Sports glove: How to choose the best one in 2021?
If you are looking to buy a sports glove, but don’t know where to start to choose the best brand, type and model for your needs, this article is for you.
Widely used in activities such as weight training, crossfit and cycling, sports gloves provide a better grip, giving more stability and safety to exercises.
In addition, they alleviate pain in weight lifting and reduce friction with bars and devices, helping to protect sensitive skin on the palm and avoid unwanted calluses and blisters.
Follow us and check out the best options of the product, in addition to the features you should pay attention to in order to make the best choice of sports glove for your activities.
First, the most important
- Sports gloves can be versatile, and cater to many different physical activities. However, each model will offer a type and level of protection, which may be more or less suitable for your purposes.
- Characteristics such as type, material, resistance, quality, size, type of closure and forms of cleaning should be analyzed to define the ideal glove.
- Glove prices vary by brand, material and model. It is possible to purchase simple versions from R $ 15, the most sophisticated, from renowned brands, can cost more than R $ 200.
You may also like:
- Weight training station: How to choose the best one in 2021?
- Sports shoes: How to choose the best in 2021?
- Exercise wheel: Learn how to choose the best model in 2021
Ranking: The 3 best sports gloves
A quality sports glove is an extremely necessary item for those who practice physical activities, but prefer to keep their hands protected from calluses, blisters and injuries caused by training and repetition of exercises with barbell or other equipment.
The modern versions, in addition to functional, help to complement the look for the gym, with printed versions and in different colors. If you also want a sports glove to call yours, we will present the most interesting models for sale in the market. Check out:
So, approved our Ranking? Now that you’ve checked out the suggestions, let’s go to the Buying Guide. In this section you will have access to the most relevant information about sports gloves: models and indications for use, advantages and disadvantages, values, where to buy, etc.
As the best glove on the market will not always be ideal for you and your needs, we will introduce you to topics with the characteristics that you must pay attention to in order to choose the sports glove that best suits you.
What is the sports glove?
The sports glove is a special type of glove for the practice of sports and physical activities that involve lifting weight or strength with your hands to secure or guide equipment or devices, giving more grip on the grip.
In addition, gloves protect your hands from friction with bars and devices, preventing the appearance of calluses and bubbles. Some models also offer support to the wrist, providing more firmness in movements and preventing injuries.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of wearing the sports glove?
The biggest advantages of sports gloves are versatility and efficiency. They increase adherence to physical activities that require lifting weights and using hands in general.
In addition, they reduce the friction between the athlete’s hands and the equipment, preventing the appearance of corns and blisters. The gloves can be of different models, in order to adapt to the athlete’s profile, the type and intensity of activity he practices.
Affordable, they are available in versions of all price ranges. However, the model must be chosen carefully according to the activity to be developed. Models with wristbands can restrict movements and hinder some exercises, for example.
Gloves in very thick materials, on the other hand, can impair the athlete’s sensitivity and, consequently, his performance in specific activities.
- Protects hands from friction preventing the appearance of calluses and blisters
- There are versions suitable for various activities and athlete profiles
- There are versions for all pockets
- More robust models can restrict movement
- Thick materials can decrease sensitivity
Which sports glove is right for me?
Choosing a sports glove may not be an easy task. Although it is a relatively common and easily accessible product, there are several variables that can make an inattentive purchase disastrous.
The first step in choosing the glove correctly is to define its purpose. There are special types for each function, such as weight training, crossfit, cycling, wrist strengthening, palm protection, among others.
The purpose of the glove will define not only the type of product you need to buy, but also the model and material. There are several models of sports glove, each for a purpose and user profile.
To choose, identify the type of training you perform most often, and which areas need more reinforcement and protection. The most popular models of sports glove are:
- Half glove : Without covering fingers and wrists, concentrates protection in the palm region. It has divisions to accommodate the fingers individually, covering the area up to the first knot, without compromising the movements. It may have velcro closure or a push button. Ideal for preventing calluses on the palms and at the base of the fingers.
- Gutter glove : Covering an area even smaller than the previous model, the gutter glove is usually open, without accommodation for the fingers, protecting the palm area from friction with the bars. With velcro closure or push button, it is usually made of rubber or EVA, which makes it light and ideal for not limiting movement.
