Top & Best Hypercaloric (Mass Gainer): How to choose the best supplement in 2022
Many people find it difficult to gain a few pounds and increase muscle volume. To gain weight, in addition to a balanced, nutrient-rich diet, you should practice physical activity regularly and include a high-calorie supplement.
But it is important to choose a good high calorie, otherwise there may be an increase in fat instead of lean mass. To help you find the ideal supplement, we have prepared a comprehensive guide on hypercaloric: Composition, benefits, mode of consumption and necessary care. Continue reading and learn more.
First, the most important
- The hypercaloric is a complete supplement, because it gathers carbohydrates of high glycemic index, proteins of high biological value, vitamins, minerals, amino acids, fats, fibers, among other nutrients.
- This supplement is indicated for underweight people (ectomorphs) and athletes who spend a lot of calories during their training.
- This supplement is sold in soluble powder that can be diluted with water, skimmed or whole milk. You also find hypercalorics with flavor, so that when you mix it with water or milk, it becomes a shake.
- The hypercaloric can be consumed at different times of the day: At breakfast (to avoid the dreaded catabolism), pre-workout (to give energy to exercise) and post-workout (to repair muscle tissue).
You may also like:
- Albumin: How to choose the best supplement in 2022
- Isolated Whey: How to choose the best supplement in 2022
- Creatine: How to choose the best in 2022
The best hypercalorics: The newsroom favorites
To help you find the ideal supplement for your diet, we have selected the best hypercalorics of the moment. However, it is important to note that these purchase suggestions do not replace the recommendation of a nutritionist or nutritionist.
- Consumers’ favorite high calorie
- A protein-rich hypercaloric
- The best hypercaloric for athletes
- The most complete hypercaloric
Although the name can scare some people, hypercaloric is the ideal supplement for those who want to gain weight, as it increases the supply of calories, carbohydrates, proteins, vitamins and minerals necessary for muscle mass gain.
The hypercaloric is synonymous with energy and willingness to train and the extra energy must be spent. To enjoy all the benefits of this supplement it is important to know how to include it in your diet. You can check this and other information in this Buying Guide. Good reading!
What is a hypercaloric supplement?
Hypercaloric, also known as pasta, is a food supplement that provides carbohydrates with a high glycemic index, proteins of high biological value, vitamins and minerals and the necessary supply of calories.
This supplement is indicated for those who need to gain weight and muscle mass, but cannot reach the necessary caloric and nutritional contributions with food alone.
The inclusion of hypercaloric should be done under the supervision of an endocrinologist or nutritionist, as only a professional will be able to establish the ideal dosage according to the nutritional needs of your body – after blood tests.
What is the composition of a hypercaloric?
Hypercaloric is a complete supplement, the main macronutrients that make up these products are:
- Carbohydrates such as Dextrose, Maltodextrin and Waxy Maise, in a concentration ranging from 60 to 80%. The nutrient is essential for mass gain, as it provides energy for exercise and improves the transport and use of proteins by the muscles. Depending on the type of carbohydrate – high or low glycemic index and slow or fast absorption – the hypercaloric can be used pre- or post-workout and as a substitute for a less important meal.
- Proteins such as Whey Protein (Concentrated or Isolated), Albumin, Casein, Soy Protein and Hydrolyzed Collagen. Most supplements offer a mix of fast, medium and slow-absorbing protein sources. Consuming a sufficient amount of protein is essential for repairing and building muscle tissue.
The hypercaloric also provides vitamins, minerals, amino acids and fats. These components are listed in the supplement’s composition.
What are the benefits of consuming high calorie?
Know some reasons why it is worth betting on a high calorie to gain muscle mass:
- Complete nutritional supply of carbohydrates, proteins, fats, vitamins and minerals, micro and macronutrients used in the maintenance of health as a whole, repair and physical development.
- Increased energy is essential to perform more intense workouts. Carbohydrates are quickly absorbed into the bloodstream and increase muscle glycogen levels, giving you gas to train and lift more weight.
- Muscle recovery and growth is guaranteed by the protein sources and amino acids present in the hypercaloric. These components promote the recovery of micro injuries in muscle tissue and growth.
