Sheet: What is best for your bed in 2021?
Did you know that your bed sheet affects the quality of your sleep? It not only serves to protect the mattress, it is an essential element for your comfort as well. In today’s article we will talk about sheet.
Choosing your bedding with care is essential, after all, according to experts, we spend almost a third of our life sleeping. The sheet is an important part of sleeping like angels and facing the day with more humor.
Getting home and seeing the bed made with that smelling sheet is very inviting. In the text below we will help you choose the best sheet for your bed. Come with us and follow our tips.
First, the most important
- The sheet is a fundamental item in the bed. Among other functions, it serves to protect and help preserve your mattress, ensuring its durability and preventing wear, stains and proliferation of bacteria.
- Using a sheet is essential for hygiene. It helps to keep your health up to date, at bedtime. It can be used both on those warmer days, as it can hold the coolest air, as on the coldest days, helping to maintain body heat.
- Found in different types of fabrics, the most popular sheet is 100% cotton. Being aware of the material that the sheet is made of is important and helps in your decision when investing in the best for you.
You may also like:
- Sofa bed: how to choose the best in 2021?
- Bunk Bed: How to choose the best in 2021
- Air mattress: Learn how to choose the best inflatable in 2021
Best sheets for your bed: Our recommendations
When buying a sheet, pay attention to the material it is made of. The three games below are the best and best selling currently on the market. Check out the list we’ve selected for you and keep reading our Shopping Guide.
- Single loose sheet – Artex
- Sheet with elastic couple – Santista
- Sheet with elastic – Buddemeyer
There is nothing more pleasant than a comfortable, clean and smelling bed after an intense day. And the sheet is also the protagonist of this scenario. It can even interfere with the quality of our sleep.
Now that you know the importance of the sheet and have met some of the best on the market, let’s talk a little more about some features that will help you choose the best sheet for your bed.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of the sheet?
The sheet is a fundamental item in the bed. It serves not only to protect, but also to help preserve your mattress, ensuring its durability and preventing wear, stains and bacteria proliferation.
The sheet is also essential to maintain hygiene at bedtime and keep your health up to date. It can be used both on those warmer days, managing to keep the air cooler, as on the coldest days, helping to maintain body heat.
Cotton sheets are usually hypoallergenic and the best option for those suffering from both respiratory and itchy allergies. In addition, they are usually very fresh.
To maintain hygiene, the sheet needs to be changed weekly, at least and at most every two weeks. However, you can change it as needed.
The ideal is to wash it well and keep it in a suitable place. In this way, it will continue to fulfill its role of keeping your health up to date and protecting your mattress.
How to care for your sheet?
Washing your sheets frequently is very important to keep you up to date. Like delicate clothes, your sheet also needs special care when washing.
No getting everything out of bed, making that little bundle and throwing it in the washing machine. That’s not cool. To ensure a good cleaning it is important to take some precautions. Such as:
- Sheets accumulate germs, sweat and oil from your body, the ideal is to change it weekly or at most every two weeks;
- If it has any stains, invest in a specific product for this and soak it before putting it in the machine;
- Some washing machines have the function of bed linen or delicate clothes, select this option to wash your sheets;
- The water temperature helps to make it cleaner, check the sheet label for the recommended temperature;
- After drying, before storing, the ideal is always to iron the sheet. Check the manufacturer’s instructions before using the iron;
- Finally, folding the sheet neatly and storing it in an appropriate place helps in its conservation and hygiene.
The price will depend on the size of the sheet and the fabric and the amount of threads it has. The bigger, the more expensive the sheet will be. A single single sheet, in mesh, is usually more accessible and there are brands that start at R $ 18.
The price of a sheet in percale, 100% cotton, which has a good quality and durability, usually costs from R $ 40 on average. The value varies a lot, depending on the brand.
There are even more sophisticated options, with details and that comes together. It is possible to find sheet sets that cost up to five thousand reais.
Where to buy?
It is very easy to find a good quality sheet according to what you want to invest. Stores that sell bed, bath, and table linen.
The big supermarket chains like Carrefour, Extra, among others, also dedicate a section only for bed linen. Do you like a specific brand? Buettner, Trousseau, Santista, Lepper and Artex, for example, have sheets for all tastes.
In addition, you still have the option to buy your sheet without leaving your home, in online stores like Amazon mentioned above. The advantage of buying online is that you don’t have to leave the house and receive the product at the door.
Purchasing criteria: Main features for evaluating a sheet
To find out which is the best set of sheets for your bed, it is important to observe the following characteristics mentioned below. They will help you make a more assertive choice:
- Number of wires
Read on to learn more about each item.
For the sheet to have a perfect fit and a good fit on the bed, it is important to know the measurements of the mattress, since there are different sizes such as: single, couple, queen and king size, in addition to the specific for cradle.
With that in mind, pay attention to this detail before buying your sheet. Check the measurements of the sheet and check if it fits with those of your mattress. Doing this is easier to get the purchase right.
The sheet can be produced with different types of fabrics. The most common on the market is 100% cotton, but there are some variations. Being aware of the material that the sheet is made of is important and helps in your decision at the time of purchase.
- 100% cotton sheet : The most popular of all. This sheet is manufactured with 150 threads. It is soft, durable and hypoallergenic. Its price is affordable and relatively low compared to other models. The big advantage is that it is easy to wash and iron and does not heat up in the heat.
- Percale sheet : This type of sheet is made from 180 threads. It can be 100% cotton or 50% cotton, 50% polyester. It has great durability. The mixed version is usually more accessible and very easy to iron, however, it can, over time, create balls in the fabric. Because it has polyester in its composition, the sheet heats up a little more on those hot days.
- Knitted sheet : The big difference of this sheet, made in 100% cotton, is in the weft of the threads. It is soft, very malleable and practical. It does not need to be ironed, after being washed and made of cotton, it is anti-allergic. This type of sheet is usually a good choice to be used in children’s beds.
- Egyptian cotton sheet: A thin and very elegant sheet. Your bed will have a touch of richness. They are more expensive sheets, but the investment is worth it, since they are usually very durable. The characteristics of its fibers make it a little difficult to iron. But the touch of softness and the comfort it provides is worth the effort.
- Flannel sheet : The perfect option for those colder days. It is usually a more expensive sheet and a little harder to find. It has the advantage of being durable and hypoallergenic.
- Silk sheet : With a velvety texture and soft touch, silk is a very noble and expensive fabric. The silk sheet will make your bed a real luxury. If you want to invest in this type of sheet just pay attention to the care to keep it always beautiful and avoid using it in the heat. Silk tends to get hot.
- Satin sheet : Much more accessible than silk, the satin sheet also has a soft touch and provides comfort and beauty.
Number of wires
This characteristic is directly linked to the quality of the sheet. The greater the number of threads the fabric is made, the better and more durable the sheet will be.
The count usually starts from 150, going beyond a thousand. The price also increases according to the number of threads. However, you don’t have to spend that much to have a good sheet. The intermediate models are great and worth the investment.
In addition to the above characteristics, there are two types of sheets: with elastic and without elastic.
Here the decision is very simple. If you are one of those who move a lot in bed, invest in a sheet with elastic. It will always stay in place and when it comes to tidying it is much more practical.
It is a personal issue, but it deserves attention and needs to be considered. After all, you don’t want to wake up in the middle of the night and realize that the sheet has ended up on the floor, don’t you ?!
The biggest difficulty with the elastic sheet is to iron and fold it nicely before putting it away. The no elastic at this point is much easier. Learn how to fold the sheet with elastic with this video from Carol Rosa’s channel: