Soap: How to choose the best in 2021?
In today’s article we will talk about an item that you certainly use daily, more than once a day: soap. If you are uncertain that the type of soap you have been using is really suitable for your skin type and application purposes, we will help you.
One of the most popular items in the personal care market, the soap is a constant companion for anyone in their personal care routines. Available on the market in several versions, the soaps have been improving their formulations every day to ensure the necessary attention and care for all skin types.
Far beyond the basic function of cleaning the skin, the soap can play several other roles, such as astringent, antiseptic, moisturizer, deodorant, among others.
In this Review we will give tips on how to choose the ideal soap for each situation and skin type, as well as presenting the best options on the market and what to consider to choose the perfect type of soap for your needs.
First, the most important
- The market offers a multitude of soap options, from the simplest formulas for daily use to the most sophisticated, with exfoliating, anti-acne, bactericidal action, etc. Choose based on the type of use that will be given to the product, your skin type and specific needs.
- Type, composition, pH, properties, indication of uses and fragrances the product are some characteristics to be considered at the time of purchase.
- There is a lot of price variation for the product, depending on the brand and type. It is possible to find simple versions for less than R $ 1, the most sophisticated ones can cost up to R $ 50.
You may also like:
- Intimate soap: Discover the best of 2021
- Bath Towel: How to choose the best in 2021
- Bathrobe: What is the best model in 2021?
Now that you have checked our Ranking with some of the most popular soaps on the market, it’s time to take the next step and follow our Buying Guide. In this section you will have access to the most relevant information on soaps, such as existing types and indications for use, advantages and disadvantages, values, where to buy, etc.
But remember: the most reputable product on the market is not always ideal for you, your skin’s needs and your usage goals. That is why we will introduce you to topics about the characteristics you should pay attention to in order to choose the soap that best meets your expectations.
What is soap?
The soap is a personal hygiene product produced from fatty acids of animal or vegetable origin, enriched with fragrances and other components.
It can come in solid or liquid version. There are also several formats, especially in the case of handmade soaps, where the product takes on the most varied shapes and colors, even gaining decorative function.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of soap?
In addition to being essential for the proper cleaning and hygiene of the skin, soaps can offer other benefits according to the type chosen.
There are specific versions for all skin types, such as dry, oily, mixed, sensitive skin, among other characteristics.
The functions of the soap are not restricted to cleaning and perfuming the skin. The product can also be combined with routine skin care and treatments. But it can also get in the way. An inappropriate soap can damage the skin, causing dryness, irritation and allergies.
In addition to the medicinal versions, which treat specific problems, we also have versions for the prevention and treatment of skins with acne and blackheads, sensitive skin and allergies, in addition to versions with antiseptic and antibacterials, among other properties.
As it is a product that everyone uses, the soap in its most sophisticated or handmade versions is also an excellent option to give as a gift or as a souvenir. In the form of kits with various fragrances or in composition with other hygiene items, it is usually an option that pleases most.
Decorated and handmade soaps are also often used to decorate or perfume drawers and cabinets. The versions of liquid soap with shiny or colored particles have also been widely used in translucent dispensers to compose the decoration of toilets and bathrooms.
However, these differentiated versions can be quite expensive compared to the most basic ones.
- There are versions suitable for all skin types
- In addition to cleaning and perfuming they may have other properties
- Handmade or special models are a good option for decorating and gifting
- Inappropriate type can dry out and irritate the skin
- Differentiated versions cost about 10x more than normal ones
Liquid or bar soap?
The soap is a product of daily use and of direct contact with the skin, so it must be well chosen. Consider the most suitable type of soap according to the situation and purpose of use.
Liquid soaps, for example, are more practical for washing hands or taking on trips, for example. The bars need a place for storage, preferably that does not accumulate water.
If sharing, choose liquid soap, which does not come into direct contact with the skin and does not accumulate impurities and residues, as can occur with the bar.
Check if the product is suitable for the type of skin and region you need. Inappropriate use can be harmful.