Learn more about some advantages of consuming a high calorie in the table below:
- Promotes muscle mass gain
- Decreases catabolism and increases anabolism
- Promotes muscle recovery
- Increases training performance
- The recommended daily dose is high
- When calories are not consumed in full, fat increases
- Available in powder version only
This is a very common question among consumers. You must understand that no hypercaloric component is fattening – in isolation. However, the mode and time of consumption can influence weight gain.
When the consumption of calories is compatible with the expenditure, the individual gains muscle mass. However, if the energy consumption is greater than the expenditure, there may be a gain in fat mass.
Who should consume high calorie?
Hypercaloric is indicated for thin people who want to gain muscle mass – also called ectomorphs. The supplement is also used by athletes, such as wrestlers and bodybuilders, when they are on a diet to achieve greater body volume.
How to consume hypercaloric?
The choice of dosage and times to consume the high calorie depend on your goals and chosen product. You can consume the supplement at strategic times of the day for best results.
Our suggestion is to eat one serving in the morning to avoid catabolism, another serving in the afternoon and one last serving before bed (in this case it is important to choose a high calorie one in which carbohydrate and protein are slow to digest).
Another option is to take pre-training as a source of energy to perform physical activity. Finally, you can consume the high calorie in the post-workout to replace the nutrients lost during exercise and assist in the recovery of muscle tissue.
Our recommendation is that you dissolve the supplement in water or skimmed milk if you are going to consume it before and after training. At other times of the day, you can dissolve the supplement in whole milk or juice.
What are the different hypercaloric options?
Did you know that there are different versions of hypercaloric supplement? Check out these options below:
- MRP or Meal Replacement is a hyper caloric with a medium content of complex carbohydrates and a greater amount of protein and good fat sources. It can be used to replace a minor meal.
- Mass Gainer is the traditional hypercaloric, which offers a large amount of simple and complex carbohydrates, some sources of protein, a greater volume of fiber and good sources of fat. A serving of the product exceeds 400 calories.
- Standard is the simplest and most economical version of the supplement. The formula contains simple carbohydrates and proteins and in a smaller amount when compared to the hypercaloric Mass Gainer.
Can I associate hypercaloric with other supplements?
Although the hypercaloric formula is quite complete, you can combine it with other supplements to maximize results.
Try using the hypercaloric with an amino acid supplement like creatine. You will see much more strength during training and your performance will evolve a lot.
hypercaloric, how long does it take to notice the results?
Another common question among consumers is “How long does it take to start seeing the results of the high calorie?”
Let’s do some calculations. We know that the consumption of 3500 calories translates to approximately one kilogram of body weight. Let’s say you can get 500 extra calories from your high calorie every day. This means that at the end of a week, you would gain about 1 kg.
At the end of a month, you should gain about 4Kg of body mass. But remember, effective results are progressive and it is essential to associate the supplement with a diet rich in nutritious foods and intense physical training.
Is there any contraindication for hypercaloric?
The use of hypercaloric is contraindicated for those suffering from diabetes, hypertension or hypothyroidism. Anyone who has liver or kidney disease should also avoid consuming this supplement.
Even healthy people should consult an endocrinologist or nutritionist to ensure that there are no contraindications and risks before consuming the supplement.
What are the side effects of hypercaloric?
Although reports indicating side effects of using hypercaloric are rare, they do exist and you should be aware.
Since this supplement contains a lot of carbohydrates, you can watch your blood sugar levels rise. If there is a history of diabetes in your family, we recommend that you seek medical advice before starting to consume hypercaloric.
The consumption of a large amount of calories at once can also cause the person to experience muscle cramps, bloating and abdominal or intestinal discomfort. If this happens to you, try to split the dose of the supplement.
Purchasing criteria: How to choose the best high calorie
As you can see throughout the text, hypercaloric is present in all gyms, because it brings many benefits for those who get heavy on weight to achieve the desired body.
When choosing a high calorie, you should analyze and compare some characteristics that change from one supplement to another.
- Calories per serving
We hope that this content, you learn how to choose the best hyper caloric from the supplement store shelf. If you still have questions, leave a comment. Don’t forget to share this text with your friends at the gym.
Hypercaloric combines carbohydrate and protein in large quantities, so it is essential to assess the proportion of these macronutrients in the supplement you want to buy.
However, the supplement is not just made of carbohydrates and proteins, right? So it is important to evaluate all the components present in the supplement formula and their respective proportions.
