CBD: How to choose the best cannabidiol-based supplement in 2022
Cannabidiol is one of the substances found in Cannabis Sativa. Also called CBD, this substance has numerous therapeutic properties, does not produce a psychoactive effect and does not cause chemical dependency.
However, the use of CBD for medicinal purposes still raises many doubts among as many people associate Cannabidiol with marijuana. To learn about the properties and benefits of this substance, read on!
First, the most important
- Cannabidiol is a therapeutic substance with no psychoactive or addictive effect. Used only for medicinal purposes, this substance is an alternative in the treatment of numerous diseases.
- The therapeutic properties of CBD are assimilated by the body because this cannabinoid activates receptors located in the nervous and immune systems, providing good response in physiological processes.
- You can find numerous products based on Cannabidiol. Generally, these products are marketed in the following presentations: concentrated oil, liquid capsules, gummy candies, dermocosmetics, among others.
- You can only buy CBD-based products with a prescription. If you want to buy a product with a concentration below 0.2% THC you need a B1 type recipe. To buy products with a concentration greater than 0.2% THC you need a type A recipe.
You may also like :
- Multivitamin: How to choose the best in 2022
- Vitamin B12: How to choose the best in 2022
- Tea tree oil: How to choose the best essential oil in 2022
The best CBD-based products: Our recommendations
Finding CBD-based supplements, drugs and dermocosmetics pharmacies is still a challenge. Therefore, we recommend that you buy imported products, such as those listed below:
- CBD in capsules
- CBD in oil
- A CBD-based dermocosmetic
- The best dermocosmetic to hydrate the skin
In Cannabis Sativa, we find a substance called Cannabidiol, which due to numerous medicinal properties, has come to be used in the treatment of numerous chronic, autoimmune, mental or psychic diseases.
But after all what is CBD and what are its health benefits? Does the use of this substance cause chemical dependency? Can I buy Cannabidiol-based products? We have prepared a Buying Guide with everything you need to know about the subject.
What is Cannabidiol?
First, you must understand the difference between hemp and marijuana. Both are plants of the Cannabis Sativa species, but they are varieties and must be understood as distinct plants.
In practice, hemp is grown by seeds, fibers and stems. Through the stem the fibers are obtained, this plant has few branches and the leaves are more elongated.
Marijuana is grown mainly to obtain THC, Tetrahydrocannabinol, a substance known for its psychoactive properties. While marijuana has about 5% THC, hemp has a maximum of 0.3% THC.
The effects of these substances are completely different. Cannabidiol has no psychoactive effect, so it does not affect motor activity, memory, body temperature or appetite, while THC is responsible for the “high” of marijuana. ( 6 )
What are the medicinal properties of Cannabidiol?
Cannabidiol is a prominent cannabinoid compound with numerous therapeutic benefits. We have listed the main medicinal properties of this substance in the list below:
- Anticonvulsant effect. It is one of the most popular properties of CBD. Numerous scientific studies conducted in the last 20 years have reported that Cannabidiol reduces the frequency of seizures in epileptic patients.
- Neuroprotective effect. It makes cannabidiol-based drugs efficient in the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Multiple Sclerosis, Glutamate Excitoxity, Neurodegeneration caused by the abuse of alcoholic beverages and sequelae of Stroke.
- Anti-inflammatory effect. It is responsible for reducing inflammation and pain caused by inflammatory diseases such as arthritis. Some research indicates that CBD also protects joints.
- Antitumor effect. In addition to the use of cannabidiol being associated with the mitigation of the effects of chemotherapy such as reduced nausea, pain and fatigue and increased appetite, numerous studies have observed reduced cell viability, death of cancer cells, reduced tumor growth and inhibition of metastasis. However, these studies were applied only to animal species.
- Anxiolytic effect. It is observed in patients with different diseases caused by anxiety. The substance demonstrates effectiveness in the treatment of post-traumatic stress, as it induces forgetfulness of traumatic memories.
Other studies have identified that CBD also has analgesic, antidepressant, antipsychotic, antispasmodic and immunosuppressive effects. ( 3 ) ( 5 ) ( 7 )
How are CBD properties assimilated by the body?
CBD is one of the cannabinoids that stimulate the activity of the Endocabinoid System or ECS. Cannabidiol interacts with two receptors: CB1 or CB2. CB1 receptors are located in the brain and nervous system, while CB2 receptors are specific to the immune system.
The effects vary according to the interaction between these receptors. The Endocabinoid System influences some physiological processes such as memory, appetite, pain, body temperature, allergic and immunological reactions, among others. ( 1 )
What diseases can be treated with CBD?
