Top & Best Cake mold: How to choose the best one in 2022?
Hello! Welcome to mypricesaving.com. Today’s article is for you who love good homemade cakes and pies, but are unsure of which type of cake pan is best for your recipes.
Versatile, durable and resistant, cake molds are a wild item in any kitchen. They are ideal for preparing cakes, pies and puddings. The modern versions have innovative and colorful designs, being a wild item and indispensable in any domestic or gourmet kitchen.
Follow us on this reading and check out the best options of the product, in addition to the features you should pay attention to in order to make the best choice of cake shape for your recipes.
First, the most important
- Functional and versatile, the cake pan comes in different shapes and materials. To ensure that the chosen model fits your purposes, pay attention to details.
- The material, model and size of the cake pan must be defined based on the intended use. The choice will be a determining factor for the durability and efficiency of the product.
- Easily found, the cake can cost from R $ 10 on the most basic models. More sophisticated models, with special materials or designs can cost a few hundred reais.
You may also like:
- Electric oven: Which are the best of 2022?
- Cupcake Machine: How to choose the best one in 2022
- Mixer: What is the best for your kitchen in 2022?
Best cake shapes: Our favorites
A collection of quality cake molds is an extremely valued and desired item by those who like the art of confectionery. Contributing to an even baking and giving formats to the most diverse recipes, the shapes have non-stick versions and in unusual materials.
If you also want to choose the best cake shape for your collection, we will present the most interesting models of the product for sale in Brazil. Check out:
- Non-stick Aluminum Cake Pans – Tramontina
- Round Silicone Cake Mold – Mimo Style
- Cake Pan with Removable Non-Stick Bottom – Tramontina
- Chocolate Cake Mold – Ceraflame
Inspired by our Ranking? Then check out our Buying Guide, which will give you the most important information about cake shapes and their formats, indications for use, advantages and disadvantages, values and places of purchase.
We will also present topics on the features you should look out for in order to choose the perfect cake pan to suit your needs.
What is the cake pan and what are its advantages?
The cake pan, also known as the baking dish, is a very common kitchen utensil in the most varied cultures around the world. It is used to bake or bake sweet and savory pasta.
There are cake shapes in different models, shapes and sizes. The most traditional are the round models – with or without hole in the middle – with removable bottom, rectangular and square.
There are also decorated, fluted, heart-shaped options, with frieze patterns or other prints, which give the recipes a sophisticated look.
The most common material for making cake molds is aluminum. However, it is possible to find versions made with non-stick material, made of silicone, iron and ceramic.
Extremely versatile, the shape of cakes is a product that is practically only advantages. In addition to cakes, depending on the size and format, it serves for the preparation of several other recipes, both sweet and savory.
It can also be used in the refrigerator and freezer. Some materials even allow use in the microwave oven.
What are the different types of cake mold?
As the market offers many product variations, the choice can be complicated. Start by considering the main use that will be given to your form. From there, pay attention to the size, shape and material that will be best suited to your purposes.
Check the instructions for use and maintenance of the product carefully to make sure that they match your home routine. Check, also, the possibilities of cleaning your shape, if the material allows washing in dishwashers and which cleaning products are indicated.
Models with many details can be difficult to sanitize and are more likely to accumulate residues and rust, which can cause risks of contamination to food.
The shapes can be aluminum, non-stick, silicone or ceramic. And each of these has distinct characteristics. Check their details in the table below:
How do I use my cake pan?
Of course, you will not buy a new cake pan for each different recipe you decide to try. There are some tips that can help you ensure that you are using your shape correctly with a certain recipe.
Don’t know which shape size to choose for the dough? Observe the preparation vessel.
The shape must be bigger than the bowl where the ingredients were mixed. As the cake will grow, remember to always leave 1/3 of the free form for the expansion of the dough and proper baking.