The shape of the soap also deserves attention, and should suit the use the product is intended for. Finally, pay attention to the fragrance of the soap, according to your personal taste. Softer versions match better for those who use lotions, creams and perfume after bathing.
Check the comparative table to decide the type of soap ideal for your needs:
What precautions to take when choosing the ideal soap?
Most have many chemical compounds in their formula, which can cause reactions and irritations. Therefore, the choice of the product deserves attention, especially in cases where they will be used by babies, children or people with sensitive skin.
Always pay attention to the ingredient information on the packaging. Check the composition of the product carefully, and make sure that all ingredients are well accepted by your skin.
Make sure that the chosen product has been dermatologically tested and approved and contains hypoallergenic and mild fragrance properties. These characteristics reduce the risk of dryness, allergies and skin irritation.
A unit of bar soap of the common type can cost less than R $ 1, reaching more than R $ 50 a unit in the case of special types and brands.
The so-called economical packaging, which has more units of the product, usually have more advantageous prices.
In the case of liquid soaps, you can find products for less than R $ 10, and the refill versions are more affordable than those that come with a bottle.
Where to buy?
Soaps are a basic necessity product, so they are very easy to find for sale in physical stores, pharmacies and drugstores, markets and supermarkets and department stores.
They can also be purchased at e-commerce stores such as Amazon where it is even possible to order the product in larger quantities at wholesale price.
Always consider the cost of shipping in your online shopping searches. Depending on the region, size and weight of the package, freight can be expensive and increase the final price of the product.
Purchasing criteria: Factors to qualify the different types of soap
As ordinary consumers, we are under no obligation to be experts in the product we intend to purchase. But of course if you have followed this article up to now, it is because you are interested in making the right purchase, and choosing your soap as a professional.
Below we will present some characteristics for which you should be aware when comparing types and brands of this product. After defining your skin type and needs, consider the following aspects to choose the product that will best suit you:
Now see the importance of paying attention to each of these points.
Soaps are available on the market basically in three formats: bar, liquid or leaf.
- Bar soap : Most common type on the market. However, its composition so that it becomes solid makes it more alkaline, and can be very aggressive for some skin types.
- Liquid soap : They can be of the conventional type, in cream or gel. They are softer, so they are more suitable for use on babies, children and sensitive skin. It is considered the most hygienic type of soap, since only the portion of the product that will be used at the moment comes in contact with the user.
Therefore, it is the ideal type for shared bathrooms because, unlike the bar version, it does not run the risk of accumulation of residues and impurities.
- Leaf soap : They are still gaining popularity in Brazil, but they are already very common abroad. They are ideal to always have on hand, to carry in your purse or pocket for trips, trips, gym, etc.
Laminated in very thin sheets, it has the ideal portion for washing hands or even for bathing. Being very hygienic, especially to share, since each person uses a sheet.
Indications for using soaps, in addition to specific skin types, can be:
- For the body : It usually has the strongest composition for deep cleaning, since the region is not as sensitive as the face and private parts. They should not be used on the face or hair, as it can irritate and dry out.
- For the face : It usually has a soft composition so as not to harm the facial skin, which is more delicate and requires more care than other parts of the body.
- For private parts : Available in a liquid version for male and female audiences, the intimate soap is specially developed to clean and treat intimate areas, which have a different pH from the rest of the skin.
- For shaving : For this specific purpose, the soap produces a denser and creamy foam, and has moisturizing properties to provide a more comfortable shave without damaging the skin. There are bar, gel and cream versions.
- Medicinal : With medicinal components, they can be used in the treatment or prevention of skin diseases such as mycoses, dermatitis, scabies, among others. It should only be used with medical advice.
PH is the chemical measure used to determine the acidity or basicity of the product, and can vary up to 14.
The closer the pH is to zero, the more acidic the composition is, and the higher the more alkaline. Our skin also has a specific pH, usually 5.5.
Therefore, to find the ideal soap we must check the compatibility of the pHs. The closer the pH of the product is to the pH of our skin, the softer it will be. In other words, low pH products will be less aggressive to the skin and beneficial for ensuring a healthy and well-cared for skin.
