Top & Best Dishcloth: how to choose the best in 2021?
Hello! Welcome to mypricesaving.com. In today’s article we will help you choose an article that is fundamental to the functioning of any kitchen: the dish towel.
Plain, printed, embroidered or barred. Dishcloth options are available for all tastes and uses. Thin and worked versions are ideal for decorating, while the simpler versions are ideal for everyday use, bringing more comfort and practicality to your home routine.
Follow us on this reading and check out the best options of the product, in addition to the features you should pay attention to to make the best choice of dishcloth for your home.
First, the most important
- The market offers thousands of dishcloth options. To choose the ideal, some factors must be considered before purchase. Define the main use of the cloth: day by day, to dry your hand, sink cloth, to handle hot objects, decoration, etc.
- Material, model, and ease of cleaning and sanitizing are some of the main characteristics to be evaluated when purchasing the tablecloth.
- Prices are quite varied. The fluctuations occur according to the material and the chosen brand, in addition to other details: embroidery, lace, finishes and prints. You can find simple cloths for less than R $ 3. The most luxurious and worked versions can cost more than R $ 50.
You may also like:
- Placemat: How to choose the best in 2021?
- Dishes game: How to choose the best in 2021?
- Cookware set: How to choose the best model in 2021?
Best Dish Towels: Our Favorites
Whether to dry your hands, dry the dishes, help support a hot pot or remove something from the oven, the dish towel is always necessary in the kitchen. Whether in the most basic versions, even the most colorful or thematic ones, they can also bring more life to your kitchen.
To help you choose, we will present some of the most interesting models of the product for sale. Check out:
- Set of cloths for every day of the week
- Dishcloth for those who love cupcakes
- Excellent set of cloths
- Excellent microfiber dishcloth
- Set of dish towels for each day of the week
Now that you have checked the suggestions on our list, let’s go ahead in search of the ideal dish towel. After all, a kitchen is not usable unless at least one unit of this product is available.
To ensure that your kitchen only receives the best samples available on the market, check out our Shopping Guide, section where we will talk a little more about the product and its uses, and we will give you tips to identify the version of this item that best meets your needs.
What is dishcloth and what can it be used for?
The dish towel is a trousseau piece that can have several uses in the kitchen. In addition to drying the dishes, the dish towel is used to dry your hands and clean and dry the sink.
It can also be used to handle roasting pans, casseroles or hot pots, in addition to removing food from the electric or conventional oven.
In addition, a clean dish towel can always be an alternative to remove excess liquid from some foods, such as cheese or wheat for kebab. It is also an excellent alternative to cover dishes and containers with food while waiting to serve.
How many dishcloths do you need at home?
The amount of cloths you need in your trousseau varies a lot with the frequency of use of the kitchen, the number of people in the house and the frequency with which you will wash the dish towels. Ideally, you should keep three tea towels in use in your kitchen simultaneously:
- To dry the dishes ;
- For sink cloth , which will be used to clean stoves, dry sinks and countertops;
- For hand cloth , used to dry hands and handle pots or trays.
So that the cloths are not confused with each other, choose different colors or styles for each function. Hand cloths, for example, can be further worked with crochet nozzles or other applications, since they will also play a decorative role.
Sink cloths, in turn, can be the simplest, and even older ones, as they will face heavier tasks. To dry, prefer the most absorbent, cloth or cotton models.
Since they will be in constant contact with moisture, food residues, etc., the dish towels must be replaced with some frequency, to avoid the proliferation of bacteria and contamination in the kitchen. The ideal replacement is:
Considering the table above, and the number of times a week you will need to change your cloths based on your usage routine, you will be able to calculate how many tea towels will be needed in your closet, also taking into account the frequency with which they will be washed.
Always consider having one or two cloths more than necessary to maintain the routine of exchanges and washes in case of exceptionalities in the routine.
How much does it cost and where to buy dish towels?
Dishcloth values can vary greatly depending on model, material used and product design. You can find simpler versions starting at R $ 3. More sophisticated models, with embroidery or applications, may have much higher prices.
You can buy your tea towels at physical stores that offer bedding and bath products and home utilities.
It is also possible to purchase online, taking advantage of all the convenience and variety that e-commerce sites such as Amazon.
Purchasing criteria: factors to differentiate a dish towel from another
Now that you know a little more about dish towels, their functions and uses, it’s easier to choose without fear, right? But so that there is no doubt that you are practically an expert on the subject and will choose your dishcloth well, we will present some characteristics that you must pay attention to in order to make the best choice. Are they:
- Colors and details
- Cleaning and hygiene
Are we going to get to know each of these characteristics in depth? Check it out below!
The dish towel can be manufactured in a variety of types of fabric. Each fabric presents greater or lesser absorption, in addition to being more suitable for a type of task or usage profile. Discover the most popular materials in the manufacture of the product:
- Cotton: with high absorption power, easy to find and affordable. It is the preferred material for the manufacture of tea towels.
- Linen: a little more expensive, it is resistant and soft to the touch;
- Towel: highly absorbent, has a shaggy appearance. It requires care, as it can release lint and threads over time;
- Mixed fabric: composed of a mixture of linen and cotton. Combines cotton absorption with linen resistance;
- Microfiber: the material divides opinions, as absorption depends on quality. While good quality microfiber cloths absorb well, bad quality cloths just spread the water without absorbing it;
Colors and details
The choice of colors and details of the dishcloth can be based solely on personal taste. Try to choose cloths that match the style of your kitchen, especially if it will be hanging in plain sight. For kitchens with more neutral furniture and coverings it is possible to dare in colors and prints.
Already in rooms with more loaded decoration the ideal is the choice for more basic cloths, without many details, prints or strong colors, which can end up overloading the look of the room.
For day-to-day use, prefer simple cloths, without embroidery, barred or lace applications. Leave these models to decorate or to use as a hand cloth, as the wear will be less. Also prefer predominantly white models, as the maintenance and removal of stains will be easier.
Cleaning and hygiene
As it will be used in the kitchen with direct contact with dishes and food, the dishcloth will be constantly exposed to residues, drips and drops of sauces, drinks, etc., so it will need to be washed and sanitized very often, even to avoid proliferation of microorganisms and contamination in your kitchen.
Therefore, give preference to models that are 100% washable and resistant, so that they do not get damaged and lose their characteristics easily. For more practicality, choose the fabric that has washing instructions closest to the other pieces of bed, table and bath in your home.
So you do not need to pay special attention to dish towels when washing.