Glass cleaner: What’s the best in 2021?
If you are looking for the best glass cleaner option to keep windows, boxes and other surfaces in your home or office clean, shining, and spotless, this article is for you!
Extremely easy to find with cleaning products in supermarkets and grocery stores, glass cleaner solutions are the perfect option for efficient cleaning without much effort. Specially formulated for common, tempered glass surfaces and mirrors, it removes dirt and stains without scratching or leaving marks on the material.
Follow us until the end of this review and check out the best options of the product, in addition to the features you should pay attention to in order to make the best choice of glass cleaner for your home.
First, the most important
- The market offers a multitude of glass cleaner options, from the simplest formulas for daily use to the most sophisticated, with degreasing and anti-fog action. Choose based on the type of surface on which the product will be used and for what purpose.
- Type, composition, form of application, an indication of uses, and fragrances of the product are some characteristics to be considered at the time of purchase.
- There is a lot of price variation for the product, depending on the brand and type. It is possible to find simple versions for less than R $ 5, the most sophisticated ones can cost up to R $ 50.
You may also like:
- Shutter: Find out which model is best for your windows in 2021
- Children’s curtain: What is the best model in 2021
- Magic broom: How to choose the best one for you in 2021
Best types of glass cleaner: Our favorites
Few things look as bad as dirty, stained, fogged or greasy glass. If you also want a glass cleaner to call your own, we will present the most interesting models of the product for sale in Brazil. Check out:
- Traditional Vidrex Sprayer – See
- Ultra Fast Glass Cleaner – Cif
- Glass Cleaner with Alcohol Appliance – Reax
- Squeeze Glass Cleaner – Suprema
Now that you’ve checked out our top 5 glass cleaner products, let’s go to the Buying Guide. In this section we will introduce you to the main characteristics of the product, such as advantages and disadvantages, values, where to find it, ways of use and what to pay attention to in order to choose the product that best fits your expectations.
What is glass cleaner and what are its advantages?
Glass cleaner is a type of cleaning product indicated to clean, remove stains and shine glassy surfaces such as windows, tables, shower stalls, mirrors, windshields, etc.
They can come in liquid form, in spray or squeeze packs, in the form of gel, foam or paste or as an aerosol spray.
The common formulas, found easily in supermarkets, are only suitable for cleaning glass and mirrors that are not located in rooms that accumulate greasy dirt.
For glasses with fat accumulation, there are special degreasing formulas. For some stubborn dirt, a combination of two or more cleaning products may be required.
But for everyday cleaning, the glass cleaner proves to be very efficient for removing fingerprints and dust, for example, being a practical and quick way to keep glasses, windows and mirrors shining without risk of damage.
How to choose the perfect glass cleaner?
In addition to being an excellent solution for the proper cleaning of glass and mirrors, there are specific versions of glass cleaner for various purposes, such as heavy cleaning or anti-stain, anti-fog, among others.
But before using the product on any surface it is essential to know exactly what its effects and active ingredients are. Choosing the wrong product can wear and damage surfaces. To avoid this risk, check the composition of the product carefully.
Avoid marks with compounds based on metals, abrasives and chlorine, which can oxidize, scratch or corrode the glassy surfaces, causing them to be porous, dull and stained.
Also pay attention to the instructions for using the chosen product. Some types of glass cleaner are milder, indicated for daily use, while others are indicated for removing difficult stains. Choose according to the needs of the surfaces to be cleaned.
Finally, pay attention to how the product is applied. Spray versions are the most practical to apply directly to the surface, while squeeze, gel or paste versions are best for application with the aid of a cloth.
How to use the glass cleaner?
Despite being the most suitable product for cleaning windows, mirrors and glass in general, the glass cleaner alone does not work miracles. It needs to be used in the right way, and there are some tips and tricks for your application that will make it easier for you to achieve the expected result: clean, shiny and spot-free surfaces.
- On large surfaces, divide the cleaning into stages. This prevents the product from drying on the material, causing stains.
- Do the cleaning from top to bottom, so if the product runs, it will not disturb the part that was previously cleaned.
- The crumpled newspaper technique is a myth. Newspaper in contact with the glass cleaner can loosen ink and cause stains that are difficult to remove. Prefer paper towels or toilet paper to finish cleaning, polish and shine.
- Diapers or cotton T-shirts are also great options to shine without lint. In case of windows, doors or other large and difficult to reach surfaces, the best way to apply the product is using a squeegee or broom wrapped with cotton fabric.
- Another tip is to use a clean blackboard eraser on the already clean and dry surface, this will give an even more shiny effect.
You can find glass cleaner products for less than R $ 10, reaching more than R $ 50 in the case of special brands and types.
The so-called economical packages or refills, which come in simpler bottles or sachets, without an applicator, tend to have more advantageous prices.
Where to buy?
Glass cleaner is a popular cleaning product, so it is very easy to find it for sale in markets, grocery stores, supermarkets, and stores of varieties among others.
It can also be purchased at e-commerce stores such as Amazon where it is even possible to order the product in larger quantities at wholesale price.
Purchasing criteria: Factors to compare the different types of glass cleaner
Now that you have checked the main information about the product, let’s present some characteristics for which you should be aware when comparing types and brands of glass cleaner. After defining the type of surface to be cleaned and your needs, consider the following aspects to choose the glass cleaner that will best suit you:
The most common types of glass cleaner on the market are:
- Liquid : Available in spray, squeeze or refill version. It is the cheapest and most popular type on the market. It usually has alcohol in the composition, it is quick drying and easy to apply. It can run on the surface, which makes some people uncomfortable.
- Foam : Most used for cleaning vehicles, most come in aerosol version and have a degreasing function. The foam is practical and efficient, it sticks and does not run down the glass.
- Gel : It can come in concentrated or simple version. It generally has a more active formulation, making it ideal for difficult removals, such as facades windshields and mirrored windows.
- Paste : Ideal for polishing and removing difficult stains, it should not be used on a daily basis as it can wear out the surface. Ideal for windows, bathroom stalls, cooktop surfaces, glass covers and other objects.
One of the main characteristics for the proper choice of glass cleaner is the composition. There are several formulas on the market, and the variations are according to the type of glass to be cleaned, the residue to be removed and the expected completion.
It is important to choose products with formulations without corrosives or abrasives. These materials can wear down the glass surface, especially mirrors.
Glass cleaner products can have several types of functions and active ingredients in addition to simple cleaning. The choice must also be made according to the type of surface on which the product will be used, the type of waste to be removed and the expected effect. The main active ingredients are:
- Degreaser : It also removes the fat impregnated on the surfaces. Ideal for glass, windows and other surfaces exposed to grease, such as kitchens or vehicles, for example.
- Anti-stains : In addition to not staining the application, it can create a protective film on the surface, making it difficult for residues to stick. Ideal for all translucent or glossy surfaces, such as windows, shower stalls, mirrors and table tops.
- Anti-fog : Cleans and fights the glass fogging caused by humidity. Ideal for use in stalls and bathroom mirrors and in vehicles.
The size of the bottle should also be considered. Because it is liquid, it is common to measure the quantity in milliliters (ml). However, other compositions, such as paste, may come in grams (g).
Consider your frequency of use before making this choice. If you clean your glasses every week, a 500 ml bottle should last more than a month. Since this product is due for a long period, consider buying some units, especially when buying online.