Face towel: What is the best choice in 2021?
Needing to choose face towels but don’t know where to start? You came to the right place, your online shopping guide. The face towel is an indispensable part in everyday life. Present in the vast majority of most homes around the world, it can come in different materials, models and sizes.
But to find an ideal model for your needs, you need to know the characteristics of this product well. Follow this article and check out tips, information and curiosities, to choose your face towel without fear of making mistakes.
First, the most important
- The market offers thousands of face towel options. To choose the ideal, define the location and profile of users, to choose the most suitable color and size.
- Material, weight, model and details of the part are some of the characteristics to be evaluated at the time of purchase.
- Prices are quite varied. The fluctuations occur according to the material and the chosen brand, in addition to other factors such as embroidered details, lace and finishes in general. It is possible to find simpler towels from R $ 5. The most luxurious and worked ones can cost more than R $ 100.
You may also like:
- Bath towel: How to choose the best in 2021?
- Shower curtain: Choose the best one in 2021?
- Bathrobe: What is the best model in 2021?
The best face towels: The newsroom favorites
In addition to drying with softness and smoothness, the face towel can compose the decoration of your bathroom, making it much more complete and cozy without spending much. We have selected some of the coolest towel models available on the market to inspire you. Check the list:
- Fluffy, bulky and highly absorbent
- To paint or embroider
- A 100% cotton version
After washing your face, brushing your teeth or washing your hands, nothing better than a clean, very absorbent, soft towel with a soft touch to dry your skin. That is why it is important to invest in good face towels, which can do all of this for you, and more.
Check out our Buying Guide to know everything about this product, which is a mandatory presence in the layette, but which can also bring much more life and color to your bathroom.
Face towel: How to choose the best one?
The face towel is made of different materials, whether natural, synthetic or mixed. It is necessary to define the frequency and main use of the towel to choose the most suitable model.
Since the towel needs to be washed frequently, pay attention to the quality as a whole. Check the manufacturer’s specifications to find the material that best suits your needs. Check out tips for choosing the ideal towel:
- If you live in very humid regions , prefer thin towels and less weight, which will dry more quickly;
- Smaller weights are also ideal for carrying in bags and suitcases for trips, outings, swimming pool or gym;
- Short thread towels are less soft and shed;
- Longer strands are softer and do not shed;
- Avoid excessive embroidery and lace , which can cause discomfort and skin irritation.
How to wash and care for your face towel?
So that your towels do not lose their softness and last longer, some care with washing and storage is necessary. Check out tips:
- Wash separately: Friction with other types of garments and fabric in the washing machine wears out the fibers and can form small balls;
- Soap and water in size: Consider the actual volume of clothing. Too little soap doesn’t wash right. So, if you use a lot of water, there will be dilution and, consequently, little soap. Use the correct amount for the load of towels to wash.
- Softener without exaggeration: Excess product can waterproof the towel, leaving it less absorbent and reducing the effectiveness of washes;
- Use vinegar: White vinegar (alcohol or apple) returns the softness of the towels and leaves no smell. Use a cup of tea for each full washer, replacing the fabric softener.
- Shade and fresh water: Do not wash towels in warm or hot water. Heat can damage the fibers. Also avoid using dryers, drying towels in the shade;
- Iron not even thinking: Ironing without steam removes the softness and reduces the useful life of the towel. The steam iron leaves the towel moist, causing mold and a bad smell.
How often should I change the face towel?
Keeping the face towel clean and dry is not only a matter of comfort, but also of health. Always in contact with moisture, body secretions and dead cells, towels are the perfect medium for the cultivation of fungi and bacteria.
Face towels need to be cleaned and changed frequently.
So face towels need to be cleaned and changed frequently. There is no consensus among experts on the ideal time to replace the face towel. If it is used by just one person, 5 to 15 uses can be made before it is necessary to wash the part.
If the towel is for community use, the ideal is that the change is made daily, or at most every 2 days.
Did you know? A good alternative to eliminate microorganisms and make the towel safe to use for more days is to dry it in the sun.
But as the sun can harden the fabric and fade the original color, the secret is thrift. Leave the piece in the sun for a while, and then let it finish drying in the shade, in an airy place. Thus, the towel will remain new for a longer time.
How many face towels do I need in my trousseau?
To wash and change your face towels properly, it is essential to have a number of spare parts to use while the others are washed. To define the ideal number of towels for your home, consider:
- Number of inhabitants or bathrooms / toilets;
- Frequency of washing clothes.
Depending on the dynamics of the house, the towel can be used individually or shared. With this account in mind, the ideal is that for each bathroom and / or inhabitant there are at least three face towels in the house.
Thus, while one is in use, another will be in the laundry room and the third will be used as a backup in the closet.
How much does it cost and where to buy the face towel?
The price of the face towel varies according to model, brand, material and product details. It is possible to find basic pieces from R $ 5. More sophisticated models, with lace and embroidery applications, may have much higher prices.
You can buy your face towel at physical stores specializing in Bed, Table and Bath products, among others. It is still possible to find the product in large department stores or hypermarkets.
It is also possible to purchase online, taking advantage of the convenience of e-commerce sites such as Amazon.
Purchase Criteria: Factors for comparing face towel models
Below we will present some characteristics for which you should be aware when comparing models, types and brands of face towel for your home. Are they:
- Details and embroidery
Below is the details of these characteristics, so there is no doubt:
There are face towels manufactured in the most diverse types of material, among natural fabrics and synthetic fabrics. However, the most common material is cotton, which has a high absorption power, is soft and easy to maintain.
Towels made of mixed cotton and polyester fabric are also popular, which are cheaper but of inferior quality. They may be less soft, have low absorption and may be rough with washes.
In addition to the material, the type of yarn used in the face towel also influences the quality and absorption power. The main types of yarns used in the manufacture of towels are:
Details and embroidery
Finishes in crochet, embroidery, lace, and applications are some details that can make your face towel and the decoration of your bathroom more charming, refined, and unique.
But although these details make a big difference in the towel, they can make the piece more expensive. Carefully evaluate the cost-benefit of the options.
The weight of washcloths is measured in g / m². The characteristic indicates the number of grams of cotton fiber per m² that exist in the material used.
The heavier the weight, the heavier and thicker the towel, and the softer and softer the touch of the garment.
Weight influences quality and price. Face towels with heavyweights are more expensive, but they last much longer if properly cared for.
If you value quality, choose towels weighing between 400 g / m² and 600 g / m².