Top & Best Silicone form Review 2022 – How to Select Ultimate Buyer’s Guide
Silicone form: how to choose the best in 2022?
In today’s article we will help you choose a utensil that has been winning more and more the heart of those who love to cook: the silicone form.
Extremely resistant and durable, the silicone form is excellent for preparing cakes, breads, sweets, pies and other hot or cold recipes, thanks to its power to withstand extreme temperatures, both high and low. With versions in elaborate and colorful designs, it is a Must Have item in any gourmet kitchen.
Follow us on this reading and check out the best product options, in addition to the features you should pay attention to in order to make the best choice of silicone shape for your home.
First, the most important
- Functional and versatile, the silicone form comes in several shapes and sizes. To ensure that the chosen model fits your purposes, pay attention to details.
- The model and size of the shape must be defined based on the intended use. The choice will be a determining factor for the durability and efficiency of the product.
- Affordable, the silicone form can cost less than R $ 10 in the most basic models. More sophisticated models with special designs can cost a few hundred reais.
You may also like:
- Mixer: What is the best for your kitchen in 2022?
- Hand mixer: Which is the best of 2022?
- Planetary mixer: What is the best in 2022?
Best silicone shapes: Our favorites
A good form of silicone is an item extremely valued and desired by those who like it understand the culinary arts. Able to heat or cool quickly and evenly and retain the temperature, the silicone form is capable of preparing wonderful recipes, hot or cold, sweet or savory.
In colorful and rich details, they are lively and passionate. If you also want a form of silicone to call your own, we will present some of the most interesting models of the product for sale.
Did our list inspire you? Before deleting the recipes you intend to make in your new silicone form, check out our Buying Guide. It will give you the most important information about the form of silicone and its shapes, indications for use, advantages and disadvantages, etc.
It will also present topics on the characteristics you should look out for in order to choose the perfect cake shape to suit your needs.
Silicone form: what are the advantages?
The silicone form, as the name implies, is a form for culinary preparations made in silicone. Malleable, it has a smooth, non-porous surface, which allows it to reach high or low temperatures very quickly, and evenly, ensuring that food is cooked or cooled evenly.
Versatile, it can be used in the oven – both electric oven and gas oven, in addition to the microwave or freezer.
Available in several models and patterns, it has ideal models for cakes, breads, muffins, decorated tartlets, chocolates, and even ice. The material’s characteristics also contribute to the silicone form being naturally non-stick, making it easier to unmold the food and also remove its residues and sanitize the form.
The material also remains innocuous, not absorbing smells and flavors. Thus, the same form can be used for both sweet and savory preparations.
What is the difference between conventional and silicone forms?
In addition to the appropriate model and size, some technical details about the silicone shapes deserve attention when choosing.
the National Health Surveillance Agency (Anvisa) inspects and controls the quality of silicone forms, in order to ensure that the material used in the composition of the product is 100% safe for use in the kitchen.
Therefore, make sure that the product has the Agency’s seal of approval. In the case of imported products, pay attention to the seals of approval according to the standards of the American FDA ( US Food and Drug Administration ) or the European CE (European Commission) .
Also, check the instructions for use and maintenance of the product, to make sure that they match your domestic routine, in addition to the cleaning possibilities and if the material allows washing in dishwashers.
Check out some differences between silicone shapes and conventional shapes.
How to use the silicone form?
Although the different models make us want to assemble a vast collection, you can’t buy a new form of silicone for each different recipe.
So there are some tips that can help you ensure that you are using your shape correctly, and ensure its durability.
- Silicone molds are not very firm, especially when filled. Prevent your recipe from spilling out what the final result is deformed using a baking sheet or other rigid surface to support your silicone form;
- Naturally non-stick , the silicone form does not need to be greased before use. However, some manufacturers recommend that the product be greased for the first use;
- Baked preparations tend to expand, even those without yeast. Never fill more than 2/3 of the mold with dough;
- Cakes, cupcakes and muffins take better shape when cold;
- Do not use knives or sharp objects in their silicone form, this can cause holes and permanent damage to the material;
- Silicone molds retain more heat than conventional ones. Consider reducing the temperature indicated in the recipe by 10º to 20º;
- To wash, it is very simple: wash your form with warm water, so any residual fat will be easily eliminated. Always use the soft side of the sponge, with neutral detergent;
- If residues accumulate in corners and shape details, use a brush to remove them;
Silicone molds can also be washed in the dishwasher.
See more tips on the form of silicone in the video of the channel “The tip of the day with Flávia Ferrari”
How much does it cost and where to buy a silicone form?
The price of the silicone form varies according to the make, size and model. You can find simple shapes from R $ 10. The most sophisticated models and special designs can cost more than R $ 100.
You can buy your silicone form at physical stores that sell household items and confectionery materials.
It is also possible to purchase online, taking advantage of the convenience and greater variety of brands and product models of sites such as Amazon.
Purchasing Criteria: How to Compare Silicone Form Models
Now that you know a little more about the forms of silicone, we will present the purchase criteria. We will bring features of the shapes you need to be on the inside to recognize a good product. After defining your need, consider the following aspects to choose the way that will best suit you:
- Heat resistance
For the avoidance of doubt, we will detail each of these characteristics in sequence:
The silicone molds are available in different models and formats. More than aesthetics, the use of the appropriate model is fundamental for the success of each type of recipe. The main models of silicone form are:
- Baking dish: straight and low shape, can be round, rectangular or have shapes like heart and star. Ideal for cakes, brownies and recipes in general that need a larger area in contact with the heat to bake.
- With central hole: classic format for cakes and puddings, allows the heat to reach the center of the dough, baking evenly. It can have a straight, rounded or worked background.
- Fluted: With or without a central hole, it is ideal for leaving details in the shape of preparations such as cakes, quiches and pies.
- For cupcakes: composed of small holes, it is ideal for muffins, cupcakes, mini quiches, tartlets, etc.
- With themes and shapes: ideal for chocolates, chocolates and even ice, it prints shapes, characters, letters and numbers to the preparations.
Although silicone forms, in general, are resistant to extreme temperatures, both high and low, there is a temperature limit that is supported by the product.
This limit may vary according to the quality of the material and the shape model. In general, manufacturers clearly indicate the thermal resistance limits of each model on the packaging. In general, the values are around -50º to -60º for negative temperatures and 220º to 300º for positive temperatures.
The silicone form can be for large or individual portions, with a smooth, ribbed pattern, of flowers, fruits, leaves, grooves, animals, geometric shapes, among several other variables. Here the choice may be purely aesthetic.
The important thing is that your shape is chosen in a coherent way taking into account the style of preparations that you usually or intend to make, since the shape pattern will be reflected in all preparations. The more versatile the style chosen in more situations and moments it will be suitable for use.