Vacuum bag: How to choose the best in 2021?
In today’s article we will talk about the vacuum bag, a multipurpose accessory that can be your ally in food preservation, in organizing clothes, in optimizing the use of cupboard and wardrobe space and even to gain more space in suitcase.
Follow us on this reading and check out the best product options, in addition to the features you should pay attention to in order to make the best vacuum bag choice to store the most diverse items in your home.
First, the most important
- The market offers several vacuum bag versions. To choose the ideal one, start by defining the main use, and choose according to the desired style and size required.
- Size, material, model, seal shape and compatible pump type are some of the characteristics to be evaluated at the time of purchase.
- Prices vary according to the brand, model and size chosen. It is possible to find small bags from R $ 5. Larger and more sophisticated versions can cost more than R $ 50.
You may also like:
- Travel kit: What’s the best of 2021?
- Airbag: What are the best 2021 models?
- Neck pillow: What’s the best of 2021?
The best vacuum bags: The ideal one for every occasion
Vacuum bags can have several uses. They are ideal for packaging and preserving not only food, but clothing, pillows, blankets, and other miscellaneous items. They allow you to save space while protecting what is packed from outside elements. Check out our list with some of the best vacuum bag models:
- To pack clothes and coats
- To pack food
- To pack bed, bath and table linen
Whether to store pillows and comforters, to gain space in your travel bag, to store winter clothes when they are not in use, or even to separate portions or organize your food before storing, the vacuum bag is a hand on the wheel . With versions in various sizes and for all purposes, they are practical and durable.
Continue with us to learn everything about this product that can make your home and kitchen organization routine much more practical, optimizing the storage capacity of even the smallest spaces.
What is the vacuum bag?
The vacuum bag is a packaging made of resistant plastic, equipped with an air removal valve and a sealing closure. Available in food and general use versions, it comes in different sizes and brands.
Its design allows unnecessary spaces to be eliminated by removing indoor air. Depending on what is stored in the vacuum bag, it can compact up to 3 times the initial volume of the package with total removal of air from the package.
To use the vacuum bag you don’t always need special pumps. It is possible to remove the air from the bag quickly and efficiently using any model of vacuum cleaner.
What are the advantages of using the vacuum bag?
Practical, durable and affordable, the vacuum bag is already an item loved by most of its fans. Available in many different models, they can store, pack and conserve different types of items. There are specific versions on the market for food items, and others for general use.
Vacuum bags are great for optimizing space.
Clothes, shoes, pillows , cushions , plush, bedding, bath and table items are among the various items that can be stored in the vacuum bag. The packaging ensures that the items are clean for longer, free of moisture, avoiding mold and bad smell.
The bags also collaborate to optimize space and organization, as it can reduce the volume of items stored under vacuum by up to 3 times.
- Available in different brands, models and sizes
- There are specific versions for food and other objects
- Vacuum protects and compresses items, saving space
- Allows better organization and use of spaces
- Some models require the use of specific pumps
- Without the availability of pumps or vacuum cleaners, compression is not very efficient
Vacuum kitchen bag or for clothes and objects: what’s the difference?
There are excellent versions of vacuum bags for both food and items in general, such as clothing and objects. Therefore, the definition of the best version of the vacuum bag will vary according to the consumer’s profile and the intended uses for the product.
Both versions are available on the market in different sizes and formats. Compare:
What uses can the vacuum bag have?
As we already mentioned, vacuum bags can have different uses, depending on their size and model. Here are some ideas to get more out of the product:
In the kitchen
- Separate portions;
- Freeze ready dishes;
- Store preserves;
- Increase the durability of cold cuts and fresh vegetables;
- Enhance marinades;
- Pack leftovers and snacks;
- Organize the freezer and refrigerator.
In the organization
- Use vacuum bags with hangers to store dress shirts, jackets and dresses;
- Reduce the volume of pillows, blankets, comforters;
- Keep cold clothes washed so they stay clean until next winter;
- Store toys and stuffed animals;
- Avoid moisture and mold.
On trips and tours
- Save space in the suitcase by compacting clothes and coats;
- Prevent spillage of shampoo and other cosmetics;
- Pack snacks and snacks;
- Have an extra unit handy to protect cell phones and electronics from rain and excessive humidity.
How to use a vacuum bag?
Using the vacuum bag to pack clothes and other items is very simple. Check it step by step:
- Place the folded and organized pieces inside the bag , without overfilling it;
- Close the bag by dragging the seal firmly twice along the opening;
- Open the valve and fit the pump or vacuum cleaner hose , sucking as much air as possible;
- In the absence of one of the two accessories , tighten the bag until the maximum air is eliminated by the valve;
- Finally, close the valve cover to prevent air from entering.
With food bags, the method is basically the same. The only difference is that the use of the vacuum cleaner is not indicated in these cases.
How much does it cost and where to buy the vacuum bag?
The values of vacuum bags vary according to model, brand and size. You can find simpler versions for less than R $ 5. Larger models and different designs can cost more than R $ 50.
You can buy your vacuum bag at home utility stores. It is also possible to purchase online, taking advantage of all the convenience and variety that e-commerce sites such as Amazon.
Purchasing criteria: Factors to compare vacuum bag models
To conclude this article, we will help you make the right choice of vacuum bag for your needs. Check the list of features you should be aware of when comparing the types and models of this product:
- Valve type
- Sealing form
- Compatible vacuum pumps
We will detail each of these items so that you can make the best choice.
Before buying your vacuum bag, try to define the main uses for the product. If it is to be used with large, bulky items, or stored in specific locations, take measures to ensure that the product is of a size and capacity compatible with the use.
Since the bag is available in a wide range of sizes, finding the ideal version for your needs shouldn’t be a problem.
Vacuum bags, in general, have a circular valve, the lid of which can be threaded or pressure. The type and shape of the valve will directly affect the model of pump and / or accessory that can be used to remove the air from your vacuum bag.
For this reason, seeking a standardization among your vacuum bags is essential to gain practicality and functionality.
Most vacuum bags have ZipLock closures as a seal, which are hermetic closures with a sliding fit. They can have sections of two, three or four fittings, depending on the model.
This type of closure is quite safe, even though it is easy to open and close. This feature ensures that the vacuum bag can be reused several times.
Compatible vacuum pumps
Some brands of vacuum bags have the valve compatible only with the pump of the brand itself, while others adopt more universal models.
Although most valves are compatible with vacuum cleaner nozzles, it is worth checking the pumps that are compatible with the chosen bag model. The more versatile the product, the better!