Garmin Watch: How to choose the best to play sports in 2022?
The race has won more and more fans. This awakening to physical exercise makes people look for equipment to help improve their performance. And in the racing universe the Garmin watch is one of them. That’s what we’re going to talk about in today’s article.
If you’ve chosen the Garmin brand, but you’re still not sure which model is best for your needs, you’re in the right place. We will show you the best watches on the market, in addition to providing a Buy Guide filled with information that will help you in your choice.
First, the most important
- Running is a very beneficial practice for health, reduces body weight, increases cardiorespiratory capacity and also reduces the risk of heart attack. But it’s not just for running that you can have a Garmin watch. Lovers of any sport can benefit from its functionality.
- With a Garmin watch it is possible to monitor heart rate, distance traveled, set training goals, listen to music while running, among others.
- Buying a Garmin watch is a high investment, but it is very worthwhile to improve its performance.
You may also like:
- Sports shoes: How to choose the best in 2022?
- Running socks: How to choose the best one in 2022?
- Headset for racing: See the best of 2022?
Best Garmin watches: The newsroom favorites
It may be that you are just starting out in the world of running and already want to use the best equipment, or maybe you are an old runner who believes he already deserves to invest more in his training. For both situations, the Garmin watch is the ideal option. Check out the best models:
- One of the most complete watches of the brand
- One of the best selling models
- Cost-effective Garmin Watch
Certain devices help a lot in the performance of athletes. Measuring some data brings awareness to the practice, serves as a source of motivation and even helps in setting new goals. Whether you’re a runner, cyclist or swimmer, the Garmin watch can be your best friend.
Curious to know more about the brand? Continue reading this Buying Guide to learn more about Garmin watch models and make the right choice.
What is the best selling Garmin watch?
The Garmin watch is also called a heart rate monitor, this is how the brand presents its models. If you are already part of the sports universe, especially racing, you should already know that Garmin is one of the market leaders in this segment.
There are countless models that fit many profiles, and pockets, of course. You should already know that investing in a Garmin watch is not cheap, even with options that exceed R $ 6,000.
The Forerunner 235 measures your heart rate 24 hours a day.
For this reason, the Forerunner 235 ends up being one of the best sellers. With intermediate investment, it is an excellent alternative for those looking for quality without buying the most expensive brand.
The Forerunner 235 has an optical sensor that measures your heart rate 24 hours a day, so you can run without the use of a belt. You can see the beats per minute in real time. It even monitors distance, pace and time. But it doesn’t end there. You can still know the amount of daily steps, walking distance in the total day, calories expended and sleep control.
What are the functions of a Garmin watch?
This will basically depend on the model in question. Each Garmin watch has different features that make it more or less complete.
The brand bets on watches that are useful in sports such as golf, swimming, walking, cycling and running. There are models that are suitable for all modalities, others that may have specific functions for the practice in question.
Below we list some features of a Garmin watch, but we emphasize that you always read the description of the model you want to ensure that it has the points you are looking for.
- Heart rate monitor: So you can measure your heart rate, being able to view it in real time while you exercise. Some models require the use of a strap, others do so only by the wrist.
- GPS: Measures the distance and the route traveled.
- Forecast of completion: This function makes an average calculation of the time that it will take you to finish your activity.
- Music: With this function you can run free from your phone. Having a Bluetooth headset you can connect it directly with your Garmin watch.
- Maximum VO2: A slightly more advanced function, for those who like a complete and detailed monitoring of the race. She estimates the maximum oxygen volume during training. Important for professional runners.
- Step count: The Garmin watch is not only useful while exercising, with this function you will know how many steps you have taken in the day, and can set new goals for walking more.
- Sleep monitor: Measures the total sleep time, indicating the duration of movements and rest periods.
- Multisport function: If you are a triathlete, or practice different modalities, there is a specific function to observe. Make sure the Garmin watch you want to buy has a multisport function. It is with it that you can switch from running to swimming, for example.
