Foot cream: How to choose the best in 2021?
If you suffer from dryness or cracks in your feet, this article on foot cream is for you. Of all areas of the body, it seems that the most likely to suffer from the effects of dehydration, losing their luster and softness, are their feet. So we will help you choose the ideal foot cream to keep the skin of the region well cared for.
Follow us on this reading and check out the best options of the product, in addition to the features you should pay attention to in order to make the best choice of foot cream.
First, the most important
- The market offers a multitude of foot cream options, from the simplest formulas for daily use to the most sophisticated, with regenerative, exfoliating, etc. Choose based on the type of use that will be given to the product, your skin type and specific needs.
- Indication of uses, formula and fragrances of the product are some characteristics to be considered at the time of purchase.
- There is a lot of price variation for the item, depending on the brand and type. It is possible to find simple versions for around R $ 5, the most sophisticated ones can cost an additional R $ 100.
You may also like:
- Paraffin: How to choose the best cosmetic in 2021?
- Nail pliers: What are the best models in 2021?
- Soap: How to choose the best in 2021?
A good foot cream cannot be missing from the skin care arsenal, especially for those people who suffer from the tendency to crack and dry out in the region. In addition to moisturizing, the product treats and perfumes the feet, ensuring a soft touch and silky appearance.
Continue with us to learn all about this cosmetic that can leave the days of discomfort and dryness of your feet behind.
What are the advantages of foot cream?
Created exclusively to care for the feet, an area that tends to be the roughest and driest of the body, the foot cream prevents dryness and prevents the imbalance of natural moisture, leaving the skin soft and silky and protected against cracking.
Available in several brands and versions, when used continuously, it softens, moisturizes and contributes to the regeneration of tissues, increasing the elasticity and protection of the region’s skin. It acts as a preventive for cracks in the heels that can cause pain and even bleeding.
Check out more advantages and disadvantages of the product:
- There are versions with several properties besides hydration
- Many brand options in all price ranges
- Easy to find and use
- Intense hydration for a region that is naturally more dry
- Urea versions are not suitable for diabetics
- Some imported versions have very high prices
How does foot cream differ from conventional creams?
On a daily basis, the feet are probably the part of the body that suffers most from impacts. They are constantly exposed to supporting their body weight for long periods, and friction with shoes, sandals and socks, which naturally causes thickening of the skin in the region.
For this reason, specific foot creams are more dense in order to combat dryness more effectively. They also usually have regenerative properties in order to prevent or treat cracks and even corns.
Check out some more differences between foot creams and conventional body creams:
How to use foot cream?
You don’t have to be a dry-skinned person to suffer from dry feet. Although the simple use of moisturizers in the region can improve dryness, there are ways to make foot care even more efficient. See the tips:
- Apply foot cream daily;
- Make circular movements to facilitate absorption;
- The best time to use foot cream is after bathing and before bed;
- Hydration is more effective after exfoliation , since with the elimination of dead cells the skin absorbs the cream better .;
- The exfoliation of the feet can be done with exfoliating creams , pumice, foot files or homemade formulas of your choice;
- For severe cases of dryness, bet on creams with urea;
Did you know that it is possible to enhance the effect of your foot cream with a simple trick?
At night, after applying moisturizer in the region, wrap your feet with a plastic bag or PVC film. Also worth a pair of socks.
The insulation promotes a deeper penetration of the cream, ensuring super hydrated feet in the morning.
How much does it cost and where to buy foot cream?
You can buy simple foot cream for less than $ 10. Special brands and types can cost more than R $ 100. The so-called economic packages, which have more or more units of the product, tend to have more advantageous prices.
Because they are basic personal care items, foot creams are very easy to find for sale in cosmetics stores, pharmacies and drugstores, markets and supermarkets among others.
They can also be purchased at e-commerce stores such as Amazon, where it is even possible to order a greater variety of product brands.
Purchasing criteria: Factors to compare the types of foot cream
Now that you have enough information about foot creams, you can choose without fear, right? But before that we will give you a little help, presenting the list of features for which you should be aware when comparing the types and brands of this product. Are they:
- Kind of packing
- Other properties
For the avoidance of doubt, let’s detail each of the characteristics:
Kind of packing
The type of packaging for the foot cream can determine whether it will be more or less comfortable to use.
Far beyond the aesthetic issue of the product, the type of packaging for the foot cream can determine whether it will be more or less comfortable to use. The most common packaging for the product are bottles or tubes with screw caps, or with pressure cap and dosing nozzle, or with pump type dispenser .
Wide-mouthed pots with a screw cap are also common. Choose according to your preference, but make sure the lid is safe against leakage, especially if you are storing your cream in necessaires or taking it on trips and outings.
Although this is not a very common habit for most people, checking the formula of the products that will be applied to our skin is very important. And foot cream is no different.
Check that there is no component in the product formula that may cause allergies or sensitivity. Also, prefer paraben-free creams, preservatives and artificial colors, which will be healthier and less likely to cause irritation and allergies.
Here the choice may be purely based on personal taste. There are people who prefer unscented creams, while others prefer striking fragrances or milder smells.
In addition to testing whether the product smells pleasant to you, check if the fragrance used has Methylpropional Butylphenyl, which is a synthetic chemical component widely used to perfume hygiene products, but which is among the most likely to cause allergies in people with more skin. sensitive.
Moisturizing, exfoliating, deodorant … There are several properties that can be present in the formula of a foot cream, which perform functions far beyond simple moisturizing. Check out the most popular properties:
- Moisturizer: with emollient agents that moisturize and protect against dryness in the region;
- Exfoliating: with exfoliating particles that remove dead cells to reduce the skin’s roughness leaving it smoother and smoother;
- For relief of tired feet: with components and draining or anti-edema properties, which invigorate the swelling, activate the circulation and provide relief from tiredness.
- Antiseptic: acts to fight sweat and microorganisms in the feet area that are responsible for the bad smell.
best foot cream
best foot cream for cracked heels 2021
himalaya foot cream review
best foot cream for cracked heels
eucerin foot cream
how to moisturize feet overnight
best foot cream uk
best foot care products
What is the best foot cream on the market?
What is the best heel repair cream?
What foot cream do podiatrists recommend?
What is the best treatment for cracked heels?
Is Vaseline a good foot moisturizer?
How can I soften my feet overnight?
How can I permanently fix my cracked heels?
How can I soften my feet permanently?
How do you keep your feet soft and moisturized?
Is Vaseline good for calluses?
How do I permanently get rid of calluses on my feet?