Chimarrao pump: How to choose the best one in 2021?
you have certainly tried a good mate. There’s no way to resist, right? But to take, it is essential to have a chimarrão bomb handy.
The chimarrão pump appeared to facilitate the preparation and consumption of the drink. More than a straw, it is super useful to maintain the quality of the chimarrão and prevent the herb from going up through the tube.
To purchase yours, you will have to take some factors into consideration, such as the type of material, accessories and practicality. Here, we will clarify everything about this essential object for those who love chimarrão.
First, the most important
- Chimarrão is one of the most common drinks in the south of the country and the pump is an essential item in the process. It usually lasts for several years if taken care of.
- Always buy chimarrão pumps made of great materials. Stainless steel, for example, is stainless. Gold and silver act against microorganisms, protecting your health.
- Proper hygiene of your chimarrão pump is essential. When possible, choose models that come with the cleaning brush.
You may also like:
- Cuia: How to choose the best model in 2021?
- Thermos: How to choose the best model for 2021?
- Electric jug: Find out which are the best of 2021
Ranking: The 3 best chimarrão pumps
There are several options of chimarrão pumps available in stores, those in stainless steel, those bathed in another, those that come or not with a cleaning brush, among others. These models are the best and most popular with consumers.
Is a stainless steel chimarrão pump enough? Or do you need to buy a gold-plated one? Is the cleaning brush really necessary? Removable or non-removable bowl? We will answer all your questions about the chimarrão pump here, in this Buying Guide!
What a chimarrão bomb?
Chimarrão is a very common drink, especially in the southern region. In addition to being very tasty, it offers several benefits, such as helping in the functioning of the intestine, benefiting the kidneys, eliminating swelling in the body, stimulating physical and mental activities, assisting in cell regeneration, offering vitamins and minerals such as calcium, iron and potassium, among many others.
In the past, chimarrão was consumed straight from the container. However, to facilitate its preparation, the chimarrão bomb appeared. It was created both for use in preparation and for consumption.
Chimarrão pumps are nothing more than a straw that has a filter on the tip, preventing the herb from leaving the bowl. Thus, you can consume your chimarrão with more ease and tranquility.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of the chimarrão pump?
As we mentioned above, a chimarrão pump prevents the herb from leaving the bowl and reaching the mouth of those who are drinking the hot drink. The pump also plays an important role in the preparation of chimarrão, as it must be buried in the herb (with the mouthpiece closed) before consuming the drink.
The material of the chimarrão pump is also important because the noble metals prevent the corrosion of the object, maintaining its integrity. Always prefer pumps of good materials. Silver and gold pumps, for example, are germicidal and bactericidal, offering more health for those who drink mate.
In addition, most models are very affordable. You can even find gold-plated bombs that fit in your pocket and last for many years. Some models, however, can oxidize easily, so always prefer quality pumps.
How to prepare a good mate?
Taking chimarrão is not just any activity, but a kind of ritual. There are some customs that can never be thwarted. The most traditional of them says that the matador – the person who prepares the drink – should be the first to drink, as a sign of politeness, since the first dose is the most bitter.
In addition, it is the matador who holds the bottle with hot water to supply the gourd. Another tradition says that it is impolite to accept a gourd of chimarrão and not take it until the end. Traditions aside, to prepare a good mate, it is necessary to follow the following steps:
- Place the mate in the bowl, covering about two-thirds of the container.
- Close the mouth of the bowl with your hand and tilt it so that the herb is on one side only, leaving the other side empty.
- Tap with your fingertips on the outside of the bowl, on the side where the herb is. Thus, the finer powder goes to the bottom of the bowl.
- Return the bowl to the starting position. But be careful not to kill him.
- Put on warm water and wait to be absorbed.
- Then it’s time for hot water. Watch out, she can’t be boiling.
- Place the pump in the bowl, bury it in the grass, and keep your mouth closed with your finger.
- Add more water to the end of the process. When the chimarrão stops frothing, it will be time to change the herb.
