Spark Plug: How to choose the best one for your vehicle in 2022?
your complete online guide to buying auto parts. Is the spark faint when the ignition is switched on and are there problems starting the car? You may need a new spark plug.
Only you can’t take any spark plugs just because the price is cheap. In addition to compatibility issues, there are some important details to consider when looking for the best deals on the market.Truth be told: Those who do not know much about mechanics may encounter some difficulties when looking for the best deals. For this reason, reading the article is essential for you to stand out when buying the product
First, the most important
- Bosch and NGK are the best spark plug brands.
- Do not confuse spark plugs for chainsaw engines with automotive engine models.
- Platinum and iridium candles last for more kilometers and better conduct energy.
You may also like:
- Hydraulic jack: How to choose the best in 2022?
- Motorcycle case: How to choose the best case in 2022?
- Motorcycle lock: What’s the best in 2022?
Did the engine stop right after you started the ignition? Calm down, sometimes maintaining the problem costs low prices, especially when you only need to replace the spark plug. Read important data that better prepare you for the purchase.
Changing the spark plug with gloves is safer and more hygienic (Source: parilovv / 123rf.com).
What is a spark plug and what is it for?
The spark plug is an indispensable part for the functioning of the engines of cars, motorcycles, chainsaws, among other motorized items. It provides the spark (or spark) for starting, considering combustion engines.
When they are not in perfect condition, spark plugs make the vehicle consume more gasoline or alcohol. There may also be problems with the engines, even when starting the vehicle.
Always refer to the owner’s manual, service manual or even the spark plug manufacturer’s website to identify, for example, which model is suitable for the vehicle being repaired ”. Antonio Eduardo Rosendo dos Santon, professor of mechanics at Senai-SP.
Spark plugs were invented by Bosch in 1902.
How long does a spark plug last?
The life of a spark plug can last from 40 thousand kilometers to approximately 100 thousand kilometers. This variation occurs depending on the type, handling, make and characteristics of the engine.
Is there a loss of power in the car? Is the engine dying? These may be signs of the need to replace the spark plug.
What are the advantages of a spark plug?
There are spark plugs of different prices. At specialist auto parts stores you will find packages with 4 or more units.
The sail is a small detail that makes a big difference in the quality of the tuning of the tuned engine. You need to resort to specialized service to install, unless you have technical knowledge. Check out more advantages and disadvantages in the table:
- Different types
- Easy to buy
- Helps maintain engine power
- Decreases the chances of failure in the match
- Small and lightweight
- Less emission of pollutants in the exhaust
- Requires technical service to install
- There are products with less durability
- Need for preventive maintenance of the spark plug
Do not confuse: Spark plug for vehicles or chainsaws?
Although they are products for different functions, spark plug types have a similar appearance. You need to know each option in detail to avoid confusion when buying:
- Spark plug for vehicles: It has an average length of 12 centimeters, with a variation of one or another centimeter according to the manufacturer’s brand. Product available in kits of several units that is more dependent on the compatibility of the type of fuel that powers the engine.
- Spark plug for chainsaws: Most of the time it is a production sold by units, although there are some kits. It weighs from 300 to 600 grams, depending on the brand choice, with a length of approximately 16 centimeters.
Absorb the differences of the two products better in mind:
How much does a spark plug cost?
A spark plug can cost from R $ 3 to up to R $ 20 per unit. Those who need several options should choose to buy kits of up to 50 editions at lower prices. The types of productions influence pricing.
The brand name is also something that makes production more expensive, especially for famous labels that have a differentiated production method. Certain editions from non-certified manufacturers last less than the specification on the packaging.
Where to buy a spark plug?
Find versions in certain hypermarkets and certain department stores with auto parts shelves. Be careful, chances are you will not find the editions compatible with your vehicle. On the internet it is easier to find the ideal model according to your technical needs. With simple clicks you can compare different offers. Buy spark plugs in virtual stores like Amazon.
Did you know that to last longer the spark plugs and cables must have preventive maintenance in any engine workshop? This can help to save money and mechanical concerns in the long run.
Purchasing criteria: how to compare the spark plug models
There is no point in thinking about tuning the engine of your car or motorcycle without also considering the purchase of a resistant and powerful spark plug in the generation of sparks. The ideas listed below can guide you in finding the perfect choice:
Don’t stop reading here. Continue reading to learn more about purchasing criteria definitions:
You can choose between the lowest price option or the models with high quality material. Unravel the mysteries of each of the main versions in terms of materials:
- Copper spark plug: Flexible product to be used in many different conditions, from popular car engines to tuned vehicle engines. These are editions that cost less than a motorcycle lock.
- Silver spark plug: Resistant production, with medium prices and long lasting. It is among the most popular versions today. Highlight for the excellent conduction of energy to generate sparks.
- Iridium spark plug: These versions conduct electricity better, last longer and are resistant. Because it achieves high resistance at the maximum melting point (2454 ° C) it does not require as much tension to function properly.
Keep an eye on the table that shows the differences between the spark plug types:
Basically you find the following types of vehicular candles:
- See conventional ignition: It is the most basic production that must be used in the engine depending on the work of the carburetor to work.
- Resistive spark plug: This model is suitable for use in vehicles that work with electronic injection.
- Competitive sailing: Engineered to withstand the high performance of racing cars or tuned cars that fry tires.
Although it costs a little more expensive, it is worth giving preference to the spark plug that has 4 electrodes, known because of the 8 points to activate the flames that feed the starting of the automotive engine.
The models of the genre in addition to raising the quality in the performance of the engine also help for the starts to be fast.
The first point that you should be careful about is the spark plug’s compliance with your car model. Indeed, when buying online and reading the descriptions it becomes easier to know if the advertised offers are compatible with the year and the vehicle.
A second important aspect is to understand if there is compatibility of the spark plug offer with the fuel type of the car.
iridium spark plug
bosch spark plugs
ngk 6619 iridium spark plugs
pulstar spark plugs
ngk spark plug
e3 spark plugs
best spark plugs for horsepower
best spark plugs for racing
Which type of spark plug is best?
What’s the best spark plugs for horsepower?
Are high performance spark plugs worth it?
Do spark plug brands matter?
Is NGK a good spark plug?
Will better spark plugs increase horsepower?
Which is better copper or iridium spark plugs?
How much horsepower do new spark plugs add?
Are NGK Spark Plugs pre gapped?
When should I run my spark plugs colder?