Graduation Ring: How to choose the best model in 2022
Graduating from graduation is one of the most important moments in the lives of many students. To symbolize this achievement and eternalize that moment, you can present the university student with a graduation ring.
This gift is usually given by the student’s family. However, many of them do not know which stone symbolizes the trainee’s profession. With that in mind, we have prepared this article with all the information you need to know about the subject. Good reading!
First, the most important
- The graduation ring can be forged in gold – yellow, white or rose – or silver, it carries a central gemstone and a side emblem, both representing the graduation course.
- Those who are unable to invest in a gemstone ring can buy a model with zirconia stone, as long as it is the color corresponding to the trainee’s course.
- It is also common to have the date of the formation recorded on the inside of the graduation ring, to eternize this very important moment. The service may be charged separately.
You may also like:
- Graduation gifts: How to choose the best in 2022?
- Photo album: How to choose the best model in 2022?
- Commitment Alliance: How to choose the best one in 2022?
The Best Graduation Rings: Our Recommendations
If you are looking for a modern, delicate jewel, with sophisticated design and that carries a lot of meaning, you will find excellent options on Amazon. We have prepared some purchase suggestions below:
- The ideal model for medical students
- The best option for new journalists and lawyers
- The most sophisticated model
The preparation of the Course Conclusion Paper is not the only challenge the last year of college. College students also need to prepare for graduation and prom.
To recognize the student’s effort, you can present him with a classic graduation ring. The jewel represents pride in the profession and the completion of one of the most challenging stages of life. Want to know more about the accessory? Read this Buying Guide.
What does a graduation ring represent?
The graduation ring is a jewel that symbolizes the achievement of a university degree and pride in the chosen career. In addition, the accessory represents the overcoming of a stage that required effort and dedication.
Although it is an old tradition, wearing a graduation ring is also a custom among recent graduates from various undergraduate courses. The graduation gift can be given by parents, sponsors or anyone who has an emotional bond with the student.
How did the tradition of the graduation ring come about?
The tradition of wearing a graduation ring began in 1835, at the West Point Military Academy in the United States. The rings served to identify the group of graduates of that year and mark their passage through the institution.
After this class, the Academy institutionalized the graduation ring, making it a tradition. Other North American universities included the accessory in the rite of passage and, little by little, the tradition spread around the world.
It is not known at what time the precious stones and their respective colors started to be related to the professions. The interpretation suggests that the connection is with the meanings attributed to the stone.
See the advantages and disadvantages of giving someone this jewel.
- The graduation ring pleases men and women
- For each area of operation there is a corresponding stone
- The ring can be gold or silver
- You find options with natural or artificial stone
- It’s a jewel, so the price is high
What is the meaning of each stone in the graduation ring?
Traditionally, the graduation ring has a standard shape, with a profession emblem on the side, while in the center there is a precious stone with the color that symbolizes the area of expertise.
- Red stone (Ruby): The stone represents the gift of the spoken or written word. It also symbolizes enthusiasm, strength and protection. Traditionally it is used by those who studied Journalism or Law. Do dental graduates also wear a graduation ring with red stone? But the stone is Granada, which represents the International Dentistry Congress, which takes place annually in the city of Granada, Spain.
- Pedra Verde (Esmeralda): Represents nature and living beings, so it is the color that symbolizes courses associated with the health field such as Medicine, Nursing, Physiotherapy, Nutrition and Veterinary. It is also associated with other courses in the area: Physical Education, Biomedicine, Physiotherapy, Speech Therapy, Nutrition, Zootechnics and Occupational Therapy.
- Blue Stone (Sapphire): This stone conveys creativity, wisdom and reason, which is why it is widely used in exact courses such as Mathematics, Engineering, Physics, Statistics and Computer Science. Other courses that use blue stones are Chemistry, Biochemistry, Marketing, Administration, Advertising, Geology, Secretariat, Public Relations, Radio and TV, Graphic Design, Education, Music, Drawing, Actuarial Sciences, Systems Analysis, Photography etc.
- Amethyst (lilac stone): This stone represents reflection, so it is used to represent courses in Fashion Design, Social Sciences, Library Science, Letters, History, Geography, Gastronomy, Pedagogy, Sociology and Theology.
- Onyx (black): The stone represents self-control, which is why it is attributed as a representation of the Police, Oil and Gas Management and Radiology courses – it has the alternative Topázio Imperial stone.
- Aquamarine (light blue): This stone is believed to have the ability to give clarity to reasoning. It is associated with courses in Economics and Oceanography.
- Imperial Topázio (yellow): It is associated with concentration and wisdom, it is also capable of transmitting perseverance, so it is associated with Pharmacy, Biochemistry and Radiology courses.
