Top & Best Electric knife: How to choose the best model in 2022
Today we are going to talk about a tool that will make your daily life in the kitchen much more practical: the electric knife.
It is very easy to use the electric knife, just plug the device into the socket, press the on / off button, touch the blade to the food you want to cut, it does everything else on its own.
In addition to facilitating its work, the electric knife leaves the slices in the desired thickness, without crumbling the food. If you are interested in this product, continue reading this article.
First, the most important
- To ensure efficiency and durability of the electric knife, the blades should ideally be made of stainless steel.
- One of the most important characteristics of an electric knife is the power of the motor, which can be 100, 120, 350 or 450 Watts.
- An essential feature of an electric knife is the safety lock, which prevents the device from being activated without you noticing it.
You may also like:
- Knife set: Which are the best of 2022?
- Bread knife: How to choose the best one in 2022?
- Santoku knife: How to choose the best one in 2022?
The best electric knife models: Our choices
Anyone who likes to cook knows the importance of a good knife. What many people don’t know is that nowadays you can buy an electric knife, an appliance that cuts and slices food effortlessly.
To help you find a good electric knife, we have listed the three best models for you to know and choose the best option for your day to day. Check out the products in the Ranking below:
- A versatile and safe option
- The ergonomic electric knife, for righties and lefties
- A practical option for everyday life
Everyday cooking can become much more practical when you have the right utensils in hand. One of these pieces is the electric knife, an electronics more useful than you think.
But many people do not know this equipment, nor the qualities that it has. With that in mind, we have prepared this Buying Guide with all the advantages of purchasing an electric knife for your kitchen.
What is an electric knife?
Cutting and slicing food seems to be a simple activity, but it can become a complicated task, especially if you have hard meat or partially frozen food at hand.
In this case, the electric knife emerges as an excellent alternative, because although its main utility is to cut, slice and untangle meats, it can also be used to cut other foods such as fruits, vegetables, breads, cold cuts and even desserts.
How does an electric knife work?
What are the advantages of an electric knife?
Practicality : It is very easy to use an electric knife, you just need to insert the blades, plug the device into the socket and activate it using the on / off button. Then just touch the knife and press lightly.
Ergonomics : The handle of the electric knife is ergonomic, which facilitates the use of the appliance. It doesn’t matter if you are right-handed or left-handed, this accessory is very easy to handle.
Safety : The electric knife has a safety lock that prevents the blades from being triggered by accident. This factor is especially important for those who have children at home.
Durability : Because they are made of stainless steel, the blades of the electric knife will not rust. But to ensure the durability of the product it is necessary to keep the cleaning and maintenance up to date.
Easy to clean : To clean an electric knife is very easy, you only need to press the button that releases the blades of the handle, wash them with neutral detergent and running water, dry and store the equipment.
Modern design : The electric knife will make your kitchen even more beautiful. You can find models with white, black or red cable. As it is removable, the electric knife fits in any corner of the kitchen drawer.
How to use an electric knife?
As we mentioned earlier, the electric knife is very versatile as it can be used to cut and slice different foods. But for each of them, there is a different technique of handling the knife. Check out:
- Frozen meats : The electric knife stands out when it comes to frozen foods. The tip is to place the piece on a wooden board, hold it firmly, touch the knife without pressing and let it move back and forth.
- Roasted meat : For the slice not to lose its consistency and crunchy topping, use the knife diagonally. If the model allows the exchange of blades, use the finer and serrated.
- Cold cuts : With the electric knife, the cold cuts will come out all the same and in the thickness you want. For cheese and ham, which are soft, use the knife horizontally. In sausages or harder cheeses use the back and forth motion.
- Fruits and vegetables : To cut these foods, prefer the blade without a saw and use the back and forth movement diagonally. The softer fruits and vegetables should be cut with one pass.
- Breads : To cut breads use the saw blade. For harder breads, such as Italian bread, slide the blade back and forth. For softer breads, such as “sovado” or Portuguese bread, just touch the knife.
- Desserts : For the presentation of the dessert to be impeccable, use the flat blade. If your knife only has a serrated blade, keep the knife very straight and apply pressure to cut the slice in one pass.