The CBD molecule was first isolated in 1940 by Israeli scientist Raphael Mechoulam, considered the father of cannabinoid medicine, who identified in the molecule the potential to treat epilepsy attacks. Cannabidiol is currently associated with the treatment of other diseases:
- Conditions linked to the autistic spectrum
- Neuropathic diseases
- Anxiety-related illnesses like Social Phobia
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Multiple sclerosis
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Parkinson’s disease
- Chemical dependency – mainly crack addiction.
- Chronic Migraine
- Sequelae of Stroke
- Joint diseases
- Effects of chemotherapy
It is important to mention that there is a lack of studies that prove the effectiveness of the substance in the treatment of these diseases and complications. Although the studies demonstrate benefits, these surveys were conducted with small sampling and require further testing. ( 2 )
Can children consume CBD-based products?
With an adequate dosage, children can also benefit from the therapeutic effects of CBD, especially in relation to the relief of pain, inflammation, anxiety, insomnia or excessive stress.
Consider using this substance in the treatment of epilepsy, autism, asthma, anxiety, insomnia, skin problems and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
But stay tuned and buy a supplement based on CBD and THC free – otherwise your child will experience psychoactive reaction. We suggest buying the supplement in concentrated oil or jelly beans.
For the treatment of children and adolescents with epilepsy, the Federal Council of Medicine (CFM) has authorized the use of CBD-based drugs since 2014. The drug is able to reduce seizures in patients with severe epilepsy or eliminate episodes completely. Thus, there is a reduction in the use of traditional anticonvulsants.
For children who are suffering from Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD), the use of the substance helps to reduce anxiety, irritability, insomnia and aggression, increasing children’s quality of life.
But be aware of the recommended daily dose according to the child’s weight and the strength of the treatment – for children, the treatment should be of low or medium strength, never high. Know:
Cannabidiol has a psychoactive effect?
Cannabidiol is a substance that generates much controversy, after all, it is obtained through Cannabis Sativa, known as marijuana. This fact leads many people to ask themselves: Does CBD have narcotic effects?
As we mentioned earlier, cannabidiol is just one of the more than 100 substances extracted from the herb, and that substance has no psychoactive effects, that is, it does not give “cheap”.
However, if you buy a medicine or supplement with the cabinoid compound Delta-9-Tetrahydrocannabinol, known as THC, be aware of the concentration, as this compound has a psychoactive effect.
“The only way to combat prejudice is information. It is impossible to monitor and observe the improvement in the quality of life of patients and not to question how much society is losing with the current policy on Cannabis derivatives. See life returning to a disillusioned patient is incredible. ”
Is the sale of Cannabidiol-based products allowed?
The National Health Surveillance Agency (Anvisa) published, in December 2019, a resolution that authorized the production and commercialization of drugs and supplements based on Cannabis Sativa from March 2022.
These products can only be sold with a prescription.
This measure, valid for three years, is aimed at the sale of products for medicinal and cosmetic use, not recreational. Products can only be sold with a prescription and cannot be handled.
Professionals from any medical specialty can prescribe Cannabis-based products, as Anvisa does not evaluate professional practice, it is enough that the doctor has a valid CRM and the documentation is correct.
These products do not fall into the drug class, they are classified as a “Cannabis-based product”, as they must still pass technical-scientific tests that prove their effectiveness, safety and possible side effects.
According to Anvisa rules, the label must inform the concentration of the main compounds in the formula, the packaging must have a black stripe and must not mention terms such as “medicine”, “natural”, “supplement” or others, nor contain symbols or figures that may indicate a different purpose than their intended use. ( 4 )
Can a CBD-based product generate chemical dependency?
There is no evidence that CBD may cause chemical dependency. However, constant use and products with a higher THC concentration can generate chemical dependency.
For this reason, there is a strict control of medical prescription for the person to be able to buy a product based on Cannabis Sativa.
What are the aesthetic benefits of CBD?
Cannabidiol oil is widely used by the cosmetic industry in the manufacture of creams, lotions and ointments, as the substance has beneficial properties for the skin as an antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and anti-acne effect.
In addition, cannabidiol oil is rich in vitamins A, B, C and E. Discover all the benefits of these vitamins by reading the texts below:
Dermocosmetics enriched with CBD are used to treat acne, rosacea, fight expression lines and wrinkles.
Some studies show the effectiveness of CBD in the treatment of dermatitis, psoriasis and alopecia. By relieving itching and slowing inflammation, the substance reduces discomfort caused by these diseases.
Still to attenuate the inflammatory process, the active ingredient also inhibits post-inflammatory hyperpigmentations, that is, the spots generated by contact with the sun.
What are the side effects associated with Cannabidiol?
Another positive point of CBD is the side effects considered few and mild. We have listed the main side effects below:
- Pressure drop : High doses of CBD can lower blood pressure a few minutes after taking the medication or supplement. This side effect is the main cause of the momentary dizziness.
