Top & Best Rolling pin Review 2022– How to Select Ultimate Buyer’s Guide
Rolling pin: What is the best model in 2022?
If you are one of those people who love to get their hands dirty and test recipes, this Review is for you! We will help you choose a piece of equipment that cannot be missing from the drawer for the success of your gastronomic experiences: the rolling pin.
Extremely resistant, durable and versatile, the rolling pin is essential for the preparation of sweet and savory pasta, in addition to being useful in various routines and preparations in the kitchen. The modern versions have innovative and colorful designs, being a Must Have item in any gourmet kitchen.
Follow us on this reading and check out the best options of the product, in addition to the features you must pay attention to in order to make the best choice of rolling pin for your kitchen.
First, the most important
- Practical and effective, the rolling pin can have several uses for the cook. In order to guarantee all the benefits that this item can offer, the right choice is essential.
- The ideal material and model of the dough roller should be defined based on the intended use and the user’s profile. Sophisticated rolls can add other features, which is an advantage for those who want to avoid excess utensils in their kitchen.
- Easy to be found, the rolling pin can be purchased for less than R $ 15 in the most basic models. More sophisticated models, with extra features and accessories can cost more than R $ 100.
You may also like:
- Kitchen scale: How to choose the best in 2022?
- Baking dish: What is the best option for your kitchen in 2022?
- Mixer: What is the best for your kitchen in 2022?
Ranking: The 5 best dough rolls
A quality dough roll is an extremely valued and desired item by those who like it and understand the culinary arts. Able to help in the preparation of pizzas and pies, puffs, pastries, thin or heavy pasta, the rolling pin delivers what it promises even in the most basic models.
The modern versions, with diverse details and patterns, are vivid and passionate. If you also want a rolling pin to call yours, we will present the most interesting models of the product for sale. Check out:
Have you ever wanted to click on buy and prepare and put into practice those forgotten recipes from the notebook? Calm down just a little bit more! Next we will present a Buying Guide, section where we will talk a little more about the particularities of the dough roll and give tips so that you can choose yours without fear of making a mistake!
What is the rolling pin?
The rolling pin is a kitchen utensil in a cylindrical shape, which aims to open and extend pasta and other preparations, such as American paste, for example. The roller can be of the French type, which consists of a stick, or have side pins for hand support.
There are versions adapted for different types of preparations. Some models allow the addition of hot or cold water, in order to provide the appropriate temperature for the mass to be worked.
What are the advantages of the rolling pin?
In addition to being indispensable for preparing any recipe involving pasta, from starters, main courses and desserts, savory and American pasta, pasta rolls are also great allies for processing or crushing chestnuts, nuts, cookies and seeds, garlic, etc.
Relatively inexpensive and easy to find, dough rollers, even with constant use, tend to be quite resistant and durable, and can be used for several years without appearing to wear, depending on the quality of the material.
There are special versions of rolling pin for developing specific recipes. Although it can be more expensive, it can make routine in the kitchen much easier, especially when preparing recipes in large quantities.
How to use the rolling pin?
Although the use of the rolling pin may seem very simple and intuitive, some small details and care during use can be the difference between success and disaster in your recipe. Check out tips for not making mistakes when choosing or using your rolling pin.
- Do not choose too long rolls for common recipes, as working with them is more complicated and requires skill;
- The roll width will end whether or not you will touch the dough as you open it. It is a personal preference;
- Choose models with side pins covered with adhesive material. They make handling easier and more secure;
- Keep your roll in the refrigerator before using if the dough is heat sensitive;
- Use the roller to crush cookies, nuts, seeds, etc .;
- Roll the dough after opening in the roll to transfer it to the baking sheet or other surface without risk of it breaking or puncture;
- Heavier rolls can be difficult to handle, but they make it easier to spread the dough and make it thinner.
The price of the dough roller varies widely according to model, brand, material and product details. It is possible to find basic ones very affordable, for less than R $ 15. More sophisticated models, with special materials and accessories for thickness adjustment can cost more than R $ 100.
Where to buy?
You can buy your rolling pin at physical stores that sell housewares.
However, it is by shopping online that you can find a greater variety of brands and models of the product, in addition to enjoying the convenience and convenience of buying without leaving home through e-commerce sites such as Amazon.
Purchasing criteria: Factors for comparing the dough roller models
With so much legal information, now for sure you will almost be a masterchef when choosing your rolling pin. But before choosing the next recipe, check out some more tips and features of the rolling pin that will help you compare options and choose the best version for you:
Below we will detail each of these particularities, so that there are no doubts when choosing:
There are different models of rolling pin, the most common of which are:
- French rolling pin : Also known as a stick, it consists of a cylindrical tool that can be straight or tapered. It is usually heavier, which provides thinner pasta with less effort.
- Rolling pin with pins on the sides : The most traditional model has support pins on the sides and the movable, sliding center. It requires less force in handling, since the pressure is distributed between the hands, wrists and arms.
- Textured dough roller : The surface has reliefs forming patterns, designs or shapes. Widely used in confectionery, it is ideal for decorating paste, biscuits, etc.
Dough roller manufacturing materials can vary widely depending on the product model and brand. The most common are wood, ceramic, acrylic, polyethylene, aluminum, silicone, stainless steel, marble and plastic.
The wooden ones are the most traditional because they are cheap and very functional. But other materials have come to the fore as they are used specifically for certain types of dough, such as marble, which is used for puff pastry as it helps to keep it always cold.
Roll sizes and thickness vary depending on the model chosen. Standard rolls usually measure between 30 to 50 centimeters in length. Thicker rolls are ideal for normal to heavy dough, while thinner rolls are ideal for lighter ones.
There are other variations in size. The rolls used to open the traditional Japanese Udon can reach 1.2 meters, while there are miniature rolls of less than 20 centimeters, widely used in confectionery.
The question here is purely one of personal taste. Try to choose the dough roll that not only appeals to you aesthetically, but also has to do with other utensils and the type of decoration in your kitchen.
There are versions with openings in the bases that allow the object to be hung on display, helping to compose the environment.