Ray-Ban sunglasses: How to choose the best in 2022
Today we’re going to talk about a classic accessory that doesn’t go out of style: Ray-Ban sunglasses.
Eternalized by personalities and artists from all over the world, Ray-Ban sunglasses have been in fashion since the 1950s. And they reinvent themselves every day.
In the midst of so many different models, we will show in this article what you should take into account to choose and buy the right Ray-Ban for you.
First, the most important
- There are several models of Ray-Ban sunglasses: from the classic to the most modern.
- Over time, the brand has reinvented itself and today offers options with manufacturing materials, shapes and colors for all tastes and styles.
- It takes extra care not to purchase a counterfeit Ray-Ban and we will show you what to take into account to be on guard.
You may also like:
- Cheap sunglasses: How to choose the best in 2022?
- Men’s sunglasses: See the best 2022 models
- Sunscreen: How to choose the best in 2022
The Best Ray-Ban Sunglasses Models: Our Choices
Ray-Ban sunglasses are a consumer desire for people of different styles. Knowing this, the brand continues to invest in innovations without neglecting the traditional quality of decades. In the following, we will introduce you to the best and best selling types of Ray-Ban sunglasses.
- The most classic glasses model
- A basic model for everyday life
- Readers’ favorite
- The round and timeless
- The practical option for charging
The choice of Ray-Ban sunglasses should be based on your style and comfort. But there are other factors that can influence the purchase of the ideal glasses.
Therefore, we created this Buying Guide. Here you will have all the information so you can make the best decision when purchasing your Ray-Ban glasses.
What are Ray-Ban sunglasses?
Ray-Ban sunglasses are one of the best sellers worldwide, due to the style immortalized by personalities and artists and because of the quality.
Ray-Ban is a brand of sunglasses and prescription glasses founded in 1937 in the United States. The name Ray-Ban came up in reference to the term “banish the sun”.
That’s because, a few years earlier, the colonel of the United States Army Air Corps, John A. Macready, joined the company to create sunglasses that would lessen the distraction caused to pilots by the light of the sky.
Another concern of the colonel was with the shape of the glasses, since the model that the pilots used at the time fogged up and reduced visibility. Thus, the prototype created in 1936 became known as ‘Anti-Glare’ (anti-glare) and had a plastic frame and green lenses.
Three years later, these sunglasses were redesigned, given a metal frame, and were patented as Ray-Ban Aviator. Then came the traditional and most famous model of Ray-Ban sunglasses, used until today and which fell in popular taste after being used by personalities from all over the world.
The success of Ray-Ban sunglasses is such that the accessory made history in films and was used by artists like Elvis Presley and Madonna. Over time, the brand also inserted prescription glasses.
Since then, several other models have emerged dictating fashion trends and revolutionizing culture according to the time. Nowadays it is possible to find models with different frames, rods, types and colors of lenses.
In addition to the timeless models, Ray-Ban sunglasses have been consolidated in the market for the quality of the manufacturing materials and their durability.
What are the most famous lines of Ray-Ban sunglasses?
Ray-Ban has several models and lines of sunglasses. Over the decades, models have been divided according to shapes and sizes.
In the following, we will explain to you the main features of the best-selling Ray-Ban sunglasses models worldwide:
- Aviator : Ray-Ban Aviator sunglasses, the first to be created by the brand, are characterized by having large, slightly convex lenses. This model received interventions and, today, despite maintaining the original design, it can be found in different sizes, colors and materials.
- Wayfarer : Ray-Ban Wayfarer sunglasses were manufactured in 1956, inspired by Cadillacs with a fish tail. Therefore, they have a trapezoidal plastic frame. The retro-style Wayfarers gained popularity in the 1950s and 1960s, especially after being used by Audrey Hepburn in the movie Breakfast at Tiffany’s.
- Clubmaster : Clubmaster sunglasses are another classic of the brand, which came into fashion between 1950 and 1960. This model is formed by a frame at the top, similar to the shape of the eyebrow, with a square or round lens. In the 2000s, this model came back with a lighter design.
- Round : The Round line has Ray-Ban sunglasses with round lenses and superfine frames and rods. This model was widely used in the 1970s and remains in vogue until today as a timeless classic.
- Erika : Ray-Ban sunglasses from the Erika line were on the rise around 2010. With thin shafts and medium frame around the entire lens, this model has a rounded shape at the base.
What is the importance of wearing quality sunglasses?
Sunglasses are essential to protect your vision on sunny days and even on cloudy days, because they avoid direct contact with ultraviolet (UV) rays. Thus, the glasses prevent the development of eye diseases and provide greater visual comfort.
However, not all sunglasses have adequate protection from the sun’s rays. And the absence of protectors on the lenses can not only cause problems with vision, but also enhance the development of diseases.
Hence the importance of purchasing an accessory of proven quality, which is one of Ray-Ban’s brands.
The fact is that all Ray-Ban sunglasses have eye protection filters, such as UVA, UVB and UVC. In addition to the models with polarized lenses that provide comfort to the vision.
What is the importance of the colors of the glasses lenses?
The colors of the lenses, more than a matter of aesthetics, also influence the health of the eyes. Therefore, Ray-Ban sunglasses offer several color options.
