Believe it or not, the snacks you eat are very important, as they are part of your diet, and should provide you with nutrients and energy, as well as good taste. Crackers, therefore, are a favorite choice of many, and it’s good that you know how to buy them.
It’s hard to find a snack that’s delicious and nutritious and provides a considerable amount of energy to help you through the day, especially when you’re working or studying. Many of the ones you can easily find aren’t healthy, but cookies can give you everything in just one bite.
If you don’t know a lot about this product, or you don’t know anything at all, you can get a little confused during the selection and purchase process, which makes it more complex than it really is. If that’s the case, don’t worry, in this article you’ll learn everything you need to know about cookies.
The most important thing to know
- Cookies are basically a quick snack that works as a way to control hunger between meals. They can have savory and sweet flavors, and provide energy, vitamins and fiber, the latter for dietary or sporting purposes.
- Within the current market there are several models and presentations of this product, and you should know how to differentiate which one you want more, as in this case, which are homemade cookies, which are eaten fresh, but are more expensive, or packaged cookies, which are economical, but are eaten at any time.
- Before making your final decision, there are certain things you should know so you can compare your options and choose the best one for you. Factors such as flavor, accompaniment, consumer and type of use are very important.
Shopping Guide: What You Need to Know About Cookies
After learning about the best cookies on the market, you probably have a clearer idea about them, and perhaps one of the ranking models has already caught your eye. However, before you make your final purchase, it is important that you know certain aspects about this product.
What are cookies?
A biscuit is, in short, a product for quick consumption, which can be sweet or salty and is mostly dry, that is, it does not need to be refrigerated. They are made with a dough that usually contains ingredients such as flour and eggs, and are then cooked and packed.
They can have different shapes and colors, depending on aspects such as flavor, ingredients, among others. Also, they can have a second ingredient, such as cream or fondant, depending on the brand and recipe of the cookie. They generally have a good nutritional contribution and are very tasty.
What advantages do they have?
Among its biggest advantages are nutritional contributions, especially those that have ingredients like oats, as they allow you to help maintain energy and appease hunger, without sacrificing the nutrients you need during the day, because everything is connected for you give this great, healthy snack.
You might consider this product perfect so far, and the truth is, when it comes to snacks, it’s one of the best and most sought after. However, like any product on the market today, they have advantages and disadvantages that you should be aware of.
Homemade cookies or packaged cookies – what should you keep in mind?
When buying, it is impossible not to find different versions or brands of the product, and each one has its advantages and disadvantages, so it is important that you know these versions in particular, so that you can choose the one that suits you best, they are: cookies homemade and packaged cookies.
Homemade cookies: These are those that are manufactured without the intention of industrialization, and that you feel when you eat them. That doesn’t necessarily mean you have to do them, but that’s an option. Cookies that do not undergo industrial processing can be called homemade.
These are generally fresher and even healthier, but it also depends on how they are made. They can be more expensive, and are usually eaten hot. While you can make them yourself with your own cookie dough, they can also be purchased from bakeries or pastry shops.
Packaged biscuits: In the case of packaged biscuits, there is no need for refrigeration, nor should they be purchased at a certain point, as there are even vending machines. They are the cookies that are industrialized, but that doesn’t mean they aren’t healthy, as they can be, even more so.
They are very easy to find and purchase, especially because of their very low price. They are a quick snack and, depending on your intention, can help you with diet processes, energy for the day or just satiating the need to eat until you can eat.
|Usually hot, if they get cold the flavor changes
|A maioria é doce
|Sweet and tasty.
|At home or in bakeries, by hand
|they can be a little expensive
|They are very cheap.
What are Diet Cookies?
Something that happens very often, especially with people who play sports, is that hunger increases and, mid-morning and mid-afternoon, cravings arise. This can wreak havoc on your diet, but only if you let it.
For this reason, so that you don’t stop eating your snacks, there are diet cookies. This type of biscuit is specifically designed for people who are in the process of losing weight, or who play sports. Its flavor is usually salty, although there are some that are a little sweet, but just a little bit.
The key to these is to provide a high content of nutrients, vitamins and low calories. The consumption of this type of biscuit helps to control hunger, as it can easily satiate it, especially those with high fiber content, and also gives you the energy you need to continue throughout the day, whether at work, school or university, and even after a hard workout at the gym.
The taste may not be pleasing to everyone, especially in wholegrain versions, which are the most refined of all, as the inclusion of aromas can affect the nutritional composition, so the flavor can be salty and pure. However, the results and the contribution it makes to your health are incredibly high.
Before making your final decision, it is important that you take into account certain aspects that will help you during the selection process, as they will allow you to compare the possible options, so that you can choose the one that suits you best and meets your needs
- Type of use
One of the aspects you should look at first is the taste, as it is a flavor detail, and also affinity according to who consumes it, so you should think about which you like the most, because the idea is that it is easy to eat, regardless of whether you are dietary or not, if you are not, it becomes torture.
Crackers: These are the easiest to consume in adults, as the taste is generally not overwhelming. This type of flavor tends to satisfy hunger and generate fullness, so it’s most commonly found in health food stores, but it’s very rare for them to provide real energy. Although it is well received by adults, it is not so well received by children.
Sweet cookies: The most loved by young people and children. This type of biscuit has a powerful and delicious flavor, often using elements ranging from just sugar to chocolate. Although they look delicious, the flavor can easily overwhelm you as they are very sweet, so they should be eaten in small amounts.
Type of use
- Diet biscuits: This type of biscuits are the most sought after by people who want to lose weight but have a lot of cravings during the day. The flavor is usually salty, and the idea is that they help satisfy your hunger with lots of fiber, so you don’t end up repeating meals.
- Energetic Cookies: These are the most recommended for athletes and students. They can be healthy, though not as healthy as diet crackers, but they do provide a lot of fiber and vitamins. The difference is in the taste, which is often sweet, and the increase in sugar (often natural) provides energy.
- Cookies for flavor: These type of cookies are eaten for flavor, and because you like them. If you have no real intention beyond enjoying its delicious taste, you can choose either sweet or savory, and you may be recommended to eat homemade, which usually has a higher flavor level.
According to who consumes the biscuit, there are several aspects to evaluate, from the flavor to the shape, including, of course, the nutritional table that it administers. Because of this, you must be very clear about who the cookie is for, and from there, select.
- Children: This is the most complicated audience, as many are not used to strange or very strong flavors. In this case, the most successful ones are the sweet biscuits, and they can be found with great nutritional value, such as oat and chocolate biscuits. If the cookies are shaped like characters, it will be easier for the child to eat them.
- Young people: This is the middle ground for common consumers, the cookies that usually attract attention are between savory and sweet, but in the case of the latter, perhaps the flavor shouldn’t be so overpowering. The forms don’t matter so much, but the contribution, especially if they provide energy, which is what they are most looking for.
- Adults: Finally, the adult niche is much more open, as they are often more inclined towards savory than sweet, without discarding the latter, of course. This type of consumer can be offered cookies with whole flavors, with integrated fruits or nuts, as they have a broader taste.
As a final point, it is important that you take into account the companion that the biscuit has, if you have one, as it has its own nutritional value, and can be beneficial depending on your consumption intention, which you should have defined before even thinking on buying any brand.
- Cream: This is the most popular of all, and is intended for any age group, although it is most recommended for children and young people, as the cream usually has a sweet taste, but not too sweet, meaning it doesn’t make the taste tiresome. . One of the attractions of this accompaniment is the flavor and energy.
- Fruits: There are models and presentations of cookies that offer fruits as an accompaniment, such as apples, bananas or even strawberries. These complementary elements tend to be more for young adults and adults alike, as their taste tends to be a little different from what a child is used to. Among its attractions is nutrition.
- Cereals: As a last companion, there are cereals, which are often incorporated into cookie dough. In these cases, the flavor changes a lot and adults may like them better. They are very beneficial in terms of energy, fiber and vitamins, as well as helping with dietary processes.