Asics sneakers: which are the best of 2021?
Today we are going to talk about Asics tennis. One of the top brands when considering running shoes, Asics has as its main characteristic the high investment in technology.
With options for all types of goals and sports, we will show in this article what are the criteria that you must meet before buying the ideal Asics sneakers.
First, the most important
- Asics running shoes are the runners’ favorite, as they mainly feature high-tech cushioning.
- But it is also possible to choose the ideal Asics sneakers for both day-to-day use and for practicing other types of sports.
- To help you choose the ideal pair, we will explain what are the exclusive technologies of Asics and the different models of sneakers available in the market.
You may also like:
- Sports shoes: How to choose the best in 2021?
- Women’s running shoes: How to choose the best in 2021?
- Crossfit Tennis: How to choose the best in 2021?
Best Asics sneakers: The ideal for every situation
A quality sneaker can be used in the most diverse situations. But not always the most technological and most expensive will be right for you. For this reason, we have selected the best Asics shoes for different situations, according to consumer testimonials. Look:
- The best Asics running shoes
- The ideal option for training and gym
- The most versatile Asics sneaker ever
- The right choice for urban everyday life
To choose the right shoe for you you need to consider your purpose of use, your budget and, of course, the model that will guarantee you not only efficiency but also comfort.
To help you with this choice, we have created this Buying Guide. Here you will find the main information about Asics tennis.
When and how did Asics tennis come about?
The history of Asics tennis starts in 1949 when Japanese Kihachiro Onitsuka founded a sports shoe company under the name Onitsuka Co., in which he produced basketball shoes.
Over the years, the company diversified the catalog and strengthened its relationship with athletics, volleyball and long runs. So much so that, in the early 1970s, about 70% of the world’s leading runners wore Japanese brand sneakers.
In 1977, the brand introduced its sneakers to the North American market, then gaining worldwide visibility and also the current name, Asics. Asics is the acronym for the Latin expression ‘Anima Sana In Corpore Sano’, which means “Healthy mind, healthy body”.
Since then, Asics has established itself as one of the best brands of sports products, with a focus on running shoes. Today the brand is present in more than 100 countries.
The great success of Asics sneakers was due to the high investment in technology, so much so that there is even an exclusive research center of the brand for this.
But in addition to tennis, today Asics also manufactures sports clothing and accessories for basketball, volleyball, athletics, golf, football, martial arts and other sports.
In for example, the success is such that half of the production of Asics running shoes is already done here, while the other half is still imported from Asian countries.
What is the main difference of Asics shoes?
The main differential of Asics sneakers is in fact the cutting edge technology present in them. The history of the brand proves this.
In 1990, for example, Asics opened the Sport Science Research Institute in Kobe, Japan. It is at this institute that Asics develops technological innovations applied to its sneakers and footwear.
Did you know that among the athletes sponsored by Asics is the Adriano Bastos? Adriano is one of the biggest race winners in the country and the record holder for the Disney Marathon.
At the institute, scientists, athletes and coaches work together to create the sneakers that will guarantee the best performance.
To give you an idea, there is a 350 meter running track that reproduces different weather conditions, in addition to a basketball, volleyball court and many other test environments.
Because of this work, Asics shoes are a reference when it comes to impact absorption systems, excessive anti-pronation features, rubber soles and waterproof fabrics.
But one of the innovations that became the great differential of Asics shoes was the introduction of the Gel cushioning system.
This system, which is integrated in the region of the toes and heel, started to allow a better absorption of shock and impact, guaranteeing maximum cushioning and stability, especially in running.
What are the most current technologies present in Asics shoes?
In addition to the Gel system, which is the most famous technology present in Asics shoes, there are several others that are applied aiming at maximum comfort and better performance for athletes.
These technologies tend to vary depending on the model and purpose of tennis, according to the sport, for example.
But for you to know the main ones, we will explain below the characteristics of the most current technologies developed today by Asics. Look:
- Boa system closure : Mooring system that allows adjustment of the laces with just one hand, to ensure perfect tension and more stability.
- Flytefoam : Technology that uses organic fibers, making the midsole 55% lighter and more resistant.
- AHAR : Super light and resistant rubber sole, located in the areas of greatest wear of the sole.
- Fluidfit : Stretch fabric applied to the upper that molds to the feet, offering more comfort.
- Guidance line : Vertical channel on the sole, which allows to guide the direction of the strides, distributing the impact evenly and providing greater efficiency.
- Impact Guidance System (IGS) : Technology that guides the natural movement of the foot, from ankle contact to propulsion.
- Solyte : Midsole whose material is 50% lighter than EVA, ensuring more cushioning, better propulsion and high durability.
- Speva : EVA midsole with molecular formulation, which returns to its original state shortly after impact.
- Trusstic system : System that reduces the weight of the sole and ensures stability.
- Fluidride : Double layer of midsole, one more rigid for stability, and another soft for more comfort and cushioning.
Asics sneakers: why is this shoe a reference in running sports?
Although it offers models for all types of sports, Asics is in fact specialized in running shoes, both for professionals and amateurs.
And if you are a fan of running sports, you know that good tennis is indispensable for running success.
After all, the wrong or low quality sneakers, instead of helping, can hinder your performance and still cause damage to your health.
With the high investment in tests and studies of the Asics team, nowadays the brand has the most advanced features for this high performance sports sector.
To prove that it is always at the forefront of the running segment, in 2013 Asics presented a shoe that used colors to indicate the performance of runners.