The amber and brown ones , for example, are more suitable for those who have nearsightedness and hyperopia, as they protect against blue light.
Brown, gray and green lenses are ideal for people over 60 years old. In this age group there is a loss of vision contrast.
In any case, if you have any problem or vision impairment, we recommend that you seek medical advice before choosing the lens color of the sunglasses.
How do you know if Ray-Ban sunglasses are original?
With the popularization of Ray-Ban glasses, imitations and counterfeits began to emerge around the world. However, as we have seen, using fake models or low-quality lenses can worsen the effects of the sun on your eyes and cause serious illness.
According to experts, wearing imitations is worse than not wearing sunglasses at all.
In addition to counterfeit models that do not have UV protection, low-quality dark lenses can expand more and thus absorb even more harmful rays.
Not to mention that a counterfeit product has no durability, warranty or technical assistance. Therefore, it is important that you know how to differentiate fake Ray-Ban sunglasses from the original ones.
Here are tips on how to tell if your Ray-Ban sunglasses are genuine:
- The box of the original Ray-Ban glasses has a sticker with the bar code and information about the model, color code and size;
- This information is also recorded on the inside of the rods;
- The original Ray-Ban glasses have the logo on the nameplates and lenses, and their part number on the white rods. Blurry logos, which come off the frames, are forged;
- The frame of the fake glasses is usually more coarse;
- The invoice is your greatest proof of authenticity and security.
What are the benefits of Ray-Ban sunglasses?
As we have seen, the great advantage of Ray-Ban sunglasses is that they are made from high quality materials.
Ray-Ban sunglasses are timeless.
Ray-Ban glasses are not only durable, but are suitable for the health and protection of your eyes.
In addition, Ray-Ban sunglasses are timeless. As we have seen, the best-selling models have survived the decades and never go out of style.
Another advantage is the number of lines, models and different sizes that suit all tastes.
The only downside to Ray-Ban sunglasses is the price. This is not a cheap accessory. Still, this accessory has a great cost benefit.
Check out the advantages and disadvantages of Ray-Ban sunglasses below:
How much does a Ray-Ban sunglasses cost?
The price of Ray-Ban sunglasses varies according to the model, the material of manufacture, the color and the shape. Therefore, you will find glasses that cost between R $ 420 and R $ 1,600.
Where to buy Ray-Ban sunglasses?
You can find Ray-Ban sunglasses on sale at opticians and in department stores. But we recommend that you make your purchase at online stores like Amazon. Thus, you will have more options of models and still make your purchase from the comfort of your home.
Purchasing Criteria: Factors to Compare Ray-Ban Sunglasses
The choice of Ray-Ban glasses depends a lot on your style and personality. However, with such a diversity of models, it is important that you understand what differentiates one type from another to choose the one that will best harmonize with your face.
Therefore, we have listed below the main factors that you must observe before purchasing Ray-Ban sunglasses.
Below, we will detail these factors for you to buy the ideal Ray-Ban sunglasses.
The first factor that you should consider before purchasing Ray-Ban sunglasses is the shape. You will find Ray-Ban sunglasses in various shapes such as aviator, rectangular, square, hexagonal and round.
But in addition to this being a personal choice, experts recommend that you evaluate the shape of your face before choosing the shape of the glasses. This will guarantee perfect harmonization.
To help you, we have listed below the most suitable Ray-Ban sunglasses according to the shape of your face.
The material of manufacture and the design of the frame are factors that you must also take into account. This is because, depending on the type of frame, the glasses can create a lighter or more striking air; more sober, sophisticated or stripped down.
You will find models with the complete frame, around the entire lens, which is the most traditional. The thick frame, however, creates a more alternative style.
The glasses with thin frame, give an air of lightness and elegance. And those with semi-rim and rimless ones are more contemporary.
In addition, there are different manufacturing materials that give style to the frame, for example:
- Acetate : Quality plastic made with renewable materials.
- Nylon and propionate : For sports.
- Metal : Hypoallergenic and adjustable.
- Wood, leather, velvet, aluminum, carbon fiber or titanium : More sophisticated.
We’ve already seen that lens colors can influence eye health. But in addition to colors, Ray-Ban sunglasses offer different types of lenses:
- Classical: uniform colors
- Mirrored and shiny
For people who spend a lot of time exposed to brightness, polarized lenses are the best choice, which prevent glare and make images sharper and more contrasting
Did you know that Ray-Ban sunglasses pass several certification tests to ensure that the lenses can cancel out at least 65% of the sun’s rays? For this, the glasses are tested about 20 times during the manufacturing process.
After choosing the shape and type of frame, you need to observe the measurements of the Ray-Ban sunglasses. This is a factor that will ensure that the glasses fit perfectly on your face, ensuring symmetry and comfort.
There are three measures that are usually exposed on the inside of the stems. Are they:
- Bridge size : distance between one lens and another; that part that is supported on the nose;
- Rim size : width of each lens, measured horizontally;
- Stem size : length of support on the ears.
All of these measurements are made in millimeters and vary widely according to the model. For you to have an idea, in general, 55mm represents the small lens; 58mm, the medium-sized lens; and 62mm the large lens.