Evaluate the percentage of carbohydrate in the composition of the hypercaloric – ranges from 60 to 80% – and check which are the sources of carbohydrates used by the manufacturer. Maltodextrin and Waxy Maise are obtained from complex carbohydrates, so the digestion of these components is slower.
Dextrose is obtained from a simple carbohydrate and is quickly absorbed, therefore it increases the level of glucose quickly, becoming a source of energy for easy and rapid assimilation by the body.
Did you know that some manufacturers use low quality carbohydrates and sugars to increase the supply of calories and carbohydrates and reduce the production costs of the supplement?
Supplements like this cause a large release of insulin in the body, resulting in high levels of glucose in the blood, which is not used in muscle anabolism and is stored in the form of fat.
It is important that the protein used is Whey Protein Isolated or Concentrated, as this macronutrient has good biological value and high digestibility. Albumin is also a good source of protein in terms of biological value, but it can be difficult to digest.
The supplement may also offer collagen, but this is not a complete protein. Most hypercalorics use a mixture of these types of protein.
The hypercaloric also provides a percentage of fats and they are important to achieve weight gain. However, they must be in low concentration, mainly saturated fats.
The percentage of fibers says a lot about the quality of the carbohydrates used in the composition of the supplement. The more fibers, the higher the index of complex and slow-absorbing carbohydrates. To digest the fibers, it is important to increase water consumption.
Supplements with a high concentration of sodium are never welcome, as this substance can cause cardiovascular problems. But this mineral must be present in the diet – food already provides the necessary daily dose.
You also find gluten and lactose-free hypercaloric options (stay tuned, in addition to Whey Protein, some manufacturers add powdered milk to the mix). Some products are also free of dyes and flavorings, being less chemical for your body.
Pay attention to the product labeling.
And stay tuned with the product labeling. Some supplements indicate the percentage of the components considering the product in natura or shaken with 250ml of whole milk – the milk adds proteins, carbohydrates and calories to the shake.
Calories per serving
One of the most important characteristics in a hypercaloric is the amount of calories provided per serving. And this characteristic varies greatly from one product to the next.
While one supplement provides 300 calories the other can provide more than 1000 calories. The best option is to find a supplement with a moderate level of calories – around 500 or 600 calories.
You can find hypercaloric options in packages of 1.5 kg, 3 kg, 4.5 kg and 6 kg. Take into account that each dose of the supplement varies from 120 to 160g, so the products offer 10, 20, 30 and 40 doses, respectively.
We recommend that you put the price of the supplement on the tip of the pencil and evaluate the cost per dose. And remember that some products suggest the recommendation of several doses a day. Avoid buying supplements too cheap, as the ingredients used may be of low quality.
The investment in a good quality high calorie is high and you will take the supplement almost every day, so it is essential to choose a product with a flavor that pleases your taste, otherwise you will throw away money.
You find products in traditional flavors like strawberry, vanilla and chocolate and different flavors like condensed milk, coconut, fruit smoothie, cookies and lemon pie.
Buying a high-calorie brand recognized in the market is a guarantee of investing in a good quality supplement. Thinking about it, we list the main national brands that offer good options of hypercalorics.
Are you in doubt about which hyper caloric which brand to choose? Compare the options in the table below:
|options||Mass Titanium e Femini Mass||Supermass e Sinister Mass||Mass 3200 and Mass Nitro|
|Weight||1.5 or 3Kg||3Kg||1.5 or 3Kg|
|Flavors||Traditional and diverse||traditional||traditional|
|calories per serving||592 a 604Kcal||599Kcal||448kcal|
|Carbohydrates per serving||131g (Maltodextrin and Waxy Maize)||131g (Maltodextrin, Dextrose and Waxy Maize)||90 to 96g (Maltodextrin)|
|Proteins per serving||17g (WPC, WPI e Colágeno)||17g (WPC e Albumina)||16 to 29g (WPC, collagen and soy protein)|
|Sodium||153 a 183mg||381mg (Supermass) or 3.000mg (Sinistermass)||270 a 375mg|
best weight gainer
dymatize super mass gainer
bsn true mass 1200
optimum nutrition pro gainer
best weight gainer for skinny guys
best mass gainer 2022
universal real gains weight gainer
world best mass gainer 2022