What care should I take with the electric knife?
In order not to damage the electric knife, care must be taken with the equipment. One is to use the knife on a wooden board, avoiding other surfaces such as metal, ceramic or marble.
To keep the blades sharp, avoid using the electric knife on very hard food and never use it to cut bones. To slice frozen foods, it is best to wait for them to partially thaw.
If you are going to cut cooked or roasted meats, wait between 10 or 20 minutes for the broth to concentrate on the bottom of the piece, this way it is easier to cut it without cutting it.
How should the electric knife be cleaned and maintained?
When cleaning the electric knife, remove the two blades from the base (some models have their own button for this function), then unlock them from the part that serves to join them and wash with water and detergent.
How much does an electric knife cost?
An electric knife costs, on average, R $ 120. If you want a model with two sets of blades and support for the device, you will need to invest a little more, something around R $ 500.
Some models are sold in sets with other parts, such as mixer and food processor and cost over R $ 200.
Where to buy an electric knife?
Purchase Criteria: Factors to compare the different models of electric knife
Now that you know all the benefits of having an electric knife in your kitchen, the tricks for cutting different foods and some cleaning and maintenance tips, it’s time to find out what criteria should be analyzed at the time of purchase:
- Extra features
We will explain each of the items listed above throughout this section.
A characteristic that changes from one electric knife model to another is the power of the engine. The most basic devices have around 100 to 120 watts of power, but they do the job.
If you prefer a more powerful device, look for a knife with 350 or 450 watts of power. Also analyze the voltage of the product, which must be adequate to the electrical current in your home.
Some models of electric knives come with two sets of blades, one model with and the other without saw. The sawless set is ideal for slicing fruits, vegetables and desserts and the sawless set is suitable for roast meats and breads.
When buying an electric knife, make sure it has a mechanism that locks and unlocks the base blades with just one touch. An advantage of this function is that it prevents the equipment from turning on if the blades are not properly seated in the base.
It is also worth evaluating what the blade locking mechanism looks like. It must be, at the same time, firm to prevent the blades from loosening, but simple to unlock when cleaning.
When buying an electric knife, make sure that the appliance has the following extra features:
- Pulsar button : To give more pressure when cutting hard food.
- Drain : To drain residues of roasted meats or fruits.
- Removable blades : For easy cleaning and storage of the device.
- Security lock : To prevent the device from turning on without you noticing.
People Also Search For
cek 40 electric knife
electric carving knife
electric knife that cuts through bone
commercial electric knife
black and decker electric knife
black and decker ek500b 9 inch electric carving knife
best electric knife for brisket
cordless electric knife
best electric carving knife uk
cordless electric carving knife
buy electric knife
black and decker electric knife
best electric knife uk
vonshef electric knife 10 inch
breville electric knife
cuisinart cek-40 electric knife australia
black and decker ek500b
cuisinart cek-30 electric knife
black and decker ek700
electric knife vs meat slicer
best electric knife america’s test kitchen
top rated turkey carving knives
best carving knife 2018
cordless electric knife for meat
cuisinart cek-40c electric knife
gastroback electric knife
cek-40 electric knife
sonic blade cordless rechargeable knife
cuisinart cek-50 cordless electric knife
People also ask
What is the best electric knife on the market?
Is an electric knife worth it?
What is the best carving knife to buy?
Will an electric knife cut through bone?
How do you sharpen an electric knife blade?
Who makes the best electric carving knife?
Can electric knife cut raw meat?
Can an electric carving knife cut frozen meat?
Can you cut bread with an electric knife?
What knives does Gordon Ramsay use?
How do I choose a carving knife?
What knives to professional chefs use?
What kind of knife can cut through bone?
What does a butcher use to cut meat and bones?
Does Walmart carry electric knives?
How do you sharpen a serrated knife without a tool?
How do you fillet a perch with an electric knife?
How do you sharpen electric hedge trimmers?
How do you sharpen a serrated knife blade?
What do you use an electric knife for?
How do you sharpen a fillet knife blade?