Based on this criterion, the best options are neutral or glycerin soaps. In addition, liquid or creamy versions are usually softer. Bar soaps are generally more alkaline and can be more aggressive to the skin.
Soaps may have, in addition to the basic hygiene function, the following functions:
- Astringent : Closes pores reducing oiliness and preventing blackheads and pimples;
- Moisturizer : Prevents dryness and replenishes the skin’s natural moisture;
- Antibacterial : it has components capable of eliminating germs and bacteria;
- Antiseptic : It has the same properties as antibacterial, but can be enriched with sulfur to control acne and seborrhea in oily skin;
- Anti-acne : With salicylic acid and / or sulfur, it makes deep asepsis in the skin, fighting oiliness and treating and preventing acne;
- Exfoliating : With microspheres promotes skin exfoliation, removing dead cells and impurities.
Here the choice may be purely based on personal taste. There are people who prefer soaps with strong and strong fragrances, while others prefer milder smells.
In addition to testing whether the product smells pleasant to you, check if the fragrance used has Methylpropional Butylphenyl, which is a synthetic chemical component widely used to perfume hygiene products, but which is among the most likely to cause allergies in people with more skin. sensitive.
Here again, the choice will be based on personal preferences. The market offers soaps in the most varied formats, from the traditional rectangular ones, to the round ones and with lumps that massage while soaping.
There are also those that come in different shapes of pets, objects, sweets, flowers, etc., which can be a separate attraction. These formats are more common in artisanal products, and are ideal for decorating lavatories, scent drawers and cabinets, as well as gifts.
There are also soaps with cord. In addition to providing greater firmness at the time of use, the cord allows the soap to be hung on hooks in the bathroom or on the shower valve itself, preventing the accumulation of moisture that impairs the texture of the product.
Some models have two long strings, to allow the use with two hands to wash the back.
People Also Search For
best soap in india for oily skin
best soap for skin problems
best soap in india for fairness
best soap in india for dry skin
best soap for face pimples
dove cream beauty bathing bar
body soap brands
body soap liquid
soaps | handmade
best soap for women’s oily skin in india
best soap for women’s body
best bathing soap for fairness
top 10 soap brands in india 2019
best natural soap in india
indian soap brands made in india
best liquid body soap
top 10 soap brands in world
best bar soap for men
best liquid soap
bath soap liquid
amazon hand soap
bar soap walmart
old fashioned bar soap brands
best deodorant soap for female body odor
best moisturizing soap for dry skin
People also ask
What is the best soap to use?
Which soap is best for skin in India?
Which is the No 1 soap in India?
Which soap is safe for skin?
What soap do dermatologists recommend?
What soap is best for face?
Which soap is best for glowing skin?
Can I wash my face with Dove soap?
Is Dove soap good for face?
Which cream is best for face?
Which is the best natural soap in India?
Which is the best fragrance soap?
Why is Dove soap bad?
Is Dove soap better than Ivory soap?
Why is bar soap bad?
Which is the best toilet soap in India?
Can adults use Johnson’s baby soap?
Is soap a Dettol?
Is Dove soap made in India?
Is soap bad for face?
How can I clean my face naturally?
Is Dove soap is chemical free?
What is the most natural soap?
Do dermatologists recommend Ivory soap?
What is the safest soap to use?
Is Face Wash better than soap?
Why is bar soap better?
Is natural soap good for face?
Does Dove soap whiten skin?
What soap can make your skin whiter?
What foods brighten your skin?
Why you shouldn’t wash face in shower?
Why you shouldn’t wash your face in the morning?
Should I wash my face with just water?
What is the best all natural face wash?
Is Honey Good for face everyday?
How can I clear my face in 2 days?
How can I clear my skin in 5 days?
How can I get clear skin overnight?
How can I get glowing skin overnight?
Can honey darken the face?
Is Honey harmful for face?
Can honey remove dark circles?