Sunscreen with color: How to choose the best for your skin in 2021
Have you ever heard of colored sunscreen? For those who don’t know it yet, this dermocosmetic acts as a sunscreen and makeup base – and performs both functions very well.
You can find sunscreen options with color in different shades, textures and coverage levels. Do you want to know more about the dermocosmetic that takes care of your skin while beautifying it? Continue reading this article.
First, the most important
- You find the sunscreen with color in different colors. Products are generally categorized into light, medium and dark shades. You also find sunscreen with universal color, which adapts to your skin tone.
- The product acts as a base for light, medium or high coverage. For those who want light coverage, we recommend the sunscreen with a fluid texture color. For medium coverage use a cream colored sunscreen and for high coverage bet on the mousse version.
- The colored sunscreen is suitable for the skin of the face, so the sun protection factor is superior. You find options with SPF 30, 50, 60 and 70.
You may also like :
- Facial sunscreen: How to choose the best in 2021
- Sunscreen: How to choose the best in 2021
- Children’s sunscreen: See the best products of 2021
The colored sunscreen simplified the beauty routine of women. This dermocosmetic combats the sun’s rays, inhibits the appearance of expression lines, wrinkles and blemishes, while evens out the tone and texture of the skin.
You can use colored sunscreen daily, regardless of the weather season. Find out all the benefits, how to apply and tips on how to choose a colored sunscreen in this Buying Guide.
Why should I use a colored sunscreen?
The use of colored sunscreen should be a daily habit. The product is responsible for protecting the skin from UVA and UVB rays, preventing the appearance of sunspots and consequently of stains, dryness, premature aging and skin cancer.
It has dual function, that is, it is chemical and physical sunscreen. The chemical filter is the product in its composition and the physical filter is the shade that reflects the visible light – coming from lamps and electronic devices.
The colored sunscreen protects against UVA and UVB rays. UVA rays penetrate the deepest layers of the skin, accelerating skin aging. UVB rays, on the other hand, affect the superficial layer of the skin (epidermis) causing redness, burning, burns and sunspots.
Find out more about the product in the table below:
- Protects against UVA, UVB and visible light
- Works as makeup
- Different shades: Light, medium, dark and universal
- Options in different textures
- Can be used daily
- Stimulates the habit of using sunscreen
- Compact packaging, perfect for carrying in your bag
- Can be used by women and men
- It’s an expensive product
- You don’t find options for all skin tones
- Not suitable for beach and pool use
- Does not offer the same duration on the skin as a conventional sunscreen
What are the differences between a colored and colorless sunscreen?
The colorless sunscreen protects against UVA and UVB sunlight, forming a barrier that prevents against premature aging and skin cancer.
The colored sunscreen, in addition to protecting against the sun’s rays, also defends the skin from visible light, that is, the luminosity that comes from lamps, televisions, computers and cell phones.
Often overlooked, visible light causes less damage than the sun’s rays, but it has a cumulative effect, that is, in the long run, it can cause spots on the skin surface.
Are colored sunscreen and sunscreen base the same product?
No. The colored sunscreen prioritizes the health of the skin, protecting it from sunlight and visible light, while evens out skin tone, smoothes imperfections and offers natural coverage at discharge. The sun protection factor is high – SPF 30 to 70.
In contrast, the base with sunscreen is a cosmetic that prioritizes skin beautification. Offers low sun protection factor – SPF 15 or 20.
Is there sunscreen with color for the body?
It is more difficult to find sunscreen with color for the body. For anyone looking for a product with this proposal, we recommend the golden sunscreen with Carrot & Bronze effect.
The product has a creamy texture, copper tint and illuminating effect. Offers protection factor 30 and medium durability. But stay tuned, this cosmetic soils light clothes (but does not stain).
How should I use colored sunscreen?
To enjoy the benefits of colored sunscreen, you must apply the product correctly. It is essential to clean the face and neck with a soap suitable for your skin type. Then proceed to apply the sunscreen:
- With clean fingers, spread the colored sunscreen over your face with a few taps to ensure good coverage.
- Another option is to use a lightly moistened makeup sponge or a foundation brush to distribute the colored sunscreen well.
- Don’t forget to apply colored sunscreen to transition areas such as ears, neck and hairline. That way, you guarantee naturalness to the appearance of your skin.
Apply 30 minutes before leaving the house.
Apply the product 30 minutes before leaving the house. Reapply every two hours if there is sun exposure or three times a day if you stay indoors.
Purchasing criteria: How to choose the best sunscreen with the color of the moment
With the hectic routine, applying sunscreen before applying makeup can be a nuisance. An alternative is to use a colored sunscreen, a dermocosmetic that protects your skin while beautifying it. To choose the ideal product, evaluate the following product characteristics:
- Sun Protection Factor (SPF)
- Other presentations
We will detail these purchase criteria throughout this section. If you liked this article, be sure to share it with your friends through social networks.
You find the sunscreen with color in different shades. Most brands work with a progressive shade scale – light, medium and dark. Others offer a sunscreen with a universal tone, adaptable to skin tone.
But with the popularization of colored sunscreen, manufacturers are launching products with a greater variety of shades. Some products are available in six color options, for example.
Sun Protection Factor (SPF)
You can find colored sunscreen with a sun protection factor of 30, 50, 60 or 70. A sunscreen with SPF 30 is enough to protect the skin against sun exposure in everyday life.
However, those who invest in a sunscreen with a higher SPF, can stay for a longer period with the product without having to reapply it.
