How to choose the best brush for the foundation in 2022
After choosing a foundation with texture, tone and finish suitable for your face, your concern should be reduced to how to apply the product perfectly using the best brush for foundation.
Choosing a base brush suitable for cosmetics, provides a professional finish, while using an inadequate or low quality brush can ruin your makeup. To learn how to choose a brush for foundation, read on!
First, the most important
- Using a good foundation brush facilitates the application of the cosmetic, increases the adhesion of the product to the skin and allows a homogeneous application.
- There are three brush models for foundation. The Kabuki brush is ideal for base with light coverage, the Duo Fiber brush is perfect for base with medium coverage and the traditional brush is indicated for base with high coverage.
- Brands like Vult, Koloss, Belliz, Macrilan, Real Techniques and MAC offer excellent brush options for foundation.
You may also like :
- Makeup brush: Know how to choose the best of 2022
- Fan brush: How to choose the best model in 2022
- Makeup sponge: Which is the best of 2022
As the name implies, the foundation is one of the most important cosmetics in makeup, whether used in everyday life or on special occasions. However, many people find it difficult to apply the product correctly.
To make makeup with a professional finish, you need the best brush for foundation. With that in mind, we have prepared a Shopping Guide full of information about this product. Good reading!
Why apply foundation with brush?
Many women question why apply foundation with a brush instead of using your fingertips or a sponge. The answer is simple, the use of the foundation brush ensures superior results such as greater adhesion of the cosmetic to the skin, homogeneity and natural finish.
By combining a foundation with the correct shade, texture and finish with a good quality foundation brush, you can make a professional-finished makeup.
In addition, the foundation brush reaches all areas of the face, resulting in perfect coverage around the eyes, nose ends, scalp line and around the mouth.
By using a brush to apply the foundation, you also avoid wasting makeup, as unlike the sponge, the brush’s bristles hardly absorb the product.
You can find several brush models for the base, in a straight, rounded or diagonal shape, with natural, synthetic or mixed bristles, which are used for products in liquid, creamy or powdery texture.
Did you know that applying foundation with your fingertips is not recommended? The contact of the fingers with the product can heat the base, impairing the adhesion of the cosmetic.
What are the types of brush for foundation?
There are three brush models intended for basic application: Conventional brush – also called “Cat tongue” – Duo Fiber and Kabuki. Each model has different characteristics, indications for use and results.
It is not necessary to use the three brushes to achieve the perfect result, on the contrary, choose a brush for the base according to the cosmetic used and the desired coverage is sufficient.
Conventional base brush
The conventional base brush can be used to apply liquid or creamy base, with medium or high coverage. This model results in a less natural makeup finish.
This brush has firm bristles that require a certain skill when applying the foundation. However, the flattened shape allows you to reach more difficult areas, such as around the eyes, at the ends of the nostrils and on the scalp line.
The Kabuki brush is indicated for applying liquid foundation with smooth, medium or high coverage. It has a rounded shape that allows the application of makeup in circular movements, promoting homogeneous coverage and perfect finish.
Do not apply too much product or weigh your hand if you want a smooth finish. The Kabuki brush also serves to homogenize the makeup, just clean it and pass it in a circular motion over the applied base.
Duo Fiber Brush
If you want to buy only a basic brush, invest in the Duo Fiber brush. This model is very versatile, as it can be used to apply base on different textures and with different levels of coverage.
The brush inserts synthetic and natural bristles.
As the name implies, this brush inserts synthetic and natural bristles. Synthetic bristles are used to apply the product, while natural bristles are used to spread the product.
In addition to the composition of mixed bristles, another factor that makes this brush special is the possibility of making circular or linear movements to spread the base in the best possible way, covering even pores and scars.
How to use a foundation brush?
Using a foundation brush is very simple, just apply a few drops of the foundation directly on the face or put a small amount of the product on the back of the hand and wet the brush before applying the cosmetic on the face.
