Top & Best Kitchen cabinet Review 2022 – How to Select Ultimate Buyer’s Guide
Kitchen cabinet: How to choose the best in 2022?
Today’s article is special for those who are setting up or redecorating one of the most loved rooms in any home: the kitchen. We will bring you tips and suggestions that will help you choose your ideal kitchen cabinet.
A good closet, in addition to being practical and functional, can bring more charm, comfort and organization to any environment, making it more cozy and sophisticated. And the rule also applies to the kitchen. That is why the kitchen cabinet has become more and more a simple need for storage to become an important element of decoration.
In this article we will introduce you to the best options on the market, in addition to the features that you must pay attention to in order to make the most appropriate choice of kitchen cabinet to compose the decoration of this room.
First, the most important
- The market offers thousands of kitchen cabinet options. To choose the ideal, some factors must be considered before purchase. Define the installation location, and choose according to the style of the kitchen and the size of the room.
- Size, material, model, type, form of installation and ease of cleaning are some of the main characteristics to be evaluated when purchasing the kitchen cabinet.
- Prices are quite varied. Fluctuations occur according to the material and brand chosen, in addition to other factors such as details, handles, lights and built-in accessories. It is possible to find simpler cabinets from R $ 300. The most complete and worked or planned versions can cost a few thousand reais.
You may also like:
- Kitchen rug: Learn how to choose the best model in 2022
- Refrigerator: How to choose the best refrigerator in 2022?
- Electric built-in oven: What’s the best in 2022?
Best kitchen cabinets: Our favorites
Do you want to store utensils, small appliances and groceries, keep them organized, always at hand and protected from grease and dust and breakage to give your kitchen an extra charm? This does not require major reforms or break-breaks.
A good kitchen cabinet can give you all these advantages and still make your kitchen much more beautiful and organized. We have selected the most charming models available on the market to inspire you. Check the list:
- Ipê Compact Kitchen Cabinet – Petra
- Kitchen Cabinet 7 Doors 2 Drawers Master – Nesher Furniture
- 3 Door Compact Kitchen Cabinet – Fellicci
- Kitchen Cabinet 3 Doors 1 Drawer Jasper – Sallêto
- Kitchen Cabinet 8 Doors 1 Drawer Luisa – Movemax
After checking the Ranking with the coolest kitchen cabinets on the market, let’s go ahead with the Purchase Guide. In this section we will introduce you to the most important information about kitchen cabinets, directions for use, advantages and disadvantages, values, where to buy, etc.
What is the kitchen cabinet?
The kitchen cabinet is the version specially adapted for this room of furniture that aims to store and organize utensils, pans, crockery, groceries and other kitchen items so that they are easily located and accessed.
They are usually made of resistant materials, such as wood or steel, and equipped with doors and drawers, which serve to organize utensils and hide the contents of the cabinet from the outside view, also protecting them from the accumulation of dust and grease.
You can also count on niches to accommodate appliances or small appliances such as electric oven, microwave , refrigerator, dishwasher , water purifier , etc. They are an excellent solution to optimize the kitchen space, since its interior divisions and shelves allow the best use of the internal space.
What are the advantages of the kitchen cabinet?
The kitchen cabinet is the ideal solution for those looking for organization and practicality for this room that is the heart of the house. As one of the main highlights in a kitchen, cabinets establish the style and pattern of the room.
Rustic, modern, contemporary or classic cuisine. Much of this definition will be given by the type of cabinet and other furniture chosen. But the decorative issue is just one facet of kitchen cabinets.
In addition to making it possible to organize and store all kitchen appliances, cabinets can also be important support points for cooking, washing or draining dishes . They are also responsible for protecting dishes, groceries, pots and utensils from the accumulation of grease and dirt.
Despite the many advantages, the choice of kitchen cabinet inspires care. Some materials are sensitive to water, moisture and heat: everything else we have in the kitchen. So the ideal is to invest a little more in quality materials, which will be more resistant and can last for many years.