“SPF is the index that determines how long a person can stay in the sun without producing redness on the skin and is directly related to sun exposure.”
It is important to choose a sunscreen with a texture suitable for your skin type.
- For normal skin , we recommend a product with a mousse or serum texture.
- For dry skin , choose a cream textured product.
- For mixed , oily or acne-prone skin, the fluid, gel-cream or mousse versions are the best, as they help control the skin’s oiliness.
With the advancement of technology, colored sunscreen has stood out for offering ingredients that serve to firm the skin, increase elasticity, lighten the spots, moisturize the skin, among other purposes.
- Lightening effect prevents, corrects and covers skin spots. Dermocosmetics with a whitening effect have a micro-exfoliating action, which removes the hyperpigmented cell from the skin.
- Progressive lifting effect helps to protect the skin from the action of free radicals and harmful effects of UVA and UVB radiation, blue light and visible light. The result is a renewed skin, free of expression lines and wrinkles.
- Anti-acne effect is ideal for those who have skin with a tendency, presence or history of acne. The product constricts pores, controls oiliness and has a drying effect with recurrent use.
In addition to the sunscreen with a cream, mousse or fluid texture color, you can find the product in other presentations. The stick-colored sunscreen is perfect for those who practice physical activities daily, as it is resistant to water and sweat.
Another option is the compact powder version. The product can be used after the cream colored sunscreen, to ensure dry effect. It is perfect for those who want to reapply sunscreen throughout the day but do not want to remove all makeup.
When buying a colored sunscreen, invest in a quality product. We recommend purchasing a dermocosmetic from one of the large laboratories. We compare the best options in the table below:
People Also Search For
tinted sunscreen for body
tinted vs untinted sunscreen reddit
tinted sunscreen india
how to tint your sunscreen
dewy mineral sunscreen
coola tinted sunscreen
tinted sunscreen for dark skin
tinted sunscreen with iron oxide
colorescience tinted sunscreen
oil-free tinted spf
tinted mineral sunscreen for dark skin
zinc oxide facial moisturizer
non nano zinc oxide face sunscreen
zinc oxide sunscreen gel
best korean sunscreen with zinc oxide
glowy sunscreen face
best tinted sunscreen uk
tinted sunscreen : target
tinted sunscreen ulta
sunscreen 8 spf
elta md tinted sunscreen walmart
elta md tinted sunscreen ulta
tinted sunscreen la roche-posay
neutrogena tinted sunscreen
tinted sunscreen cerave
sun bum tinted sunscreen
best tinted sunscreen drugstore
dermablend pigment drops
la roche-posay tinted sunscreen
cerave tinted sunscreen
tinted moisturizer with spf
top 10 skin care magazines
best sunscreens for face
best sunscreen for tanning
best sunscreen in india
best sunscreen consumer reports
best drugstore sunscreen moisturizer
neutrogena ultra dry-touch sunscreen spf 55
People also ask
Is tinted sunscreen better?
Can I use tinted sunscreen instead of foundation?
What is the best sunscreen to wear?
Is SPF 30 enough for Indian skin?
Which sunscreen is best for daily use?
Is it safe to use SPF 50 everyday?
What are the worst sunscreens?
What is the best sunscreen 2020?
Is SPF 30 or 50 better?
What is the best tinted sunscreen for face?
How much SPF do you need for face?
What is tinted sunscreen for?
What sunscreen do dermatologists recommend?
How do you apply sunscreen to your face?
Do you have to wash off tinted sunscreen?
How do I keep sunscreen from clogging my pores?
Does tinted sunscreen clog pores?
How much zinc do you need in sunscreen?
Can you mix sunscreen with foundation?
What is the best tinted moisturizer with sunscreen?
Is tinted sunscreen makeup?
What is the healthiest sunscreen?
What is the best smelling sunscreen?
Which is best sunscreen cream?
Which SPF is best in India?
Which is the best SPF cream in India?
Which is the best sunscreen for dry skin?
Is SPF 50 good for skin?
Can we apply sunscreen directly on face?
Does sunscreen go on first or last?
Is it bad to wear sunscreen everyday?
Can I skip moisturizer and use sunscreen?
Should I use SPF 30 or 50 on my face?
Which Heliocare product is best?
Which is best sunblock or sunscreen?
What does PA +++ mean?
How do you make tinted sunscreen?
Is Belo tinted sunscreen safe?
How do you apply tinted sunscreen?
Is invisible zinc good for your skin?
Is tinted moisturizer enough?
Are chemical sunscreens safe?
What SPF to choose for skin?
Is SPF 15 good for face?
When should I apply sunscreen on my face?
Is BB cream a sunscreen?
What does tinted mean?
What should I look for when buying sunscreen?
What ingredients should I avoid in sunscreen?
Is Neutrogena sunscreen good?
What does sunscreen do to your face?
Which Lakme sunscreen is best?
Can I use micellar water to remove sunscreen?
Do makeup wipes remove sunscreen?
Can you wash off sunscreen with just water?
What is the best sunscreen for acne prone skin?
Which sunscreen is best for oily skin?
Does sunscreen make your skin darker?
Is skin tint better than foundation?
Do you need to wear sunscreen if you don’t go outside?
Can I mix foundation and moisturizer?
Can I wear oil under sunscreen?
How long should you wait to apply foundation after sunscreen?
Which is the best tinted Moisturiser for mature skin?
What are some really good tinted moisturizers?
What can I wear instead of foundation?
Can I use tinted sunscreen instead of foundation?
Is tinted sunscreen bad for skin?
Can tinted sunscreen replace foundation?