Apple cider vinegar: How to choose the best one for you in 2021
Today we are going to talk about a product so versatile that it can be used from the preparation of recipes to beauty products: apple cider vinegar.
Known for its nutritional properties, apple cider vinegar is the newest wild card for products such as shampoo, conditioner and others that help with hair treatment. In this article, you will understand everything about apple cider vinegar and find out how to choose the best one for you.
First, the most important
- Apple cider vinegar has long ceased to be used only to season everyday recipes.
- Today it is used to treat and prevent health, skin and, of course, hair problems.
- In this article, we’ll show you what factors to take into account in order for you to buy the ideal apple cider vinegar.
You may also like:
- Fall shampoo: How to choose the best in 2021?
- Micellar water: How to choose the best in 2021
- Hair oil: How to choose the best in 2021?
Before starting any treatment on your hair it is important to understand about the composition and effects of the products, in addition to knowing your own hair.
Therefore, we have created this Buying Guide. Here you will find all the necessary information to understand the benefits of apple cider vinegar and answer all your questions.
What is apple cider vinegar?
Apple cider vinegar is a food produced through a process of fermentation of the fruit, in which the apple is enriched with living microorganisms and other substances.
The result is that, in general, apple cider vinegar has in its composition about 5% acetic acid and 95% water, in addition to some minerals, vitamins and phytochemicals.
And it is precisely because of its composition, especially acetic acid, that the consumption of apple cider vinegar extrapolated the seasoning of meals.
This is because, it was discovered that apple cider vinegar is able to purify and regulate blood pH, to reduce cholesterol, to help control diabetes and digestion, in addition to acting in the acceleration of metabolism, in lowering blood pressure and in burning calories.
And, in addition to all these benefits for the health of the body, the fact is that vinegar is so versatile that it also acts on the health of hair and skin.
In addition to being natural and effective, apple cider vinegar is more economical.
So much so that nowadays this is one of the most sought after products to treat damaged, dry or even oily hair. That’s because, in addition to being natural and effective, apple cider vinegar is also more economical.
And if homemade recipes were used in the hair before, with the product in natura, nowadays, you will find specific products, such as shampoos and conditioners, considering the particularities of each hair , already enriched with apple cider vinegar.
How does apple cider vinegar act on hair?
As nowadays hair care products usually contain many chemical substances in their composition, the number of people looking for natural alternatives to make their hair beautiful and healthy has been increasing.
For you to have an idea, pH is the measure that defines the health level of the hair, which can be acidic, neutral or alkaline. In general, natural hair should have an acidic pH.
Hair with an alkaline pH is usually one that receives coloring, discoloration or straightening. Thus, the scales of the strands open and the hair becomes rough, porous and dull.
In such cases, hair treatment must be done in order to neutralize the pH and, for that, the use of acidic products is indicated. This is the case with apple cider vinegar, which has an acidic pH.
Apple cider vinegar will therefore close the open cuticles. And with that, the hair loses its frizz and acquires shine. That is, apple cider vinegar helps to seal hair care products.
Apple cider vinegar has an antifungal and cleansing action.
Thus, apple cider vinegar is indicated as a natural alternative to treat brittle, porous or oily hair. In addition, apple cider vinegar has an antifungal and cleaning action, even providing an improvement in dandruff.
But the advantages for the wires don’t stop there. Here are the main benefits of apple cider vinegar for hair:
- Cleaning: The use of so many daily products in our hair as gel, sprays, ointments and creams can generate an accumulation of chemical substances in the hair and scalp leaving them opaque and lifeless. Apple vinegar, therefore, performs a cleaning deep and improves the appearance and health of the hair, besides helping to control oiliness.
- Curl definition: Apple cider vinegar is also a great treatment for those with curly or curly hair. This is because, it improves the elasticity of the threads without making them heavy.
- Frizz reduction: Frizz is precisely caused by the open cuticles of the hair, which get goosebumps. But apple cider vinegar, as we have seen, can seal the cuticles, eliminating this discomfort.
- Porosity reduction: The porosity of the hair has to do with the penetration of moisture in the hair. Thus, healthy hair allows the ideal amount of moisture to be absorbed by the cuticle. The more porous hair, in spite of absorbing the liquid in greater quantity and more quickly, they also lose moisture more quickly. The result is that a high porosity can leave your hair even drier, weak and lifeless. The causes of porosity are, in general, chemical treatments and excessive exposure to the hair dryer . To alleviate this problem, apple cider vinegar is also a good option since the product works by smoothing the cuticle and minimizing damage.
- Stimulates growth: Apple cider vinegar is also able to act on the blood circulation of hair follicles, which is vital to stimulate hair growth and prevent hair breakage.
- Avoid split ends: As we have seen, the regular use of apple cider vinegar in the hair helps to remove tangles in the hair, close the cuticles, in addition to improving porosity and making the hair stronger. As a result of this process, you will notice a significant reduction in the number of split ends and breakage of the wires.