Deeper shapes are ideal for common cake and pie recipes. For creamy recipes, choose shallow shapes. If you are preparing box recipes, pay attention to the manufacturer’s instructions for the ideal shape size.
The price of the cake pan varies according to the size, material and model. It is possible to find simple shapes starting at R $ 10. More sophisticated models of materials or special designs can cost more than R $ 100.
After choosing the desired model, use price comparison sites to find the best offer. The price of the same product can vary widely from one store to another.
Where to buy?
You can buy your cake tin in physical stores that sell household items, such as Camicado, Lojas Americanas, Etna, Walmart, among others.
It is also possible to purchase online, taking advantage of the convenience of sites such as Amazon, Mercado Livre and Fast Shop. In the case of online shopping, it is worth paying attention to the freight charges charged by the platforms. They can vary a lot according to the shipping region, size and weight of the product.
Purchasing criteria: Factors to compare the different cake molds
Finally, let’s go to the purchase criteria. We will bring features of the shapes you need to be on the inside to recognize a good product. After defining your need, consider the following aspects to choose the way that will best suit you:
- Size and Capacity
The shape material can alter the consistency of your cake’s dough, as well as the uniformity and baking time. Therefore, the choice must be careful. Check the characteristics of each material:
- Aluminum : Conducts and distributes heat well, it is ideal for baking and browning evenly.
- Non-stick : Usually in coated aluminum. The dark coated versions can darken the cake, bread or pie, and are not suitable for delicate recipes.
- Ceramics : Conducts heat very well, generating more golden results. Ideal for pies, fruit cakes, etc.
- Silicone : Material is not a good conductor of heat, so it does not brown or create crunchy edges like other materials. Non-stick, it is ideal for delicate recipes that need to be unmolded easily.
The cake molds are available in different models and formats. More than aesthetics, the use of the appropriate model is fundamental for the success of each type of recipe. The main models of cake form are:
- Baking dish : Straight and low-shaped, can be round, rectangular or have shapes like heart and star. Ideal for cakes, brownies and recipes in general that need a larger area in contact with the heat to bake.
- Form with hole or central ring : Classic format for cakes and puddings, allows the heat to reach the center of the dough, baking evenly. It may have a straight or rounded bottom.
- Removable bottom shape : Can be round or square and is ideal for recipes that will be unmolded like cakes and pies.
- Fluted shape : With or without a central hole, it is ideal for leaving details in the shape of preparations such as cakes, quiches and pies.
- Shape with hole in the middle or ring : The shape allows the heat to reach the center of the cake, baking it evenly. The round bottom is good for puddings and delicacies.
- Cupcake shape : Composed of small holes, it is ideal for muffins, cupcakes, mini quiches, tartlets, etc.
Size and capacity
The size of the cake shapes is measured by the diameter in the case of the round ones, or in centimeters, for other shapes. The capacity of the shape, of course, will be proportional to its diameter and depth.
Indicates how much the shape can handle with the finished recipe, remembering that the preparations expand during cooking.
The size and capacity of the shape must always match the recipe. Too large shapes can deform the cake making it too low, while too small can cause spills in the oven or leave the dough inside.
To have a base, check the pattern below, considering the measure in cups of ready and raw dough:
- Round 15 cm: 4 cups
- Round 25 cm: 11 cups
- With hole 20 cm: 6 cups
- With hole 25 x 9 cm: 12 cups
- Rectangular 28 x 18 x 5 cm: 6 cups
- Rectangular 33 x 23 x 5 cm: 14 cups
Check out more tips in the video of the Bolo de Pote channel – How to Make Cake in the Pot ?:
Finally, but also very important is the design and style of the cake mold. Many people like to serve their recipe in their own way, in which case, aesthetics matter a lot.
The ceramic cake pan, for example, is beautiful and sophisticated so that it is placed directly on the table to serve the food that you have prepared with such affection for your guests.
So, analyze this criterion and choose the one that will leave your recipe on a whim, besides being delicious.