Top & Best Hermetic jar: How to choose the best in 2021?
Hello! Welcome to mypricesaving.com In today’s article we will talk about the airtight jar, the ideal option for storing and preserving cookies, sweets, toast and cereals, jams, preserves and much more. With the ability to completely isolate food from the external environment, they have high preservative power, keeping food with its original flavor and texture for longer.
Follow this review to the end to check the best product options, in addition to the features you should pay attention to to make the best choice of airtight pot for your home.
First, the most important
- Sealed in the lid, hermetic jars are available in different models and materials, which help to conserve food and maintain freshness and flavor.
- Model, material, type of lid and capacity are some of the characteristics that you must observe to choose a suitable pot.
- There are models in different price ranges, ranging from R $ 5 to R $ 100, depending on the brand, material and design of the pot.
You may also like:
- Electric lunch box: How to choose the best one for you in 2021
- Thermal cup: How to choose the best model in 2021
- Tupperware: How to choose the best for you in 2021
The best airtight pots: The newsroom favorites
Ideal for storing food and various items, hermetic jars can still help you decorate the kitchen. Therefore, choosing a quality product is essential. Check out our selection with some of the best airtight pot models:
- The best airtight pot kit
- To go from the fridge to the table
- With classic design
A beautiful and intelligent kitchen is one that is functional, using its own utensils and accessories to enrich and decorate the room. And nothing better than good airtight pots to efficiently store and preserve your food and still give a beautiful aspect of beauty and organization to the kitchen.
Check out our Buying Guide to learn everything about this accessory and know how to choose the perfect model to compose your collection of utensils for the kitchen and make it more practical and functional.
What is the airtight pot and what is it for?
The airtight jar is a type of vessel that can be made of glass, plastic, acrylic and other materials. It has a cover equipped with a rubber layer that seals the air intake.
This air block protects food from deterioration caused by the external environment, prolonging its durability and freshness.
It is the very ideal type of pot for storing cookies, sweets, toast, cereals and condiments, as its high conservation power contributes to the items maintaining their original flavor and texture.
Why use airtight pots?
In addition to the fact already mentioned that hermetic jars totally isolate the stored content from the external environment, making it last much longer and avoiding waste, they are also very practical.
As most models are transparent, there is no need to open the airtight jar to check its contents, which again contributes to the conservation of the items. Very beautiful, they are ideal for being exposed in the kitchen, helping to decorate the environment.
The pots also remove the risk of spilling or leaking food, as the lids offer excellent sealing, keeping the contents sealed and totally closed inside the pot.
They are extremely resistant, being able to go from the freezer to the microwave , as well as the refrigerator and dishwasher , making you gain a lot in time and practicality in the kitchen.
How to use the airtight pot?
Using the airtight pot is no mystery. Clean and sanitized, it is ready to store food in the best way. And taking advantage of it properly can help you save money by reducing waste. See other uses for the pot:
- Freezing : Leftovers, portions, semi-finished foods. If frozen as quickly as possible with airtight containers, the taste, color, and nutrients will remain as if they were fresh;
- Decoration : Bet on the sets for a visually standardized and pleasant effect;
- Organization : Use stackable pots for better distribution and optimization of space on shelves, drawers, cabinets and countertops;
- At the table : Pots are a great way to serve chocolate, cereals, cookies and others without the original packaging, but keeping a container that will serve both to serve and to store.
What to store in airtight jars?
An extra airtight jar is never overkill in a home. This is because this tool can be used to store almost everything in the kitchen. Cakes, cookies, chocolates, chocolates, jams, sauces, spices, toast, cereals, grains are some of the options to be kept and preserved in this container. The pot is also ideal for:
- Jams and jellies : Prefer glass jars that are sterilizable;
- Coffee powder : Pot will keep the powder’s freshness and aroma longer;
- General groceries : Rice, beans, flour, popcorn and other groceries will be free of weed and moisture;
- Small objects : Nails, screws, hinges and iron items in general will be free from oxidation and rust;
- Candies and sweets : In addition to beautifully replacing baleiros, airtight pots will keep ants and other insects away;
- Homemade seasoning : Even without preservatives it will last longer in an airtight jar;
- Spices : Like coffee, spices will maintain their aroma and freshness for longer.
Where to buy and how much does the airtight pot cost?
You can buy airtight pot at home utility stores like Havan, Etna and Lojas Americanas.
It is also possible to purchase online, taking advantage of all the convenience and variety that e-commerce sites such as Amazon and Mercado Livre offer.
The values of the pots vary according to model, brand and size. It is possible to find simpler versions for less than R $ 10. On the other hand, sets, larger models and different designs can cost more than R $ 100.
Purchasing Criteria: Factors to compare the types of airtight pot
To conclude the Review, now that we have given you enough information about airtight pots, we will give you one more hand so that you can make the right pot choice in your kitchen. Check the list of features you should be aware of when comparing the types of this product:
- Cap Type
Check the details of the characteristics, so that there is no doubt:
The usage goals can be the most varied for an airtight jar. So it is a good thing that the market offers so many options for different formats and models.
The most used materials in the manufacture of airtight pots are glass, stainless steel, ceramic, acrylic and plastic. In general, all these materials are resistant to cold and heat, being suitable for use in the refrigerator, freezer, microwave and dishwasher.
In the case of plastic or acrylic pots, make sure that the material of the chosen model is free of bisphenol-a (BPA), a compound used in the production of plastics that is harmful to health. Also, ensure that the product is manufactured from “virgin” raw material, free from contamination.
The material must be non-toxic and fully sterilizable. Antimicrobial protection is another desirable feature for the product.
The lid is the most important component in an airtight jar, in terms of sealing capacity and food preservation. It is the lid that determines whether your pot will provide you with a perfect seal or a lot of headache.
Therefore, after evaluating the material that the pot is made of, carefully analyze the lid, its model and the quality of the seal it offers. The most common types are:
- Screw cap : Generally metallic, they have excellent sealing. Widely used in glass for preserves, jellies, etc;
- With single lock and rubber : Closing system is simple and efficient, with vintage air;
- Silicone sealing and side latches : Common in plastic or glass jars, it has a very safe seal;
- Silicone sealing and top lock : Common in plastic or glass pots, it has a little less efficient seal due to the fragility of the top lock.
Before buying your vacuum pot, try to define the main uses for the product. If it is to be used to store items in large quantities, or to be used on shelves, cabinets or other specific locations, take measures to ensure that the product is of a size and capacity compatible with its use.
As the pots are available with a wide range of formats, capacities and sizes, finding the ideal version for your needs shouldn’t be a problem.
best jars for pickling
best size mason jar for pickles
airtight glass jars
best mason jars for drinking
best canning jar lifter