How to clean the chimarrão pump?
Many people are not in the habit of cleaning their chimarrão pump frequently and in the right way. However, this can facilitate the proliferation of microorganisms and harm your health.
Some chimarrão pump models come with a cleaning brush. It facilitates a lot when cleaning, because it has the right size to be placed inside the straw and perform a complete cleaning.
However, in addition to the brush, there are other measures that need to be taken when cleaning your chimarrão pump. The first step is to remove the bowl and place it under running water, removing the grass residues.
Also, avoid using steel sponges for washing, as this can damage your pump. When cleaning the bowl, do not use the pump to remove the yerba mate.
What is the difference between chimarrão and tererê?
Chimarrão pumps, almost always, can also be used in the preparation and consumption of tererê, another common drink in the south of the country and in countries like Uruguay and Argentina. The main difference between the two drinks is in the temperature.
While chimarrão is, as we have already said, mate mixed in hot water, tererê is prepared with ice water, and often also with lemon. The pump, both in chimarrão and tererê, serves to filter the herb used in the infusion.
Chimarrão pumps usually have a very affordable price. From R $ 10 it is possible to find more basic models and simple materials.
However, it is always best to choose materials that do not corrode. If possible, choose stainless steel or gold or silver plated pumps, which usually cost between R $ 50 to R $ 80 and will last much longer.
If you are looking for a more sophisticated pump with excellent materials, it is possible to find options that reach R $ 600. Taking into account that the best pumps can last a lifetime, the investment may be worthwhile.
Where to buy?
On the internet, it is possible to find several online stores that sell chimarrão pump of various types and materials. Some examples are Amazon.
If you prefer to meet in person, it will be easy in states like the Rio Grande do Sul, for example, where even the markets usually sell. If you live in the North and want to try the drink, the ideal is to find a specialized store near you.
Purchasing criteria: Main features for evaluating a chimarrão pump
Knowing the best models, advantages and where to buy your chimarrão pump is essential, but there are still some things missing, such as the characteristics in which you should pay attention to choose your pump more assertively:
- Other facilities
Read on to learn more about each item.
There are chimarrão pumps made of different materials, but three of them stand out for their popularity: stainless steel, gold and silver. Know the difference between them:
- Stainless steel . Of the cheap options, stainless steel stands out. The pump made of this material usually has good durability and cost-effectiveness. They have anti-corrosion properties that protect the pump and make it last much longer.
- Gold . For those looking for elegance and style, the gold bomb fulfills the role very well. In addition to being super durable, they also have germicidal and bactericidal properties, offering greater health for you and your family. It is a little more expensive, but it is worth it for its durability and elegance.
- Silver . For those looking for elegance but do not want to invest in a gold bomb, the silver bomb is also a great option. It is also beneficial for health, eliminating bacteria, viruses and fungi.
The bowl is the round part that prevents the herbs from going up through the straw while you drink your mate. Some models have a screwable bowl, but in others, the bowl is coupled to the pump.
The screwable bowl facilitates the cleaning of the utensil, making it possible to clean the pieces separately. Generally, stainless steel models have this facility.
In other models, the bowl is fixed, which makes cleaning a little difficult. The ideal is to soak the chimarrão pump to ensure that it will be very clean for the next use.
The size of chimarrão pumps varies widely, as does the size of the gourds. People who usually consume chimarrão with family or friends, for example, usually have a larger bowl. In such cases, there is no point in buying a small bomb, as it will not do the job.
If you have a smaller bowl, just enough for one person or couple, a large pump is unnecessary, opt for a more compact model.
The size of your pump is directly linked to the size of the bowl and how you usually consume the product, alone or in groups.
Some chimarrão pumps, especially of more refined materials, tend not to have so many extra facilities.
Other models, on the other hand, provide some properties that facilitate, especially, their cleaning. Some pumps, for example, are demountable. This makes them much easier to sanitize.
Other pumps can come with the sanitizing brush, which you can pass through the straw, ensuring complete cleaning. Take this into account when purchasing your model.