Easel for painting: How to choose the best in 2021
Paints, brushes, painting and easel. Painters and designers need these four items to make their works. In today’s article we will talk about one of them, the easel for painting.
Vertical supports, usually in the form of a tripod and tilt mechanism, the easels for painting are basically used to support the canvases during the artist’s work. They can be made of wood, steel or aluminum.
The easels for painting help to prevent paint from spilling and accumulating dust on the painting, besides, of course, keeping the canvas in an easy position to visualize what is being painted. In the text below we will give you tips for choosing the best easel to call your own. Come with us!
First, the most important
- The easel for painting is an extremely important accessory for any artist and designer. Whatever the type of work you are going to do, investing in a good easel is an essential part of the process and an excellent cost benefit, since it is an article that usually lasts a long time.
- The easel helps provide stability when painting the picture. Having a suitable support for your canvas influences even the accuracy of brush use when painting.
- The use of the easel for painting contributed to the posture of the painter, in a better visualization of the work and prevents the fall of dust while waiting for the paint to dry.
You may also like:
- Aquarela: What are the best options in 2021?
- Colored pencils: Discover how to choose the best model in 2021
- Magnetic board: How to choose the best in 2021?
Ranking: The 3 best easels for painting on the market
Thinking about your comfort and the quality of the painting easel are the two main factors at the time of purchase. The easels below are the best and most popular currently on the market.
- If you paint different sizes, choose a more robust model capable of supporting both the smallest and the largest frames;
- If you don’t have a lot of space at home, or where the easel will be used, choose a model that is easy to assemble and disassemble and make sure you have some corner to store it properly after use;
- If you paint in watercolor, invest in an easel that can be adjusted more horizontally, this way you can prevent the paint from running.
There are easels for painting at different prices on the market. Here you need to think about how much you are willing to invest and what your goal is. Depending on the material and what is available, the easels can reach up to around R $ 2,500.
These more expensive models are the bigger and heavier ones, made with noble reforestation wood and commonly used in art studios, or by painters who provide more space.
On the opposite side, there is the easel for painting the table or the smaller ones that cost from R $ 20 on average. If you are looking for a medium, good, resistant and more affordable model, you can find excellent painting easels starting at R $ 80.
Where to buy?
Finding the ideal easel for your painting is very easy, you can find the ideal model without even leaving your home. In online stores such as Amazon, among others, it is possible to find some models.
There is also a wide variety available in stores specializing in painting articles, also sell easels for painting, you may not find many models, but if you want something more basic, it may be a good option.
Purchasing criteria: Factors to evaluate on a painting easel
Before investing in a painting easel it is essential to think about some points that can help you make a more assertive choice. Are they:
- Ink Type
Keep reading to learn more about each one.
There are different models of easels for painting on the market. Your choice will depend on the size of painting you paint and where the easel will be. These are the most common:
- Tripod Easel : One of the most popular among artists, both amateurs and professionals, this type of easel is very practical. It is light, easy to close, transport and store. In addition to being quite stable and supporting screens of different sizes.
- Studio Easel : Slightly heavier than tripod easels, this painting easel is most often used in art studios or studios, places where there is no need to close and store them after use.
The studio easel is more stable and, due to its height adjustment, it has larger screens. Due to their weight, some models have casters, which facilitates transport.
- Outdoor easel : Perfect for working outdoors, this painting easel is light and easy to transport. It can be found in wood, aluminum or metal and generally its weight varies from 1 kg to around 2.5 kg.
- Table Easel : Designed for small canvases, this easel for painting is light, easy to transport and, as suggested, is to be placed on the table. It is ideal for artists who prefer to paint while seated. They can be made of wood or metal.
The design concerns the shape of the painting easel, basically there are three most common types: tripod-based painting easel, with H-frame or with multiple purposes.
The tripod-based painting easel consists of crossbars responsible for making it stable and a mechanism that allows adjustment without impairing the stability of the legs.
The H-frame painting easel is designed with two parallel vertical rods and a horizontal support, forming the letter H. The angle of the easel can be adjusted according to the painter’s needs.
Finally, the multi-purpose painting easel is basically a mixture of the tripod easel and the H structure. It has several adaptations, including rotational, horizontal and vertical adjustment. In addition to armor responsible for securing the screen more safely.
Here the decision will be based on the space you have to use the easel for painting and the size of the canvas you usually paint. If the space is small, as well as the choice of frame, the best option is the table easel.
If the canvas is medium to large, but the place of use is not that spacious, choose an easel that is easy to store. If the easel is in a large environment and does not need to be kept every time to vacate the space, invest in a larger one.
The type of paint you usually use should also be taken into account when choosing the easel for painting. Most easels work very well for acrylic and oil-based paints.
Because they are in an upright position or more inclined forward, the dust hardly falls on the canvas and this does not affect the drying of the painting.
If you prefer to use more liquid paints, or your work is basically done in watercolor, choose an easel that allows you to leave the canvas at a more horizontal angle.
professional artist easels
tabletop easel for painting
how to choose an easel
painting easel for sale
table top easel
How do I choose an easel?
Is it easier to paint on an easel?
Do I need an easel to paint?
What is the best easel for watercolor?
Do I need an easel for watercolor?
How do you make an easy easel?
How do you use an easel to paint?
What is a French easel?
Why is easel painting important?