- Glove with wristband : Made normally with a mix of fabrics and natural or synthetic leather, it has closures at the cuffs and completely protects the hands. The wristband is ideal for protecting the wrist area from injuries, and may or may not be equipped with a splint, which may compromise some movements.
- Complete glove without wristband : Covering the fingers completely or leaving only the last knots free, it can be made with synthetic or natural leather and a mix of fabrics or other materials. Completely protects the palm and fingers, including the thumb. It has closure on the back of the hands, which does not compromise the flexibility and movement of the wrists.
Check its characteristics in summary in the table below:
The values of sports gloves can vary greatly according to the model, material and brand of the product. It is possible to find simpler versions starting at R $ 15.
More sophisticated models or subscriptions to famous brands can have much higher prices, exceeding even R $ 100. It is possible to make a great investment between R $ 30 and R $ 70.
Where to buy?
You can buy your sports gloves at stores specializing in sporting goods, where salespeople can help you choose the most suitable for your goals.
Large chains such as Decathlon, for example, are a good option, and tend to offer a wide variety of brands and models of the product.
If you prefer to buy online, sites like Amazon also offer many product options.
Purchase criteria: Factors to qualify the different models of sports glove
To be able to research and compare a product we need to have minimal information about it. If you’ve followed this article up here, you’re on the right path to making a successful purchase.
Below we will present some characteristics for which you should be aware when comparing sports gloves. After defining your need, consider the following aspects to choose the ideal glove:
Now let’s see in detail each one of these topics for you to know how to make the best choice.
Like any garment, sports gloves are also manufactured with different sizes, ranging from PP to GG, depending on the manufacturer and the brand.
They can also be separated between male and female models, where the shape adapts to the gender.
It is essential that the sports glove is suitable for the size of the user’s hands. A glove that is too large may be ill-fitting, causing instability in footprints and movements and increasing the risk of accidents and injuries.
A small glove, in turn, can also hinder training, in addition to causing discomfort, discomfort and risk of poor blood circulation in the hands and wrists.
The materials most used in the manufacture of sports gloves are mixed fabrics, neoprene, rubberized, natural or synthetic leather. The type and quality of the materials used in making the glove will be fundamental to determine its quality, durability and resistance.
Some materials can receive antibacterial treatment for the manufacture of sports gloves, which is an excellent option to avoid bad smells and the proliferation of microorganisms in the piece.
The material used in the palm region of the glove must always be more reinforced and resistant than that of other areas. Adherent and non-slip properties are also a good differential for the material of this region.
Although it may seem like a mere detail, the possibilities for washing and cleaning your sports glove should be one of the determining factors for choosing. This is because, like socks and caps, sports gloves need to be sanitized frequently, if possible with each use.
After all, they will be in direct contact with sweat, devices and equipment used and handled by dozens of other people, becoming the perfect environment for the proliferation of bacteria, microorganisms and bad odors.
If you strive for convenience, give preference to 100% washable models, which suit your usual care routine with clothes and training accessories.
That way you won’t need to create a new care routine for your glove, and you can have an accessory that is always clean and sanitized with minimal headaches.
The closure of sports gloves can be done by velcro or pressure buttons. Usually the closure site is located on the back of the hands or on the wrists.
The shape and location of closure are critical to determining the level of fit and firmness provided by the glove.
In addition, it will be decisive for the degree of ease of dressing and removing gloves. Push button models can be more complicated to put on. This type of closure limits the possibilities of adjustment, which can cause the glove to be tight or loosened on the user.
sports gloves csgo
best running gloves
sports gloves fingerless
sports gloves for gym
lightweight gloves with grip
xxl running gloves
Which sports use gloves?
What are the best gloves to keep your hands warm?
Are Ozero gloves good?
What are the best running gloves?
What gloves does Odell Beckham Jr wear?
What football gloves have the best grip?
What are the best gloves for extreme cold?
Why don t gloves keep my hands warm?
Do leather gloves keep your hands warm?
How do I keep my fingers warm in gloves?
What are the thinnest warmest gloves?