Top & Best Siphon: How to choose the best in 2020?
Welcome to you who search mypricesaving.com for information on choosing a siphon. We will teach everything necessary so that buyers do not make mistakes when buying the product on the internet or in the traditional market.
There are many types of siphon and if you buy the wrong version that doesn’t fit the pipe you can get headaches after all. No need to worry, because we will teach everything to anyone who wants to purchase the right productions.
See what are the variations of siphons. Learn how to choose models with less costs and more benefits. Understand how the details of your search for offers that are really worth should be.
First, the most important
- Siphon is a type of product that is available in different formats and materials. Each version adapts to a specific project.
- In the simplest siphon installation, the curvature should allow the existence of an ideal siphon to prevent the appearance of bad pipe odors.
- Siphons with a cup do not require specific curvatures to make the siphoning process perfect.
You may also like:
- Kitchen tap: What’s the best of 2020?
- Bathroom Faucet: How to choose the best in 2020?
- Bathroom cabinet: What are the best models of 2020?
Best siphons: Our recommendations
In this section we will present some siphon offers that are successful in Brazil. Take the time to learn technical details useful in helping you make the best product choices.
- Deca Siphon
- Meber Siphon
- Tramontina double siphon
- Sollux accordion trap
Can’t you stand the bad smells in the kitchen or bathroom anymore? For this reason, is your search for an efficient siphon? Then see now how to make the best purchase by following the content of our Guide.
Here you will learn how to choose the ideal siphon for your need that fits in your pocket.
What is a siphon?
The siphon is a piece that connects the pipe with the drain of washbasins, tanks or sinks. It consists of metallic or PVC materials. There are different siphon formats that work for specific projects.
All siphons have a common mission: not to allow gases or bad smells from the pipeline to access the environment. There are many offers of the product manufactured by national or international brands.
How does the siphon work to prevent a bad smell?
In order to function perfectly and avoid bad pipe odors, the siphon must be installed correctly. To install the part there is a need to allow siphoning.
In the specific cases of siphons, siphoning is a kind of curvature responsible for generating a certain amount of water in the lower region of the pipe, which in practice avoids bad odors. The siphon may or may not be present in the environment.
How to install siphon?
First of all you need to choose a siphon that adapts as perfectly as possible to the installation environment. For example, to install in the bathroom it is worth using the folding siphons, which generally take up less space.
Now let’s go through the step by step on how to install a more popular plastic siphon:
- At first you need to turn off the water supply.
- Remove the old siphon from both entrances (sink and drainpipe).
- Using a saw, cut the pipe 2 cm larger than the distance between the sink and the sewer inlet.
- Fit the siphon into the sink and then place a valve adapter over the fitting . Thread everything until the part is firmly in place. Do the same thing when connecting to the drainpipe.
- It is important to ensure that the siphon has an S-shape that allows for the accumulation of water that prevents the smell of bad odors from the sewer in the environment.
To install a siphon you do not need tools, glues and connections. See how easy it is to check out the following video:
What are the advantages of a siphon?
You need to know better the advantages and disadvantages of the siphon before you go shopping. Let’s go to the positive side. There are many materials available for this type of piece, some options cost low prices and have plastic in the composition.
The metal versions have a little more resistance and do not cost much higher prices compared to plastic products. It is also worth mentioning that there are not many difficulties to install and can be done on your own.
There are also different versions of formats that adapt perfectly to different types of spaces available.
But we can not fail to mention the confusion generated in the minds of users because of the excess of siphon versions. Even some specialist professionals may be confused when choosing a version for a specific project.
It is important to buy a quality siphon, otherwise the fearsome and unexpected break in production can happen, generating an unpleasant smell that contaminates the entire environment.
Some versions do not have adapters, which is harmful for certain installations. Take a look at the table below in order to better understand the advantages and disadvantages of siphons:
What are the different types of siphon?
