Welcome to mypricesaving.com! Today we are going to talk about photo paper, an item that is overlooked by many photographers, but that can make a big difference in the quality of a photo.
In addition, a photo paper is not only used to print photos but also for other prints, such as, for example, by people who need a harder paper to make games for children.
In this article, we will talk about photographic papers, about their most important characteristics, and you will find a list of the items that we consider the best available on the market today.
First, the most important
- Some of the main types of photo papers are glossy, matte and satin, depending on what characteristics you want to give your prints.
- The weight is the density of the photographic paper, and it is usually between 90 g and 350 g, and that depends on the resolution of your photo, so pay attention to this detail.
- In order for your prints to last for a long time, it is important that you know how to handle them correctly.
You may also like:
- Photo camera: Which are the best of 2022?
- Laser printer: How to choose the best one in 2022
- Photo album: How to choose the best model in 2022?
- Best Photographic background Review
- Best A clothesline of photos review
Best photo papers: Our recommendations
Photographic papers are widely used in our daily lives, and sometimes we do not realize that they are present on labels, posters, and even on mugs. Below we list some photo papers that we consider to be among the best available on the market today.
Choosing a good photo paper can mean spending less time waiting for the ink to dry, which can make your job much faster. In addition, the quality of your prints will be very different, depending on the type of paper you choose to use.
Therefore, in the following Shopping Guide, we will try to provide all the tips on photo papers, so that you can choose the best option according to your objective.
What is Photo Paper?
Photo paper is a special type of paper for printing images. The quality, weight and effect of the paper are responsible for making the photos look more beautiful and faithful to the original image.
To perpetuate your moments on a paper, the ideal is this type, since normal paper is very sensitive and print quality is not good enough.
The advantage of using photo paper is especially in image quality, and of course, durability as well. Also, you can have different effects. You can choose between matte, glossy or others.
Its disadvantage is the price. Obviously it’s more expensive than traditional papers.
- Possibility to print in high quality, even from home
- Provides greater durability for your images
- You can achieve different effects with different finishing papers
- high price
Glossy, matte or satin photo paper?
If you have been looking for a photo paper for some time, you must have come across the words “matte”, “glossy” and “satin” during your search, and this is nothing more than the finishing of the photo paper. Let’s understand the characteristics of each one:
- Glossy: One of the favorites of users of photographic papers is glossy, which provides a more glossy finish to your prints. Some disadvantages of it are the fact that, when manipulating the prints, fingerprints can be left on them, and that it ends up producing many reflections, which is bad for those who want to expose photos, for example.
- Matte: Matte photo paper, on the other hand, does not allow fingerprints to remain on the prints or the light to produce a reflection on them, since it has no shine.
- Satin: Finally, satin photo paper has very similar characteristics to glossy paper, such as glossy finish and fingerprints that end up with the manipulation.
Its difference as to glossy is in relation to reflections because its surface does not reflect as much light, which is advantageous for those who want to use this paper in exhibitions.
See below what are the main differences between glossy, matte, and satin photo papers:
|Fingerprints||Get fingerprints||Leaves no fingerprints||Get fingerprints|
|Light effect||Many reflections||Does not produce reflections||Few reflections|
How to increase the durability of photo paper prints?
As many of these papers are sensitive to contact with your hands, it is important that you use cotton gloves for their handling, especially if it is a job that you do not want to be left with fingerprints.After all, the skin has an oiliness that, over time, can end up damaging the paper and reducing the durability of your prints.
In addition, some other factors can end up affecting the durability of prints, such as UV rays, for example, so if they are photos that you want to preserve, leave them in a picture frame that offers protection against these rays.
As much as most of them offer water resistance, it is important not to leave your prints exposed to moisture, so if possible, keep them with the air conditioner between 20 ° C and 30 ° C.
The price of a photo paper package can vary between R $ 80 and R $ 750, and although a more expensive product usually offers higher quality to your printing, it will also depend on other factors, such as your printer and the type of ink you use.The amount of paper in the package, the type of finish and the weight make the prices so different.
Therefore, it is important that you guide yourself by the price to get an idea of how much you are going to spend, but that you do not rely solely on that to make the choice of photo paper.
Where to buy?
Several stores on the Internet sell photo papers such as Amazon others. Buying online is a good option to find a wider variety of models available. For those who want to purchase photo paper in a physical store, the easiest way to find this product is in stationery stores.
Purchasing criteria: Main factors for evaluating a photo paper
Choosing good quality photo paper can make a huge difference in your prints. Below is a list of the main characteristics that this material must have:
- Fast drying
When buying a photo paper many people are unsure about the weight that appears on the packaging of these products. It is common that many do not even know this term.
This is a technical term that defines the density of the photographic paper, that is, the weight per m² of it, which normally has between 90 g and 350 g, and the use will depend on the resolution you want to obtain in your printing.
A recommendation regarding weight is that you check in your printer manual which are the weights that it prints, as some of them have restrictions regarding certain densities.
It is very important to know how a photo paper was manufactured so that you can better understand what effect it will have on your printing. These processes can be as follows:
- Coated paper: It is manufactured in several layers and gives greater clarity to the prints.
- Cast coated paper: It is only sold in smaller weights and has a glossy layer in addition to the layers of coated paper, to make prints with greater intensity in colors.
- Nanoporous paper: They have very small pores that make it have a smoother surface and that the final finish is very close to reality.
- Microporous paper: Its colors are very intense and it has excellent water resistance.
Another important feature to be checked on photographic paper is the drying of the print, as the ideal is that it occurs instantly so that you do not have to wait to be able to handle after it is printed.
This is also important so that you do not run the risk of damaging the print, because if the ink is not dry and you end up handling what was printed, you can ruin the final result and be forced to do everything again.
The size of the photo paper to be used should also be noted, as some printers do not accept paper of certain dimensions. Therefore, check your printer manual before purchasing this material.
A4-size photo papers, for example, are accepted by most home printers, while printing paper of other sizes can be more complicated.
People Also Search For
best photo paper in india
glossy photo paper
best photo paper for portraits
hp photo paper
best photo paper for ink tank printer
glossy photo paper price
professional photo paper
pearl finish photo paper
epson photo printing paper
best photo paper for portraits
glossy photo paper price
digital power photo paper
matte photo paper 4×6
moab photo paper
a sub photo paper
pearl photo paper
canvas photo paper
People also ask
What is the best photo printing paper?
Which paper is used for photo printing?
Which is better glossy or matte photo paper?
Do you need special paper to print photos?
Who makes the best photo paper?
How do I choose the right photo paper?
Can Epson printer print on photo paper?
What is the best weight for photo paper?
What is photo quality paper?
Why is matte more expensive than glossy?
Do matte or glossy photos last longer?
Which photo finish is best for framing?
What photo paper does Costco use?
How long does HP photo paper last?
How do you print on photo paper?
Is koala photo paper any good?
Which Epson photo paper is best?
What is the difference between photo paper and normal paper?
What is the best photo paper for inkjet printers?
What is the best way to print photos?
Where do I put photo paper in my Epson printer?
How do I print on 4×6 photo paper?
Why won’t my Epson printer take photo paper?