What are the different types of kitchen cabinet?
As the kitchen cabinet is a product that will be in evidence in the room, it must be evaluated in all its aspects very carefully before purchase. This assessment can make all the difference to ensure your satisfaction and safety.
There are some types of kitchen cabinets, each designed and developed for a home and user profile. Getting to know the different types is a way of deciding the one that best meets your expectations and needs.
- Planned : Cabinets designed and created to adapt and fill spaces in a specific room. A good project optimizes the use of space by up to 100%. However, this type of cabinet is usually fixed and when it is possible to remove it, it is unlikely to adapt perfectly to the new environment. It is ideal for those who do not want mobility and do not intend or need to uninstall the furniture in the future.
- Modulated : Made in modules with standard measures that fit together forming the set in the settings desired by the customer. This type of cabinet is ideal for those who have little space and want to optimize the use of the room by investing little and without having to wait for the long periods of manufacture of custom-made furniture.
- Compact : Made in just one block or with separation between bench and overhead cabinets, this type of cabinet is also designed for those who have little space and want practicality. As it is a unique piece of furniture, it does not offer many possibilities for configuration or changing the positions of niches, drawers, etc.
Are you in doubt between a modular, compact or planned kitchen cabinet? Check out our table below:
How to install the kitchen cabinet?
We have already commented that the ideal kitchen cabinet should be functional for organization and storage and decorative. But another very important aspect for a good closet is practicality and accessibility. The cupboard should leave free space in your kitchen so that you can move around without difficulty or accident.
For your safety, install your cabinet so that the distance between the bench and the suspended modules is at least 50 cm. The depth also deserves attention, and should be around 37 cm.
In these proportions your suspended modules will be high enough that you don’t hit your head on corners, and low enough to dispense with the use of benches and stairs.
Floor modules or benches must also have a comfortable height to work. The ideal size for countertops is at least 90 centimeters from the floor to the top, and may vary according to the height of the residents of the house. The depth of 60 cm is enough to work comfortably on the bench.
Where to buy?
You can buy your kitchen cabinet in physical stores that offer furniture, decoration products and home utilities,
It is also possible to purchase online, taking advantage of all the convenience and variety that e-commerce sites like Amazon and Mercado Livre offer.
The values of kitchen cabinets can vary a lot according to model, material used and product design. It is possible to find simpler versions starting at R $ 300. More complete models, in more resistant materials and different designs can have much higher prices.
Purchasing criteria: Factors to compare kitchen cabinet models
The best and most expensive kitchen cabinet is not always ideal for you, the one that will completely meet your expectations and needs. Therefore, now we will introduce you to topics on the characteristics of kitchen cabinets that you must pay attention to in order to choose the cabinet that most closely matches the perfect one for you and your kitchen.
- Coatings and finishes
- Assembly and installation
Check below the details of each of these characteristics. Take into account each of these particularities when choosing your kitchen cabinet and ensure a successful purchase.
The most used materials in the manufacture of kitchen cabinets are steel and wood and / or its variations such as laminate, MDP (medium density fiberboard), MDF (medium density particle board), etc.
The doors, drawers, feet and handles can come in different materials from the cabinet structure, such as glass, plastic, metal, aluminum, among other variants.
As the kitchen cabinet is an item of great use in daily life, it is essential that the finish of the external material is washable and non-porous, to facilitate cleaning and reduce the accumulation of grease and dirt.
Materials such as wood, MDF and MDP are more susceptible to the action of water and moisture, which in prolonged contact can cause upholstery, deformations or undulations. The ideal is that cabinets in these materials have waterproofing treatment or finishing to guarantee the durability of the product.
Simple, mirrored, sandblasted or other glass patterns are excellent options for doors or shelves. In addition to giving the cabinet a sophisticated look, the glass does not absorb grease and dirt and is easier to clean.