The product must be applied with the correct movement. Rounded brushes require circular movements, while straight brushes require application in linear movements.
Spread the base of the center to the ends of the face. This movement helps to standardize the makeup, avoid product accumulation in specific areas and ensure a perfect finish on the sides. Don’t forget to lower the brush to the neck and neck areas.
Is it better to use a brush or sponge to apply foundation?
As we mentioned earlier, the tool used in applying the foundation makes all the difference in the makeup result. And many women are unsure which is the ideal tool to apply the product: Sponge or brush.
The answer is that there is no right or wrong tool, but the brush that provides greater ease of application and a more beautiful result. To help you choose, we have prepared the comparative table below:
Purchasing criteria: How to find the best foundation brush at the moment
Some brushes are indicated for applying liquid foundation, others for creamy foundation and there are those that are used to apply powder foundation. In addition, each model provides a different level of coverage. To find the best base brush you need to take into account the purchase criteria listed below:
- Brush template and base texture
- Bristle material and desired finish
We will detail each of the topics throughout the section. Questions or suggestions? Leave a comment below:
Brush template and base texture
As we mentioned earlier, for each type of foundation – liquid, creamy and powder – and desired finish – smooth, medium or high coverage – you must choose a different base brush.
- Conventional brush has synthetic bristles, used to apply liquid or creamy base with good adhesion and high coverage. Anyone who has no practice with this brush, can leave some scratches on the base, as the bristles are quite firm.
- Brush type brush has a high concentration of natural bristles and anatomical shape, perfect for smudging liquid or creamy base, promoting uniform coverage and reaching all corners of the face.
- Kabuki brush is excellent for applying liquid foundation, but it also works on a powder basis. With this brush, even less experienced women will be able to try makeup with a high coverage and natural effect without difficulties.
- Duo Fiber brush combines two different types of bristles. While synthetic (light) bristles are used to apply the base, natural (dark) bristles are used to smudge the product and ensure a perfect finish. This brush can be used to apply bases on different textures.
- Round brush has a rounded tip, which simplifies the application of powder foundation. As this brush has a large volume of bristles, it is possible to apply a greater amount of product and result in a high coverage.
Bristle material and desired finish
Another characteristic that must be considered at the time of purchase is the type of bristles. Your choice should be between a natural bristle brush or synthetic bristle. Each type of bristle offers a different finish.
The brush with synthetic bristles can be used to apply liquid or creamy foundation with high coverage. The synthetic bristles absorb less product and allow to apply and spread the base precisely.
The natural bristle brush offers a smoother finish. Made with animal hair, it is perfect for applying a base with light coverage, as the soft bristles allow for a smoother product. It is important to mention that the base brush with natural bristles absorbs part of the product, generating waste.
To find the best basic brush, you must also analyze the brand of the product. To help you in this mission, we have organized a short list of the best makeup brush manufacturers.
- Common base brushes: Belliz, Koloss, Vult and O Boticário brushes stand out in the category of products with the best cost-benefit in the market.
- Basic brushes for professional use : These brushes are indicated for those looking for a tool with maximum quality and durability, especially for professional use.
Another feature that must be taken into account at the time of purchase is the price of the base brush. As mentioned in the previous item, a common base brush can cost between R $ 10 and R $ 50.
However, a professional brush can cost 10 times more. You can find options that cost between R $ 50 to R $ 220.
best foundation brush
best foundation brush for full coverage
types of foundation brushes
flat foundation brush
oval foundation brush
best kabuki brush
how to apply liquid foundation with a brush
foundation brush amazon
What is the best makeup brush for foundation?
How do I choose a foundation brush?
Is it better to apply liquid foundation with a brush?
Which brand of makeup brushes are the best?
What makeup brushes do professional makeup artists use?
Do you wet a foundation brush?
What is the best way to apply foundation?
What is the best tool to apply liquid foundation?
How do I make my foundation look smooth?