- Message and email notification: You can sync with your smartphone and receive an on-screen notification, notifying you when you receive an email or new message.
- Sharing with social networks: You can share your workouts on social networks directly from your Garmin watch.
Agenda and weather forecast: For those who don’t take their Garmin off the wrist, these day-to-day features can be quite useful.
Check out the advantages of investing in a Garmin watch, and of course, its disadvantages in the table below.
What are the different types of Garmin watches?
Garmin has many lines of heart rate monitors. The most famous and complete of them is the Forerunner, with several models. In addition to this, on the official website of the brand you can also find the Fênix, Descent and Instinct lines, which have very high prices. Another one that is also well known is Vivoactive.
It would be impossible to list all models of the brand, so let’s compare three models from the Forerunner line that have different features and price ranges.
What are the benefits of running and how can a Garmin watch help me?
Running is the sport of the day. It is increasingly common to see that your friend or neighbor who did not move trying to start in this sport.
Some even say that the race became fashionable, and good if it was. A fashion that never ends. That’s because running has so many benefits, that everyone should really try it.
Check out seven benefits to start running today:
- Assists in weight loss;
- Increases cardiorespiratory capacity;
- Reduces heart problems by activating the bloodstream;
- Increases physical fitness;
- Improves sleep quality;
- It brings well-being and increases self-esteem;
- Reduces stress and helps fight depression.
Now that you’ve decided to start running – or improve your performance – you may be wondering how a Garmin watch can help you practice this sport.
After this complete Buying Guide it was already quite clear that Garmin’s only disadvantage is in its price. Besides, this cardiac monitor has only benefits.
By making the best monitoring of your runs, you can measure your results and plot new metrics. Imagine that today you run 3km in 25 minutes. With a Garmin watch you can change that result by trying to lower that time.
In addition, you can monitor your running in real time, analyzing your heart rate and trying to control to stay within the ideal range.
Even calculating calories during practice is possible. So you can associate your physical activity with your diet and get better results if your goal is weight loss.
“If you want to run, run a mile! If you want to experience another life, run a marathon!”
How much does it cost and where to buy a Garmin watch?
A Garmin watch is not a cheap investment. We show some models and prices in the section on watch types. You can find options from R $ 800 to R $ 6,800.
This variation is especially linked to its features, however, it is possible to buy a very complete Garmin watch with around R $ 1,500.
Find more models in online stores, such as Amazon or Americanas. Sports stores in your city may also offer some options. Remember that the best prices and promotions you find on the internet.
Purchasing Criteria: How to choose a Garmin watch
After this complete guide, the desire to put a shoe on your foot and a Garmin watch on your wrist and run away is great. But for you to make the best choice, we want to present criteria so that you reflect better and take the ideal model to the home. Check out:
- Purpose of use
Check out each one in detail below.
Purpose of use
Do you want to run, practice triathlon, swimming or cycling? Start by defining your sport. It was clear that some watches can be used in different sports and others are very specific.
An essential function for those who do more than one sport is multisport.
If you are a runner, it is easier to find an ideal model. If you are looking for a Garmin watch for cycling or swimming, research well and see if the model really helps in this modality. An essential function for those who do more than one sport is multisport, which allows them to change modes.
We have listed here in this article a number of features that you can find on a Garmin. Our tip is that you reflect which one really matters to you. The more functions, the more expensive the watch will be. So don’t pay more for something that won’t even be triggered.
The music function is very interesting, but it makes the Garmin watch quite expensive. If you’re looking to save money, it might be a good idea to have another device to listen to your favorite songs while you run.
This criterion is related to the battery life. Many models have two options, one in GPS enabled mode and the other when in smartwatch mode only.
Check this data and bet on models that are more autonomous. But keep in mind that if you run every day, it is common to need to recharge your watch daily.
A detail that can be quite important. There are very neutral watches that go great with any outfit. Others may have more striking colors to even change the bracelet.Some have a metallic finish, in silver or rosé, being the favorite of women. Elegance is not lacking in the Garmin watch models, it has an option for all styles.