Top & Best Cleaver Tramontina: Which is the best in 2021?
Hello! Welcome to mypricesaving.com. In today’s article we will introduce you to the cleaver to Tramontina, the ideal option for anyone who is passionate about cooking or barbecue. Tramontina cleavers are available in different sizes and models. Resistant and practical, they are made with first-rate raw material, which guarantees their durability and quality.
Follow us on this reading and check out the best options of the product, in addition to the features you should pay attention to in order to make the best choice of Tramontina cleaver for your collection of knives.
First, the most important
- Tramontina offers more than 20 models of cleavers. Choose according to your needs, usage goals and preferences.
- The model, size, material and design are some characteristics to consider when purchasing.
- The values of Tramontina cleavers vary according to the model, size and material of the product. You can find simpler versions starting at R $ 15. More sophisticated versions with special materials and designs can cost more than R $ 150.
You may also like:
- Damascus steel knife: How to choose the best in 2021?
- Magnetic bar: What is the best option in 2021?
- Chef’s knife: What’s the best in 2022?
Best cleavers: Our recommendations
A good cleaver can be used for years. Therefore, choosing the right model is a task that deserves attention. Therefore, knowing the particulars of the models is essential to choose the version that will best suit you. Check out our selection with some of the best Tramontina cleaver models to inspire you.
- The most durable product
- The best carbon steel cleaver
- The best option with natural wood handle
The knife, the saying goes, is the extension of the cook’s hand. And for those who are not afraid of all types of preparation in the kitchen, a quality cleaver is an extremely necessary and appreciated item. And nothing better than a Tramontina brand to guarantee the durability and quality of your cleaver.
Check out our Buying Guide and stay on top of everything you need to know to choose the perfect Tramontina cleaver for your needs.
What is the Tramontina cleaver and what is it for?
Cleaver is a type of knife with a wide, flat blade, whose name originates from instruments manufactured in cutlery. The blade of the cleaver is rectangular, with cutting edge on one side only. The shape of the tool resembles an hatchet, which makes the tool a little intimidating for ordinary users.
There are light, medium and heavy versions of the cleaver. The main function of the heavy version is to cut hard meat or bone and cartilage. It also serves to peel coconut, nuts and other hard ingredients.
The intermediate and light models are very popular in oriental cuisine. They are ideal for cutting seasonings, vegetables, fruits and vegetables. Of proven quality, some brand cleavers even have a 5-year warranty.
European or Chinese style: What is the best option for the Tramontina cleaver?
The cleaver is available in different formats, which can basically be grouped into two categories: the European cleaver, popularly known as the meat cleaver and the Chinese cleaver, also called vegetable cleaver. The choice of the ideal model should be based on your intended use.
The most striking feature of the meat cleaver is that it has a very thick blade back, which makes the instrument a heavy knife. The extra weight behind the blade is intended to make it easier to cut bones and joints from meat, or large, very hard vegetables and fruits.
Because it has very specific uses, meat cleaver is sometimes considered expendable in most domestic kitchens, where cutting bones is not a very common task.
The Chinese cleaver, also called the Chinese chef’s knife or vegetable cleaver, is much more versatile and can be a substitute for the chef’s knife. Light and with a very sharp blade, it is ideal for several types of cuts, especially those that require precision, such as slices, cutting vegetables and fruits with julienne and chopping herbs.
What is the best way to use the Tramontina cleaver?
After choosing the ideal type of cleaver for your kitchen, there are some basic precautions that you need to take for your safety and also to ensure that the product lasts longer. Check out the tips:
- Always use the cleaver on a cutting board , preferably of wood or bamboo, materials that help to maintain the blade edge;
- Avoid using the cleaver on ceramic countertops or glass boards . These materials cause friction and damage the cutting edge;
- Wash and dry the cleaver as soon as you finish using it, to prevent it from getting wet for a long time and developing spots on the blade;
- For safety, do not take your hand when the cleaver falls ;
- When storing your carbon steel cleaver, protect the blade with some oil , which will reduce the possibility of oxidation. Olive oil is one of the alternatives;
- Keep the cleaver in a dry, cool and safe place, away from children.
How much does it cost and where to buy the Tramontina cleaver?
The price of the Tramontina cleaver can vary a lot according to the model, material and size. You can find the simplest ones for values starting at R $ 15. Larger, more complete and sophisticated models can cost more than R $ 150.
You can buy your Tramontina cutlass at physical stores specializing in culinary utensils. However, it is on the online platforms with Amazon, or even on the brand’s website, that the greatest variety of models and offers are available.
Purchasing criteria: How to compare Tramontina cleaver types
Now that we’ve talked a lot about Tramontina cutlery and its models, we will list some of the important features in a good product, so that you can compare and recognize the best cutlery option for you. Are they:
- Cable type
- Blade type
Below we will explain in detail each of these topics.
The traditional cleaver model may have a hole in the blade, which allows the utensil to be hung. In addition, it may show slight curvature in the blade. The oriental version has a very straight blade, and is used to prepare fish, meat and vegetables. Apart from these differentials, the cutlass can be of the type:
- Light: Cleaver used to cut more delicate foods, such as vegetables and some types of cheese;
- Medium weight: Heavier, this cleaver is indicated for chopping vegetables and meats. It can also be used to grind spices and meat and cut large pieces of cheese or cold cuts;
- Heavy: Suitable for heavier tasks, such as cutting meat with bone. Using this model requires more attention, experience and skill.
All Tramontina cleaver handles were developed with anatomical and ergonomic shapes, in order to provide more safety in handling. They can be made of:
- Natural wood: With a polished finish it gives a certain rustic touch to the cleaver;
- Rustic wood: Finished with aluminum rivets. In addition to providing very comfortable handling, it makes your kitchen much more beautiful;
- Fiberglass polycarbonate: With good impact resistance, it is highly durable, so you have a cleaver in your home that will remain beautiful for much longer;
- Polypropylene: Available in gray, black, off white and white, it is comfortable and easy to handle. Can be used in the dishwasher.
The brand works with two types of blade:
Carbon steel: High quality carbon steel blade with protective varnish finish. Material is subjected to a heat treatment that guarantees quality in the cutting edge, essential quality to separate the meat from the bones;
Stainless Steel: The blades of the knives in this material receive different heat treatment, consisting of tempering, sub-zero and tempering. In addition, the material has a hardness of 55 and 58 HRc., Resulting in greater resistance and durability of the cutting edge.
The size of Tramontina cleavers is expressed in inches. The most traditional models are between 6 and 8 inches. As already mentioned, in addition to the size of the knife itself, it is also necessary to pay attention to the dimensions of the blade.
The thicker blades tend to be heavier, and are suitable for rough cuts. The lightest ones can be quite versatile.