- Drowsiness : Although it is considered a substance that induces wakefulness, when administered in high doses, it can cause the opposite effect, inducing drowsiness. We do not recommend that you drive or operate machinery after ingesting high doses of CBD.
- Dry mouth : The salivary glands are affected by the use of the medication or supplement based on Cannabis Sativa, which causes a drop in saliva production and a feeling of dry mouth.
Before starting treatment with a cannabidiol-based medication or supplement, see a doctor. It is essential to inform you about any medication you are taking to avoid drug interactions.
How to buy CBD-based products?
To buy CBD-based products you need a prescription or medical report. Since the beginning of 2022 it is possible to find drugs and supplements based on this substance pharmacies, even though the product is not easily found.
The process is still very bureaucratic.
If you want, you can also import the CBD for medical use. But be aware that the process is bureaucratic, as you need to enter the Anvisa website, register an individual and attach a series of documents.
One of these documents is the medical prescription that must contain the patient’s name, commercial name of the product to be imported, dosage, quantity required for the treatment of one year, date, signature, stamp and medical record number.
After the registration is approved by Anvisa, the import can be carried out by express shipment, import licensing registration or accompanied baggage. Anvisa’s prescription and authorization is required.
Purchase criteria: How to find the best product based on Cannabidiol
One of the recurring questions among those learning about Cannabidiol’s properties and benefits is how to choose the best CBD-based product. Simple, just follow the purchase criteria listed below:
- Raw material
- CBD concentration
We will detail each of the criteria throughout this section. With these tips, you will find a high quality product that will benefit your body.
When buying a CBD-based product, make sure you are buying an organic product and extracted from the hemp plant. Remember that the substance does not have a significant amount of THC, so its medicinal use is safer.
The raw material must be extracted in a safe and efficient process, to avoid the loss of important substances such as cannabidiol, terpenes, flavonoids and phenols.
You can find CBD-based products in several presentations, the most popular being concentrated oil and capsules.
When extracting Cannabidiol from the Cannabis Sativa plant, one acquires an oil rich in cannabinoids with varying concentrations – it depends on the origin of the raw material, extraction and storage process.
Generally, concentrated oil is infused with an edible oil such as coconut oil, cereals or hemp seed. You find three types of CBD oils:
- Pure CBD oil is produced from a cannabidiol isolate infused with edible oil.
- Full spectrum oil is rich in CBD, but contains other cannabinoids and plant compounds.
- Broad spectrum oil is derived from hemp extract rich in cannabidiol and other cannabinoids, but free of THC.
Regardless of the type, CBD oil can have a mild taste or a strong taste. Those who don’t like the natural flavor of the oil, can choose a flavored variation or add a few drops of the oil to a favorite drink.
As advantages of this presentation, we must mention the long validity period, possibility of adjusting the dose with precision, economy, versatility of use and possibility of mixing with other ingredients.
Another possibility is to consume CBD capsules with powder or oil extract. These capsules are vegan, free of preservatives, dyes or gluten.
In addition to being the best choice for those who don’t like the taste or smell of hemp oil, the supplement in capsules is practical to consume. But be aware, when in capsules, this supplement has a pre-established dose that may be lower or higher than your need.
You can also find CBD-based products in other presentations such as topical cream, ointment, suppository, vaporizer oil, vaporizer pen, syrup or gum.
The concentration of CBD in a product based on Cannabis Sativa is known as potency and expressed as a percentage of milligrams of Cannabidiol per gram of Cannabis. It is important to remember that the THC concentration should not exceed 0.2%.
For example, 12% CBD indicates a 120mg concentration for every 1g of Cannabis. The concentration varies between 2%, 5%, 10%, 12%, 15% or 20%. A higher concentration does not indicate a better product, as the concentration must be proportional to the weight of the person who is ingesting the product and the desired strength, as shown in the table below:
The concentration of these assets must be stated on the product label. A good label must also inform the product quantity, date of manufacture and production number, information that allows for subsequent quality control.
We researched the prices of CBD-based products from the importer HempMeds so you can get a sense of how much you should invest in a quality product.
The syringe containing 10 to 15 ml of the concentrated oil costs from $ 139 to $ 329. A bottle with 120ml of concentrated oil costs between $ 89 to $ 119 while a bottle with 240ml costs about $ 259. The capsule version costs between $ 109 to $ 129.
This site in particular only offers the purchase in dollars, others offer the product in euros. The amounts converted into reais depend on the exchange rates at the time of purchase, for this reason we do not mention approximate amounts.
best cbd products for anxiety
best cbd oil
best cbd oil for pain amazon
best cbd oil for anxiety and sleep usa
cbd pills for pain
best cbd gummies