What are the other benefits of apple cider vinegar for the body?
Apple cider vinegar has a number of health benefits in general. This product can even contribute to weight loss.
In addition, apple cider vinegar has antioxidant action, protects the liver, prevents diabetes, cramps, has a diuretic action and improves joints and digestion.
Another benefit of apple cider vinegar is that it also acts on skin health. The product can be used both to treat acne and to combat oiliness.
Apple cider vinegar is a versatile product that can be used both to improve health and to prevent disease and make your skin healthier.
For most of the cases, the consumption of apple cider vinegar is made as a spice for meals or even diluted in portions of water.
Either way, you need to pay attention to excess consumption that can be harmful to your health. Therefore, we recommend that you have the accompaniment of a doctor.
What are the benefits of apple cider vinegar on hair?
There are several advantages of apple cider vinegar. The first is that this product can be used on all types of hair.
In addition, apple cider vinegar is able to clean, regulate ph, fight frizz, stimulate growth, avoid split ends and define curls.
Another advantage is that today there is a wide variety of products specific to each type of hair with apple cider vinegar in its compositions.
On the other hand, as a disadvantage is the fact that apple cider vinegar is quite acidic, which can cause contact dermatitis if used in a pure and excess form.
Therefore, the safest is to use products made with apple cider vinegar specifically for the treatment of hair.
The following are the main advantages and disadvantages of apple cider vinegar in your hair:
- Stimulates growth
- Controls oiliness, reduces dandruff, frizz
- Defines curls
- Variety of treatment products
- Affordable price
- Used neat can cause contact dermatitis
How much do apple cider vinegar hair products cost?
Items such as brand, size and composition can influence the price of hair products with apple cider vinegar.
Thus, you will find prices ranging from R $ 12 to R $ 400. The most expensive are the kits that come with many products.
Where to buy hair products with apple cider vinegar?
You can buy products with apple cider vinegar in pharmacies, specialty stores, department stores and hypermarkets.
But if you want practicality and promotional prices the ideal is to buy on sites like Amazon. In addition, you still get apple cider vinegar from the comfort of home.
Purchase Criteria: How to choose apple cider vinegar products for hair
As we have seen, the benefits of apple cider vinegar for the hair and scalp are numerous.
But now it’s time to find out how to choose the best products with apple cider vinegar.
To help you, we have listed below the main items you should consider during your purchase:
- Ready or fresh
- Hair type
- product type
- Kit or separate
In the following, we will explain these factors so that you have no doubts.
Ready or fresh
The first factor you should consider is whether you prefer to purchase a ready-to-use product or fresh apple cider vinegar.
If you choose ready-made products, you will have several options to treat different problems and also according to your hair type. We’ll talk more about that soon.
In addition, when buying specific products for hair treatment you can choose those that come enriched with other vitamins and nutrients.
But if you prefer to buy fresh apple cider vinegar, we recommend that you opt for the organic product and in glass packaging, since the plastic bottle can release toxic substances.
It is also necessary to be more careful not to use the product in excess, as, as we have seen, this can cause damage to the scalp.
It is important to know your hair type to use the most appropriate products and take care of the hair correctly.
Note that products with apple cider vinegar come with recommendations for each type: normal, dry, oily, curly or curly.
Check out the types of products with apple cider vinegar and the indication according to your hair type:
Type of products
Define your hair type, analyze which products with apple cider vinegar will be useful for you. Here the variety is great and some are almost mandatory for everyone.
Shampoo is one of them, since this product cleans and removes the oil produced by the hair.
In addition to it, you can choose the conditioner enriched with apple cider vinegar, which will help to return the natural oil of the threads, creating a protective layer.
You can also opt for other products such as combing cream, which is ideal for styling and detangling the strands; the curl activator and even the jelly, which helps with modeling.
Kit or separate
Finally, take into account what is best for you: buy products with loose apple cider vinegar or in a kit.
The kit has the advantage of being more practical since you purchase products such as shampoo, conditioner and styling cream, for example. In addition, this option may end up being cheaper.
But if you do not use or do not need all of these products, the ideal is to buy separately.
best apple cider vinegar
patanjali apple cider vinegar
best apple cider vinegar for weight loss
bragg apple cider vinegar
best apple cider vinegar to drink
best apple cider vinegar for skin
best apple cider vinegar brand for weight loss
apple cider vinegar benefits
Which brand of apple cider vinegar is the best?
Is any brand of apple cider vinegar good?
Which apple cider vinegar is best in India?
Can I drink apple cider vinegar everyday?
Can Apple cider vinegar help me lose belly fat?
What are the side effects of drinking apple cider vinegar?
Can I use filtered apple cider vinegar on my face?
Is Heinz apple cider vinegar with mother?
What kind of apple cider vinegar do you drink?