Wrinkle cream: How to choose the best in 2021
Today we are going to talk about one of the essential cosmetics for those who want to keep their skin young for longer: the cream for wrinkles.
Over time, our skin feels the effects of aging and this is inevitable. However, nowadays, with the evolution of science, products such as wrinkle cream are increasingly effective.
Whether to prevent wrinkles or attenuate the expression lines of the face, today there are several cream options for wrinkles. In this article we will show you how to choose the most suitable for you.
First, the most important
- The cream for wrinkles does not work miracles, but if used daily, it is effective in preventing and smoothing wrinkles on the skin.
- Nowadays there are several creams available, with different properties, for each skin type and age.
- To choose the ideal one for you, you need to consider both personal characteristics and components of the cream formula for wrinkles.
You may also like:
- Sunscreen: How to choose the best in 2021
- Menstrual collector: How to choose the best model in 2021
- Intimate soap: Discover the best of 2021
Best types of wrinkle cream: Our favorites
Nowadays it is not enough to choose the cream for wrinkles based only on brand and price. Knowing this, manufacturers have been investing more and more in efficient formulas to combat skin aging.
Therefore, we will present below the best types of cream for wrinkles available on the market today.
- Chronos Natura wrinkle reducing elixir
- SkinCeuticals Serum 10 Antioxidant
- L’Oréal Paris Revitalift Laser X3 Intenso
- L’Oréal Paris Expert 35+
With so many different options on the market, choosing the right wrinkle cream for you can be challenging. More than price and brand, you need to consider your skin type, age and other factors.
To help you with this process, we have created this Buying Guide. Here you will find everything you need to know to choose the ideal wrinkle cream.
What is a wrinkle cream?
Wrinkles are natural signs of the skin, which appear over the years in all of us. They arise due to repetition of facial muscle movements in combination with excessive exposure to the sun, pollution, smoking and other factors.
Therefore, wrinkles appear mainly in exposed areas such as face, neck, hands and arms. To prevent and soften its appearance, there are several skin treatments.
The least invasive and the most accessible is the cream for wrinkles, which is nothing more than a combination of substances and vitamins that hydrate, tone, revitalize and protect the skin.
The fact is that, if not treated properly, wrinkles can get deep and vary in color.
The good news is that, although wrinkles are inevitable, they can and should be prevented and alleviated. For that, it is necessary a set of actions that will protect and take care of your skin.
Among these actions are procedures that take care of the skin from the inside out like healthy eating, good nights sleep, and hydration. In addition to this, external treatments are recommended, such as the use of sunscreen and wrinkle cream.
Wrinkles arise due to repeated movements of facial muscles in combination with excessive exposure to the sun, pollution and smoking.
Dermatologists recommend that the use of wrinkle cream should be started from the age of 30, when the signs of skin aging begin to be noticed.
Generally, the softness and smoothness of the skin is felt as soon as the moisturizer is applied. But it takes time, which can last up to four weeks, for the smoothing effects of wrinkles to be felt with the use of the cream.
The recommendation of the experts is that you use the cream for wrinkles for at least three months, daily.
What are the advantages of wrinkle cream?
The cream for wrinkles, when used every day from the age of 30, has great advantages. Although the formula of each cream varies according to the manufacturer, there are benefits that are usually common to most. We will talk more deeply about the cream formula for wrinkles in the Purchase Criteria.
The cream for wrinkles, in general, evens out skin tone, stimulates collagen production, restores skin firmness and elasticity, moisturizes, providing softness and slows the appearance of wrinkles.
But the anti-wrinkle cream also has some disadvantages. The main one is that use in large quantities can cause skin irritation.
In addition, if you choose a wrinkle cream that is not suitable for your skin type, consequences such as acne, blemishes and allergy may also occur.
Below, you can see the table with the main advantages and disadvantages of the cream for wrinkles.
- Stimulates collagen production
- Moisturizes the skin
- Prevents and smoothes the appearance of wrinkles
- May cause irritation, blemishes and acne
- Long-term result
The price of the cream for wrinkles varies according to the brand, the composition formula and the size of the product. Therefore, this product has a very large price variation and can cost between R $ 15 and R $ 2.5 thousand.
But, as many experts say, not always the most expensive will be the best product. So don’t rush into buying expensive cream. Assess your needs and the quality of the cream.
Where to buy?
The wrinkle cream is for sale in pharmacies, cosmetics stores, departments and in some hypermarkets such as and Extra.
However, we recommend that you purchase from online stores such as Amazon. Thus, you find more brand options and more affordable prices. In addition, of course, to make your purchase from the comfort of your home.
