Top & Best Curved monitor: How to choose the best model in 2020
Welcome to mypricvesaving.com. Today’s subject is the curved monitor, an electronic device that offers greater image immersion, thanks to the sides designed to surround the field of view at a different angle.
The most interesting thing is that you find the curved monitor in the ultra modern Ultrawide display , in different sizes and image resolutions. If you are considering investing in a curved monitor, continue reading this article.
First, the most important
- The great advantage of a curved monitor is the curvature of the screen, which can have a value of 1800, 3000 or 4000R. Providing a field of view of up to 178 degrees.
- You can find curved monitor models from several brands, the most popular of which are Samsung, HP, Asus, Dell, Acer, LG, AOC, MSI and ViewSonic. Prices range from R $ 900 to R $ 10,000.
- While the cost of a curved monitor is higher than that of a flat panel, the upgrade is worth it if you want to make your experience immersive.
You may also like:
- PC Monitor: What are the best options in 2020?
- Monitor Gamer: How to choose yours in 2020?
- Wireless keyboard: How to choose the best in 2020?
The best curved monitor models: Our tips
If you are thinking of buying a monitor for your PC, how about investing in a curved monitor? To help you find good equipment, we have selected the best models for sale in the ranking below.
- Widescreen panel option
- Model with exclusive ViewMode feature
- The best choice for games
- Great option with contrast differential
Choosing a good monitor is essential for those who need to increase productivity at work and / or want an immersive experience in multimedia consumption – games, movies, series, among others.
A model that meets these needs is the curved monitor. Know the differentials of this model and learn some tips on how to choose a curved monitor in this Buying Guide.
What is different about the curved monitor?
The great advantage of a curved monitor is the curvature of the screen, which promotes a sense of visual immersion. This is because human vision is peripheral, that is, the curved monitor covers the entire field of view of the user.
The screen flexion can be 1800, 3000 or 4000R. The lower this number, the more curved the monitor is. Ideally, the 1800R standard provides a 178-degree field of view.
The fact that the ends of the screen have the tips facing forward gives the feeling that the image is wider than that displayed on a flat screen with the same number of inches. That is, the feeling is that the curved monitor is a few inches more.
A negative point of the curved monitor is that some models do not have built- in speakers. Be aware of this when purchasing. Now, compare the advantages and disadvantages of the equipment in the table below:
Why should a gamer invest in a curved monitor?
Not only have games evolved, but also the way they are transmitted. After all, realistic graphics make no sense on a monitor with incompatible image resolution, refresh rate and standard.
In a curved monitor the visual stimulus guarantees a complete user experience.
But the evolution went beyond the technical configurations and started to involve the physical form of the screens. In a curved monitor the visual stimulus guarantees a complete user experience. The player is able to capture the movements on screen with peripheral vision.
Focus, immersion and quick reactions are the advantages of playing on a curved monitor. Another difference is the ambilight lighting , which increases the feeling of immersion and ambiance (only available on curved monitor models in the gamer category).
- First-person shooter games: With a wide field of view, you will not need to move your eyes to the edges to avoid losing the details of what is happening.
- Racing simulators: The view from the cockpit is limited, so every extra inch in the side view can make all the difference. After all, some games are lost because the player did not notice a competitor at his side.
- Flight simulator: The player will also benefit from a curved monitor in a flight simulator game, because the horizontal focus will always be filled with an image.
Should I buy a curved monitor to work?
The curved monitor is also an excellent computer option for work, as with improved depth perception, peripheral distractions are minimized, ensuring focus to carry out your activities.
In addition, the acquisition of a curved monitor makes it possible to conduct more than one task at the same time, after all, it is possible to divide the screen – especially if the curved monitor is Ultrawide .
Curved or flat monitor: Which is the best choice for you?
Although the curved monitor is fantastic, the flat screen also has its advantages. First of all, it is smaller and takes up less space, so if you have a small desk, it is better to choose the traditional monitor.
The flat monitor has a series of adjustments, you can tilt, rotate and adjust the height. These adjustments provide comfort in the way of viewing the screen.
Still in the scope of comparison, the curved monitor is less reflective when compared to the flat panel monitor. Another positive point is that the convex screen concentrates the image in the center of the screen, in addition to increasing the contrast rate by almost twice as much.
Another advantage is that, according to experts, the curved monitor reduces eye strain. In summary, both options have positive and negative points, compare the main points in the table below:
How much does it cost and where to buy a curved monitor?
The price of a curved monitor varies widely. You can find options from R $ 900 and a wide variety between R $ 1200 and R $ 1700. The intermediate models cost between R $ 1900 and R $ 3000.
If you have a bigger budget, you can invest in a premium model, with even more interesting features. In this case, prices range from R $ 4,800 to R $ 9,800.
You can find the curved monitor in the best electronics or office stores, such as Fast Shop and Kalunga. If you prefer you can buy the product online. The best stores are: Amazon Brasil, Mercado Livre, Shoptime, Kabum and Submarino.
Purchase Criteria: Factors to compare curved monitor models
If you are considering buying a curved monitor, it is important to take some details into consideration such as format, size and screen resolution, update frequency, response time, among others listed below:
- Ultrawide or Widescreen ?
- Update frequency
- Display size
- FHD or QHD?
After you finish reading this article, don’t hesitate to give the curved monitor a chance.
Ultrawide or Widescreen ?
The screen aspect ratio of a curved monitor can be 16: 9, which means that the monitor is 16 units wide every 9 units high. This technology, called Widescreen , is the most popular today.
Another option is the Ultrawide display , which has a 21: 9 aspect ratio and is 33% larger than a Widescreen panel . Check the differentials of this technology, in the video of the Adrenaline channel, which has more than half a million subscribers:
When you buy a curved monitor, you will find both options for sale, we suggest that you bet on an Ultrawide monitor to be able to take full advantage of the potential of the curved monitor.
As it is an electronic device aimed at gamers, the curved monitor has an excellent update rate – 144, 165 or 240Hz – and a response that varies from 1 to 3ms.
However, some simpler models offer a lower refresh rate of just 75Hz and a response rate of 4ms. The choice is related to your use of the monitor.
You find the curved monitor in different sizes, from 24 to 38 inches. The size of the screen is a determining factor in your experience with electronics – as well as the format of the display.
- Small screens: 23.6 and 24 inches
- Average screen: 27 inches
- Large screens: 31.5, 32, 34, 37.5 and 38 inches
FHD or QHD?
You find the curved monitor with image resolution in FHD or QHD. If you don’t know the meanings of these acronyms, read on.
- FHD: Full High Definition resolution corresponds to an image definition of 1920×1080 pixels. This resolution provides very clear images and allows you to watch movies and series in good detail.
- QHD: Quad HD or 2K resolution, has a resolution of 2560×1440 pixels, providing images with greater definition and rich details. This resolution is only available on monitors, notebooks and mobile devices.