The shoes changed color according to the athlete’s pace. The red color indicated an average speed of up to 10 km / h; yellow, between 10 and 15 km / h; and the green color appeared when the athlete reached speed above 15 km / h.
No wonder, currently the brand is considered the greatest authority when it comes to racing. Just look at the streets and parks to see that most runners wear Asics shoes.
How to know if Asics shoes are original?
Knowing whether Asics shoes is original is not always an easy task, since the design of the fake models is often very similar.
Therefore, the simplest way to check if the product is a replica or not is by price. If tennis is much cheaper, be wary.
In addition, when purchasing the product it is possible to check out the IGS, one of the technologies present in Asics shoes as we have already seen in this article.
The IGS consists of small blocks of gel that are on the sole, heel and other strategic regions. But when tennis is a replica, this gel has only an aesthetic effect and does not help guide the natural movement of the foot.
Another point that you can check is that the Asics shoe sole usually has the Guidance Line, which is the cut that goes through the sole.
This technology is not always present in fake Asics shoes and, when it is, it is also more decorative than functional.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of Asics sneakers?
The great advantage of Asics sneakers is the high technology applied both to ensure comfort and efficiency in sports.
In addition, you can find the right Asics sneaker model for any purpose or situation, including casual wear. Not to mention that the brand offers men’s, women’s and children’s sneakers.
Another advantage is that even the cheapest sneakers offer quality and strength.
However, like every product, Asics shoes also have some disadvantages. These sneakers are not free from manufacturing defects, especially if we consider models.
In other words, another disadvantage of Asics shoes is that the most current and top-of-the-line models are still imported. Still, customer service is one of the brand’s strengths.
The following are the main advantages and disadvantages of Asics shoes:
How much does it cost and where to buy Asics sneakers?
The price of Asics sneakers varies depending on the model and the technologies of each one. Therefore, Asics shoes can cost between R $ 170 and R $ 1,000.
In addition, you can buy Asics sneakers at any sporting goods store, in addition to department stores.
But we recommend that you buy your sneakers at online stores, such as Amazon. Thus, you will be able to choose from more model options from the comfort of your home.
Purchasing criteria: How to choose the right Asics shoe for you
Before buying a sneaker we recommend that you prioritize the best according to your type of step and purpose of use. But not only that.
Below you can see what are the main factors that should be considered before purchasing Asics shoes. Look:
- Sporty or casual
- Damping type
- Short or high barrel
- Male, female and child
In the next lines we explain how to analyze each of these criteria.
Sporty or casual
Asics offers several models that can be used in sports or casual.
If your goal is to buy sports shoes, stay tuned to the category, as the models are created specifically for each type of sport.
For example, Asics Gel Nimbus is a favorite of runners for training and racing, since cushioning is the strong point of this shoe.
But if you are looking for Asics shoes for trails and off-road adventures, models like the Asics Gel Fuji Racer are ideal because they are lightweight and have high laces on the sole.
On the other hand, if you choose casual Asics shoes, you can choose from a good variety of designs and colors, from the most stripped down to the classics, with the three crisscross lines.
Not to mention the models in collaboration with artists, made in canvas, leather or suede. It is worth mentioning that casual sneakers are under the tutelage of other brands that belong to Asics, such as Onitsuka Tiger.
If you want maximum performance and comfort it is also essential to consider the cushioning type of Asics shoes. The brand has four categories, see the characteristics of each:
- Cushioning : The shoes in this category, also called Premium, are indicated for beginner runners or for those who seek maximum cushioning, in daily, long and long distance training.
- Stable cushioning : This Asics sneaker category also features stability control systems. Here, sneakers have a midsole with two types of density, one more firm in the midfoot region.
- Intermediate : Asics mid-cushioning sneakers are ideal for those looking for a firmer model, as they are suitable for daily training, medium and long distance running.
- Performance : Here you will find models for those who have more experience in running, since the shoes in this category are lighter and of a lower profile and suitable for rhythm training, fast and medium distance races.
- Competition : Asics competition shoes have a lower midsole and minimal cushioning. Therefore, they are recommended for experienced runners who are already used to light and firm sneakers.
Short or high barrel
Another factor that you should consider before buying Asics shoes is the type of leather, more specifically the height of the upper. This factor can influence not only your comfort, but also the style created.
The high-top Asics can be used in basketball and in fights.
For example, the high-top Asics can be used in basketball and in fights, to ensure greater stability to the ankle, or to create a more modern and stripped-down style.
However, most Asics tennis models geared towards the practice of sports are short-toed, which are ideal for training, gym and running.
In addition to choosing between the short or tall pipe, also observe the material of manufacture of the leather, which must be comfortable and practical.
The most current material is Mesh, which is a type of polyester mesh with open wefts, which ensures lightness, flexibility and greater internal ventilation for the feet.
Male, female and child
Finally, it is worth noting that Asics offers sneakers for the whole family. That is, you can find Asics sneakers for men, women and children.
All Asics shoes feature high technology and quality materials, which guarantee comfort and durability. However, depending on the category, you may find different colors and designs.
Of course, in this case, it is also essential to pay attention to the numbering of the shoes to guarantee the comfort and efficiency of the shoes.
In the case of children’s shoes, Asics offers models according to the age group. Look:
- Maternal : 1 to 3 years
- Children : from 4 to 6 years
- Children and adolescents : from 7 to 12 years