- Tourmaline (pink): This stone usually appears on the graduation ring of the Accounting course, the explanation is that the Law course, which uses the red stone, has a strong influence in the accounting area.
Which finger to wear a graduation ring on?
According to Eastern traditions, the graduation ring must be worn on the ring finger of the left hand to attract success and professional recognition. According to beliefs, this finger is governed by the Sun, so it attracts a successful career.
However, many people wear the graduation ring on the middle finger, as the ring fingers are used to put on a wedding ring or engagement ring .
At what time should I present the student with the graduation ring?
You must present the trainee with the graduation ring after graduating, that is, after the university student gets the diploma.
The graduation ring must be given after graduation.
At the time of delivery, it is worth giving a brief speech of congratulations and encouragement to the trainee.
The new professional can wear the graduation ring every day or just on special occasions. It depends on personal preference.
Purchasing Criteria: Factors for comparing graduation ring models
The graduation is coming and you still can’t find a nice graduation ring? Smoothly! In this section we bring you some tips on how to choose the best graduation ring for the new professional.
- Grad style
- Ring Material
- Ring shape and thickness
- Stone shape and size
- Profession symbol
We will detail each of the criteria throughout this section.
Presenting a person with a jewel is not always a simple task, as the accessory conveys the personality of the person who will wear it. Therefore, knowing the trainee’s style will help in choosing the graduation ring.
Does the person wear delicate or extravagant accessories? Do you like gold or silver pieces more? Does it have a classic or contemporary style?
Answering these and other questions will help you find a graduation ring that will please the graduate. Tip: When in doubt choose a model with timeless design.
Generally, the graduation ring is forged from noble metals, such as gold, which conveys the seriousness of professional training. But there are cheaper options, made in silver.
The graduation ring can be forged in 18 or 24K gold.
If choosing a gold ring, evaluate the carat of the stone – a unit of measure that indicates the degree of purity of the gold – where: 14K almost 60% gold, 18K 75% gold and 24K 100% gold.
18K gold – mixed with copper, zinc, silver and palladium – is used to create resistant and durable jewelry, because in its pure state, gold is a malleable and fragile material, which can be kneaded with some ease.
Regarding the shade, you can choose between yellow, white or rose gold. If you prefer a white gold model, check that the accessory has been rhodium plated – a rarer and more valuable metal than gold – to ensure a shiny silver look.
With the time of use, it is natural that there will be a wear of the rhodium bath, so, for the graduation ring to regain its showy appearance, it will be necessary to give another rhodium bath.
Ring shape and thickness
Those with thin, long fingers should choose a thick, horizontal graduation ring to add volume and balance the lightness of the fingers. Who has thick and short fingers, should opt for a model with vertical detail, to provoke the sensation of longer fingers.
If the person has large hands, bet on a large, proportional ring. Those with small hands should invest in an equally delicate ring.
Did you know that in academia, there are some confusions regarding certain badges, so make sure that the symbol printed on the ring references your course before you buy it.
Stone shape and size
The graduation ring carries a precious stone – it can be emerald, ruby, sapphire, onyx, tourmaline, amethyst, aquamarine or topaz – in different sizes and shapes. Tip: Another option is the colored Zirconia stone.
You can find models with round, square, rectangular, oval or triangular stone. Regarding the size, the stones are measured in points, a system that indicates their weight. The larger the stone, the more expensive the ring.
In addition to the stone corresponding to the area of expertise, the graduation ring can carry the emblem of the profession – in the past, the emblem of the institution of study was used. Traditional models carry this symbol printed on the side of the accessory.
Some courses have official and unofficial symbols. Pedagogy, for example, has the fleur-de-lis as its official symbol, but the owl is widely used as an emblem of the course, as it symbolizes wisdom.
The most modern models incorporate the symbol of the profession in the design of the ring. It is the example of the graduation ring of the Medicine course, which features the carving of two snakes, or Biomedicine, which features a DNA molecule, in a rereading of the symbols of the profession.
It is worth mentioning that there is no problem in wearing a graduation ring without the profession symbol. What matters is the meaning the jewel has for you!
unique class rings
college graduation rings
custom class rings
class rings cheap
class ring companies
class rings walmart
zales class rings
What finger do you wear your graduation ring on?
Are class rings still a thing?
Are class rings worth any money?
Are Walmart class rings good quality?
How do you wear your class ring after you graduate?
When should you stop wearing a class ring?
How many times do you turn your class ring?
What does a pinky ring mean on a man?
Are the stones in class rings real?
What is the point of a class ring?
Why are class rings a thing?
Are Jostens class rings real gold?
How do I find out what my ring is worth?