Basins, washbasins, tanks, sinks, in short, the siphon serves to be installed in different environments and meet the most varied needs. Only there are several types and you need to buy a version that fits your project.
The main types of siphon are flexible, articulated, rigid siphon with cup, accordion and accordion with cup. The definitions of the various siphon versions are as follows:
- Flexible siphon : Known as one of the most popular models at an affordable price, this model is useful because it is malleable. It also offers more flexibility to correct any problems with misalignment.
- Articulated siphon : The articulated siphon can also have popular prices, depending on the brand and the quality of the materials in the composition. This structure works to make small corrections or misalignments not very large between the water outlet and the piping.
- Rigid siphon with cup : This version is widely used in bathrooms or places with little space. It does not need the curvature and has a straight shape with an engineering in the body itself to perform the siphoning. There are productions of the genre that even have height adjustment.
- Concertina siphon : It is among the most flexible siphon versions and corrects misalignments. There are a lot of price variations as there are options with one, two or even three valve inlets. The production has the cup that does not need to worry about curvature for siphoning.
- Concertina siphon with cup : Since it has a resistant cup, the concertina siphon does not require the siphoning effect on the tube, which consequently helps a lot to facilitate cleaning. It is the version that has a lot of flexibility of use against the problems of misalignment.
See the table below that compares the various types of siphon:
In the general market average, siphon prices range from R $ 100 to R $ 300 or a little more. The famous brands cost higher prices, as do the metallic versions when compared to plastic structures.
The number of outlets present in the siphon is also an impacting factor in pricing, the more openings the higher the price. Siphon with cup consists of choosing higher costs.
Where to buy?
If you want to buy a siphon by going to the store in a personal way, it is recommended to visit construction shops However, it can sometimes be difficult to find many choices.
To facilitate your power of choice, it is valid to buy a siphon on the internet and take advantage of the varieties of models available in the best stores, some of which are: Amazon.
Did you know that in order to make the siphon more durable, it is necessary to perform maintenance from time to time?
To do this, unplug the siphon from the tubing and sink. Using cleaning products remove the waste and then reinstall. Clean the siphon at least once a year.
Purchasing criteria: Factors to compare the different siphon models
When people don’t know the product they want to buy, it’s almost always the same. Salespeople push various offers and we buy on impulse after falling for the salespeople.
Don’t fall into a trap. Before buying compare the siphon offers according to the following criteria:
See below for more information about the concepts listed:
Before purchasing a siphon you need to pay attention to the number of outlets for the piping and the number of drain valves.
Since there are several drain valves and only one outlet to the sewer, it is necessary to use a siphon with double or triple inlets.
On the other hand, if the number of outlets and valves is similar, you can use individual siphons, that is, they have only two inlets.
The most economical siphon versions have a white color and a resistant plastic composition.
For those looking for a more resistant and reinforced structure, we recommend the versions with silver tones that are chrome or metallized structures.
Will the siphon be too exposed in the environment? Then choose the articulated productions that have a design different from the conventional standard and more resistant.
One of the advantages of buying a siphon with higher prices in the market is the presence of adapters. They are indispensable to facilitate the installation procedures in the most different places only on the basis of manual tightening.
Adapter siphons are also known to adapt easily when coupling to other plastic or metallic siphons.
Conscious consumers know how to use numbers to their advantage. On the market there are kits that can have from 5 to up to 10 units in just one package. This way you can pay cheaper in each unit.
If you need several units of the same siphon version to install at home, commercial or industrial places, it is recommended to buy the siphon kits.
It is important to measure the distance between the water outlet point of the sink and the pipe connected to the sewer system. If you buy a much larger version there is a need to cut and make adaptations, which can make installation difficult.
However, when purchasing a siphon much smaller than the distance between the water inlets you need to use connectors to connect with another siphon and ensure efficient installation.
To avoid headaches, measure the space to buy the perfect siphon. These were the lessons on how to buy siphon with maximum perfection. Now it’s your turn! Consider all the teachings you learned in the Guide and go shopping.