Check out the table with the main characteristics of the most popular materials:
Coatings and finishes
Almost as important as the cabinet material itself are the coatings and finishes that this material receives. For steel cabinets, the most common coating is paint, the most popular being enamelled and electrostatic powder painting, which protect the material from rust and corrosion in general.
In natural wood cabinets, however, the treatment is limited to the application of resins or varnishes, leaving exposed the natural patterns and designs of the wood.
For MDF or MDP cabinets, the most used coatings are:
- High pressure laminate : Very resistant, it consists of several sheets of decorative paper impregnated with melamine resin pressed to the MDF or MDP plate at high temperatures. The process melts the materials, resulting in a surface that is more resistant to moisture, abrasion and impacts.
- Finish Foil : Also made with paper produced in rotogravure or flexogravure, this coating consists of pressing the paper with a high temperature on the material and then finishing it for a glossy, matte or semi-gloss effect. It is less resistant to scratches and stains than high pressure laminate.
- Glass : Frosted, transparent, mirrored or colored, glass is widely used to compose or as a unique material on the front of the kitchen cabinet, on doors and drawers. Easy to clean, it gives a modern and contemporary look to the furniture, as well as the option of leaving or not the interior of the cabinets visible.
- Lacquer : Type of painting has a process similar to that of automotive painting with several stages of painting, drying and polishing. Always looking smooth and flawless, it can come in high gloss or matte lacquer versions. This coating is more expensive and requires greater care, as the paint is not resistant to impacts and scratches.
- Tamponamento : Extra edges of wood or other material in greater thickness and already finished are added to MDF or MDP to make it more robust and with a more resistant aspect.
- Methacrylate : A type of acrylic, it has an effect that resembles high gloss glass or lacquer. Easy to clean, it differs from ordinary acrylic, as it can be polished without staining or losing color.
An inadequately sized kitchen cabinet can be more of a hindrance than simplifying your life. The models of compact cabinets or with overhead modules are ideal for small kitchens or to fill small spaces in the room such as corridors and pantries.
Larger versions, with islands or towers for small appliances, are ideal for larger rooms, but always respecting proportionality.
The ideal size cupboard is the one that is positioned respecting the position of water points, windows and doors, gas, pipes, appliances and circulation spaces.
Assembly and installation
Kitchen cabinets are generally medium to difficult to assemble. That is, for most cabinets, the help of a professional is necessary for assembly and installation.
This assembly can take place by means of pegs, shoes, screws, nails, minifix, among other mechanisms.
Some models are fixed to the wall, while others are floor-mounted. The fixed models are ideal for those who do not need or want to move the furniture out of place. The floor tiles are good for those who live on rent or like to change the position of furniture frequently, as it allows this mobility.
Check that the intended place to receive the cabinet allows the necessary perforations for installation or without the risk of reaching pipes. The cabinet must have measures that allow it to be positioned at appropriate heights to avoid accidents such as stumps and head hits, in addition to providing easy access to its interior.
The kitchen cabinet handle can come in different shapes and materials. It is an item that needs to be easy to use and clean and resistant, since it will be handled very often and by hands that may be damp or greasy.
Low-cost models usually have plastic handles with aluminum paint. However, this type of handle tends to wear and stain with use. Give preference to handles made entirely of aluminum or another type of metal.
The most suitable models of kitchen cabinet handles are those with straight shapes, without friezes or many details to avoid accumulation of dirt, and that have good dimensions and shape to facilitate the opening of doors and drawers.
Kitchen cabinets are available in a variety of colors and patterns, the most popular being white and wood. Here the choice can be purely aesthetic, or according to the intended effect on the room.
White cabinets give an aspect of cleanliness and spaciousness to the room. Woody ones make the kitchen look more sophisticated and cozy. In turn, the vibrant colors bring more life to the environment, with a cheerful and relaxed air.In the case of kitchens of the American type or with connection to other rooms, a good tip is to combine the colors between the spaces to integrate the environments.