BBQ Grill: How to choose the best one in 2022?
Ah, a good barbecue! Few people do not admire good roasted meat. And to be successful in this type of preparation that has become a tradition in addition to the barbecue and the barbecue, another essential item is needed: the barbecue grill.
This product is very common in most barbecues and its functions are to support the food during cooking and ensure a smooth and juiced meat when ready.
But for this to happen it is essential to choose the correct grid and to assist you in this work you will find in this review all the information about this tool. Be welcome!
First, the most important
- The grill is an essential item for the success of the barbecue.
- There are several models and sizes of grill available and it is important to know which products you like to cook the most to choose the correct one.
- Usually they are produced in stainless steel, aluminum or cast iron, and the price varies between R $ 30 and R $ 700.
You may also like:
- Barbecue grill: How to choose the best one in 2022?
- Gas barbecue: What’s the best of 2022?
- Kit Caipirinha: What’s the best of 2022?
Ranking: The 4 best barbecue grills
Picanha, half of the wing, sausage, garlic bread and vegetables. These are just some of the products that can be prepared on a barbecue. But for that to happen and work it is necessary to have a good grill. Therefore, we have separated in the Ranking below the best models for you to choose your own, check it out:
A good barbecue grill must have as prerequisites to be of quality, to have easy cleaning and handling and to be produced with products that can withstand high temperatures and last a long time.
However, it is not always easy to choose an option that aggregates all of these factors. And if you’re confused by all of this, rest assured. In this Buying Guide we will present you all the information about this product and solve all your doubts, just keep reading.
What are the disadvantages advantages of the barbecue grill?
Regardless of the type of barbecue you are going to make, the grill is as important an item as the barbecue and the fire. She will be responsible for housing the food to be roasted.
A good grill has the advantages of allowing the food to cook properly and be long lasting, and can be used for many, many years. In addition, it does not promote holes in the food, making the juices of the meat remain and make it softer.
However, the cleanliness issue is something that sometimes leaves something to be desired. There are several options on the market where the fat ends up sticking to the grill and due to its design it is difficult to clean.
But the positive side is that there are already models that have reservoirs for grease, others that are produced with non-stick and also accessories such as brushes that facilitate this process.
Another great quality of the grills is the fact that they exist in the most diverse conformations and, thus, they are suitable for various products that go beyond the traditional meat steaks.
What are the different types of barbecue grills?
As we told you above, there are options for barbecue grills for all types of food and below you will find an explanation about all of them.
- Traditional grid : As the name says, this is one of the most common models. This grill has straight, spaced lines and a simple base that allows heat to spread quickly. It is ideal for grilling practically all types of meat and skewers during the barbecue and is already included in several barbecue models.
- Coin grill : This is another option that you have certainly seen in a barbecue. This model has a structure full of holes that resemble coins and that’s why it got its name. It is indicated for the preparation of whole pieces.
- Argentine grid: This grid has gained. It has channels that prevent fat from coming into contact with coal, making it ideal for those who do not want too much smoke during the barbecue.
- Grill grille : This model has rollers that, when moved, facilitate the positioning of the meat. With it it is possible to produce barbecues in the Argentine and Uruguayan style.
- Double leaf grill: This grill is ideal for roasting products that need to be stuck like fish, chicken and sausages. It resembles the traditional grill, however it is composed of a structure with a grill on top and bottom that come together. Some even get the name of fish grill, which have the same design and are aimed at this type of meat.
- Vegetable grill : This model has spaces that perfectly accommodate the vegetables and makes it possible to cook them correctly.
- Basket type grill : This grill is ideal for skewers and chicken hearts. It has a cylindrical shape, has straight lines spaced and has supports for food.
- Other options : There are also round grills, barbecue pans, hamburger grills and grill plates. They all work just as well as the other models.
Grill or skewer?
This is an old fight that crosses the states. If you go to Rio Grande do Sul you will surely find barbecues made only with skewers, while in São Paulo the grill is always the most chosen. However, what is the best option?
Know that both have different indications. The grill, for example, is ideal for roasting the whole meat without losing its juice. It is indicated for boneless foods such as picanha, maminha, sausages, cheeses and vegetables.
The skewer is the best option when it comes to meat with bone and more fatty as ribs. For them the skewer is ideal because they take longer to prepare. The skewer tends to make the meat drier since it causes holes in the food to be used.
In addition to a good grill, it is essential to know how far the food will be from the fire to have a quality barbecue. The smaller and thinner steaks and steaks should be close to the fire approximately 15 centimeters away from the ember.
Medium or slow-roasting pieces such as sausages, chicken and large pieces of meat should be within 30 cm of the fire, while larger foods such as ribs that take a long time to roast should be approximately 40 or 50 cm from the fire.
The value of a barbecue grill is variable and there are more affordable and more expensive options, and it is possible to purchase a more traditional model for an average price of R $ 30.
The options that have a higher price are those that are produced in differentiated materials and are more specialized such as parrilla and argentina. These have a price that can reach up to R $ 700.
Where to buy?
In physical stores it is possible to purchase a barbecue grill in establishments that sell kitchen items, hypermarkets and even butcher shops.
Online there is a greater variety of options, so you can find all kinds of grills. Some sites that have a wide range of models are:
- Free market
- Supreme Barbecue
It is also possible to acquire the options that are in our Ranking. To do this just click on the product and you will be directed to the website where it is for sale.
Purchasing criteria: Factors for comparing the barbecue grill models
So far you have learned everything about the barbecue grill and at that moment you will discover how to compare the models available on the market and make a good choice. Below we separate the points that you must take into account before closing the purchase, they are:
- Grill type
- Cable / Handle
Remember that above we show you all the grill models that exist? Focus that each one of them has an indication and to decide which is the best you should analyze which are the products that you most like to eat at a barbecue.
If you do not want smoke, the Argentine option is better than the traditional one, if you are a fan of rennet cheese and sausages, the coin grill is more worth it and if you are a skewer you can choose the basket type. Check the description and choose your type.
It is essential to choose a barbecue grill that is made of a resistant and long lasting material. The most common are stainless steel, aluminum and cast iron. Stainless steel ones do not rust and are resistant, but they tend to stick to the fat a little.
The aluminum option combines lightness, resistance and durability. Not to mention that aluminum is easy to clean and does not rust. The cast iron ones have the biggest advantage that the heat dissipates equally throughout it, so cooking is done more homogeneously.
In addition, there are some round ones that resemble pans that receive non-stick coatings. Thanks to it, cleaning happens in a simpler way and there is no possibility of the food sticking.
Did you know that to make cleaning the grill easier, you can cut a lemon in half and rub it on the still hot surface? In this process the lemon acid will spread and facilitate cleaning.
Before buying any grill, measure the size of your grill. This may seem silly, but you may be surprised at the variety of measures that the grids have and making mistakes can cause damage.
Go to the store or the website knowing the width and depth of your barbecue and always choose the one that best suits it.
Cable / Handle
Although it’s just a detail on your barbecue grill, don’t miss it. How is the grid handle or handle you want? They can be covered with wood or simply follow the same material used on the grill. It is still possible to find other types of coating.
It is worth mentioning that a coating is an additional protection to prevent burns. Wood is the most resistant of them.