Drop-down folder: How to choose the best one in 2022?
Need to put files and that paperwork in order? This article is for you! Today we will help you choose the hanging folder, to end the clutter of your papers at once.
Extremely practical and accessible, the hanging folders have a somewhat formal look, which refers to offices and large filing cabinets. However, its use can be very well used at home, for work, studies and daily documentation, with the aid of drawers or simple file boxes.
Follow us on this reading and check out the best product options, in addition to the features you should pay attention to in order to make the best choice of drop-down folder for your files.
First, the most important
- The market offers a multitude of suspended folder models, from the simplest to the most sophisticated, with different colors and models. Choose based on the purpose of use, product design and desired size.
- Model, size, material and details are some characteristics to be considered when purchasing.
- There is a lot of price variation for the product, depending on the brand and model. You can find simple versions for less than R $ 1, the more sophisticated ones can cost more than R $ 30.
You may also like:
- Agenda: How to choose the best in 2022
- Office chair: Which are the best in 2022?
- Office trash: What is the best choice in 2022?
Best Hanging Folders: Our Favorites
Even with the advancement of technology and digital storage, dealing with a large amount of paper is still a reality for many, whether in the executive branch, self-employed professional, home user or academic. To keep these files organized and stored properly, hanging folders are the ideal solution. Check out the most interesting models of the product for sale in Brazil.
- Hanging Folder with Rail Clamp and Display – Yes
- Rigid Hanging Rigid Paste – Order Br
- Hanging Folder and Tip – Dello
So, did you like our ranking? So let’s go ahead in the search for the ideal folder, since the product is a staple item in your file. Available in several options of sizes and formats, colors, and materials, the hanging folder, in addition to being practical and functional, helps to make papers easier to find.
Check out our Purchasing Guide, where we will help you identify the version of this product that best meets your needs.
What is a hanging folder?
The hanging folder is a type of folder with a rod and side flaps used to store documents in files and cabinets. The rods fit into the structures of the drawers or boxes to store this type of folder, making them stay suspended and can run along the rails to make it easier for users to locate.
This type of folder usually has a central hole, which works both as a viewing area for the contents of the folder and as a system for air circulation within the file. It also has a display to insert labels or other elements to identify the content.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of the hanging folder?
The main advantage of using a hanging folder is that it saves space for archiving documents over other archiving methods. Accessible and easy to organize, they can be used in different ways and for different purposes, according to the user’s goals and needs.
Using hanging folders to segment your documents and files, it is much easier to find and keep your papers, documents and photos in order. However, storage must be done properly. Use the appropriate folder for each type of document, and store correctly in the files intended for this type of folder.
How do I organize my hanging folders?
That the suspended folder is a great ally in the organization has already become clear. However, there are some tips that can further optimize your archiving scheme using the product. Check out:
- Determine the files where the hanging folders will be stored. Choose according to the size of the drawer, box, cupboard, etc .;
- Determine the form of segmentation: you can choose to sort by color or use labels and displays or a combination of the two;
- To further detail the segmentation of themes or types of documents, use accessories such as subfolders or plastic partitions;
- Arrange folders in alphabetical, chronological or other categorization of your choice. After all, there is no point in separating files if they are not easily located;
- Avoid leaving folders in empty files. The vacant space will not provide the necessary support for the archived sheets, which over time may move out of place and accumulate at the bottom of the folder, causing wrinkles and folds;
- Always have extra folders at your disposal, so you can make additions to the file whenever necessary, avoiding accumulation;
- In the case of bulky files that must not be separated, choose models with a spine or purchase accessories that increase the storage capacity of the hanging folder;
- Review your files when they are very bulky or every 6 months. Most documents (receipts, bills, vouchers) do not need to be stored for more than 5 years.
Check out more tips on how to use the drop-down folder:
It is possible to find hanging folders on the market with wide variation in price. The values change according to the brand of the product, model and material of manufacture, among other variables.
The more basic the hanging folder, the lower the price. There are models for more than R $ 50, but you can also find simpler types for less than R $ 1.
Evaluate the prices of the chosen model in the different brands available in the market to ensure that you make a purchase with the best cost benefit.
Where to buy?
You can buy your hanging folder at physical stores that sell office supplies and stationery. It is also possible to find the product in supermarkets. and models it will be in online stores, such as Amazon.com.
Purchasing criteria: Factors for comparing the different hanging folder models
After so much cool information, are you already feeling like an expert in organizing and using hanging files? But before you decide on your favorite model, check out some more product features that will help you compare options and choose the best possible version:
- Bag material
Below we will detail each of these particularities, so that there are no doubts when choosing:
Although hanging folder is already a specific type of folder, there are subcategories of this product. Are they:
- With dividers : Combination of suspended and accordion pulp, expands the pulp’s storage capacity and the possibility of segmentation;
- With clip : Ideal for fixed files, keeps documents safe by clip, preventing them from going out of order or being lost;
- Wide : With spine, it has greater storage capacity, making it ideal for bulky files that cannot be broken apart;
- Rigid : Made of rigid material, it is ideal to ensure greater protection for documents.
Check out the video of the channel “The organizer” plus some different models of hanging folder and their functions:
The standard model for hanging folders is the one with side flaps for attaching to drawers, files and boxes. However, there is a variation, designed to optimize space and use in very large files. These are pendulum folders, which have a fitting system similar to hangers at the top.
The pendulum folders can be hung on rods, which allows storage at greater heights, since the model allows the frontal view of the identifications and dispenses with the traditional drawers, which after a certain time start to lose their functionality, requiring stairs to use.
The bag is the part of the folder that holds the documents themselves, and that has direct contact with the documents. It can be made of paper, plastic or acrylic, depending on the model chosen. Before choosing the material of the folder, check if the document it will file has any special conservation needs.
Photographs and receipts, for example, are sensitive materials, and require care with light, temperature variations, dust, among other external elements to maintain their integrity. For these cases, choose pastes made of paper, preferably those of neutral pH, which will be less aggressive to sensitive materials.
Hanging folders are generally available in some size patterns, the most popular being A4 (33 x 24 cm), legal (36 x 24 cm) and letter (28 x21). However, the measurements may vary according to the brand and model chosen.Regardless of the size of your preference, always pay attention to the measurements of the hanging pulp rod. They must be compatible with the file in which the folder will be used.