Purchase criteria: What to take into account when choosing the cream for wrinkles
To buy a good wrinkle cream you must read the product label and look for substances that will be effective in preventing or mitigating wrinkles.
In addition, it is necessary to follow the recommendation for use according to the age group and your age. But this information is not always exposed on the product label to help you identify these points, we have listed below the main factors that you should consider before purchasing the wrinkle cream.
- Skin type
In the following, we will detail each of these factors so that you can buy the wrinkle cream that will meet your expectations.
Age is one of the first factors you should consider before buying a wrinkle cream. That’s because the skin of a 30-year-old, for example, will not need the same cosmetics as the skin of a 50-year-old woman and vice versa.
And, also for this reason, each cream will have in its formula different components, effective for different age groups. Most of the time, the recommended age range for use will be in the box exposed in the box of the wrinkle cream.
But, as this is not a rule, we have listed below the substances that should be contained in the cream for wrinkles according to their age:
- 20 to 30 years : if you want to start using the cream for wrinkles early, opt for those that contain vitamin C in their formula. Vitamin C prevents the signs of aging, brightens, brightens, is antioxidant and stimulates collagen production.
- After 30 years : choose the cream for wrinkles with vitamin A (retinol, retinoaldehyde and retinoic acid), which will renew the cells and stimulate the production of collagen.
- After the age of 40 : as in this phase the hormones start to fall, the density and firmness of the skin decrease. Therefore, use products with vitamin A, with peptides or sodium derivatives.
- After 50 years : in this age group, the signs of age are more apparent and it is necessary to use more powerful tightening creams.
Just like the age group, it is important that you consider your skin type so that you can buy a wrinkle cream that will be effective.
This will prevent you from buying a product that will not work and will also prevent irritation, acne, blemishes and other skin problems. After all, if your skin is oily, for example, a wrinkle cream that contains oil will do even more damage to it.
The recommendation for use according to the type of skin usually comes exposed on the label of the anti-wrinkle cream.
But for you to have an idea, we have listed below the substances that should or should not contain in your wrinkle cream according to your skin type.
- Dry skin: have a tendency to premature aging, so they should opt for cream for wrinkles that increase hydration, based on oil, with hyaluronic acid and sun protection.
- Oily skins : in this case, choose an oil-free cream. Prefer gel cream for wrinkles and soft formulas.
- Sensitive skin: if your skin is sensitive, buy a hypoallergenic and unscented wrinkle cream.
After identifying what is most effective for your age and your skin type, it is time to check, with a detailed look, the composition formula of the wrinkle cream.
Amid so many substances present in the wrinkle cream, there are some that are essential for you to get the desired result.
According to dermatologists, there are at least four main substances that must be in the formula of anti-wrinkle cream: Vitamin C, hyaluronic acid, retinol and sun protection.
These combined components have the power to keep the skin firm, without wrinkles, hydrated and without blemishes. Check out the action of each of them on your skin:
- Vitamin C : antioxidant that acts as a photo protector; has healing action, is whitening and stimulates collagen synthesis.
- Hyaluronic acid : it exists in our body with the function of moisturizing, but decreases after 25 years.
- Retinol : renews cells and stimulates the formation of collagen; derived from vitamin A, it is effective in combating wrinkles and blemishes, but can irritate the skin. Ideally, you should be accompanied by a specialist to use this substance.
- Sun protection : protect the skin from the effects of UV rays.
You should also note if the wrinkle cream of your choice contains preservatives that can irritate your skin.
Experts recommend that you choose hypoallergenic products; non-comedogenic or non-acnegenic (which prevent acne); and without parabens (substance that causes skin irritation).
Did you know that neurotoxin cream, like Argireline, is not considered a wrinkle treatment cream?
Creams with this substance have a paralyzing action, known as the “cinderella” effect. They prevent the muscle from contracting the face and may even improve the appearance of wrinkles at first.
But the effect lasts a maximum of six hours and, in the long run, ends up leaving the skin more flabby.
best anti aging cream
best wrinkle cream for men
best cream for deep wrinkles
what is the best wrinkle cream that works
best anti aging cream for 30s
best anti wrinkle cream consumer reports
best anti aging skin care products for 40s
anti wrinkle cream that really works
What is the best wrinkle cream that works?
Can creams really remove wrinkles?
What really works to get rid of wrinkles?
What is the best thing to reduce wrinkles?
How do I get rid of deep wrinkles around my mouth?
How can I get rid of wrinkles on my face fast?
At what age do you start looking old?
Is Vaseline good for wrinkles?
What is the best face cream for over 60?
What is the best homemade wrinkle remover?
What is the best non surgical treatment for wrinkles?
Does coconut oil help wrinkles?