Double sheet with elastic: How to choose yours in 2022?
If you are looking for a double sheet with elastic, but do not know where to start to choose the best option, this article is for you. Indispensable to make the bed ready for use, comfortable and inviting, the double sheet with elastic is practical and easy to use, being the best option to guarantee a comfortable night.
Follow us on this reading and check out the best options of the product, in addition to the features you should pay attention to in order to make the best choice of double sheet with elastic for your bed.
First, the most important
- The market offers hundreds of options of sheets with elastic for double bed. To choose the ideal, choose according to the height of the mattress, as well as the style of the bedroom and the layette with which the sheet will combine.
- Measures, material, model and form of washing are some of the main characteristics to be evaluated when purchasing the double sheet with elastic.
- Prices are quite varied. Fluctuations occur according to the material and brand of the product, in addition to other factors such as embroidered details, lace, finishes and prints. You can find simpler sheets for less than R $ 30. The most luxurious and worked ones can cost more than R $ 500.
You may also like:
- Single sheet with elastic: How to choose the best in 2022?
- Mattress protector: How to choose the best in 2022?
- Skirt for bed box: How to choose the best in 2022?
Best double sheets with elastic: Our recommendations
If you are having trouble choosing the double sheet with the ideal elastic to make your outfit, making your bed even more delicious, we have separated some suggestions from the most popular versions of the product on sale to inspire you in your search. Check out:
- The best model in cotton knit
- The best microfiber sheet with velvety touch
- The best percale option with combed threads
The double sheet with elastic fulfills a function far beyond aesthetics, it protects you from direct contact with the mattress, prolonging its useful life. It is also the most practical way to keep the bed always lined and stretched, ready for bedtime.
To choose the ideal sheet model with elastic for your double bed just follow us to the end and learn everything about this important layette item.
What are the advantages of a double sheet with elastic?
Available in several colors, prints and materials, double sheets with elastic offer many options for you to choose according to your preferences. When made of quality material, elastic sheets are very durable and – in general – easy to maintain, being just a little more complicated to fold than versions without elastic.
If washed and stored properly, good quality double-sided elastic sheets can last for many years. The biggest advantage of the model is that it is well secured and adjusted to the mattresses, avoiding the risk of loosening during the night, becoming dented or tangled, which can be annoying during sleep.
The elastic sheet also serves as a mattress protector.
In addition, the elastic sheet also serves as a mattress protector. As it is close to the padded surface, the sheet creates a barrier between the environment and the mattress, keeping it free of dust and impurities and reducing friction and wear.
There is also the advantage of the elastic sheet composing the decoration of the bed. Found in different shades, most options can be purchased in games, creating a very beautiful composition for the bed.
Single or game: What type of double sheet with elastic ideal for my bed?
The double sheet with elastic can be purchased separately or in kits that come with pillowcases, sheets, covers, etc. The advantage of the kits – known as bedding sets – is that you have the opportunity to purchase perfectly coordinated pieces in terms of colors, patterns, seams and materials.
The values of the games are much higher than that of loose sheets.
The disadvantage is that the values of the games are much higher than that of the loose sheet. In addition, the loose sheet is a great option for those who do not use or do not need the virol sheet or bedspread for example. After all, because the part of the layette that has the most contact with the skin, the elastic sheet needs to be changed more frequently than the other pieces.
Therefore, when purchasing loose sheets you have the possibility to keep spare parts that match the other pieces you already have. Therefore, there is no better or worse version: It all depends on your need and intention to use the product.
How to fold a double sheet with elastic?
For many people all the advantages of the elastic sheet are overshadowed when folding the product to store. The process can even be complicated, however, there are techniques that make folding this sheet model much easier, ensuring that the product is in the perfect shape to be stored while waiting for the next use. Check out!
- Turn the sheet inside out and insert a hand inside two seams on the same side.
- Repeat the process on the other side;
- Join hands, fitting the seams and joining the two ends of the sheet together, fitting the corners formed by the seams;
- Place the sheet on a flat surface and stretch it, folding the two edges inward to hide the elastic;
- Fold into a rectangle, with the elastic part facing the folds.
How to care for your double sheet with elastic?
For your sheets to last longer, some care with use and maintenance are necessary. Check out tips:
- When washing, do not mix light and dark pieces;
- Use mild soap and fabric softener;
- Avoid the use of cleaning products with blue coloring in colored fabrics, because besides staining they can fade;
- Dissolve the fabric softener and soap in water before placing on the sheets to wash, avoiding placing them directly on the fabric;
- Use water below 40ºc for washing. Hot water can shrink the fabric, especially on cotton models;
- When drying parts made with light and dark colors, always place the light colors upwards , to avoid stains;
- L and nçóis 100% cotton should not be washed with parts containing polyester that loose balls that can deposit on the natural fibers.
How much does it cost and where to buy double sheets with elastic?
The values of the double sheet with elastic vary a lot according to model, material used and product design. You can find simpler versions for less than R $ 30. More sophisticated models, with embroidery and other details, may have much higher prices.
You can buy your double sheet with elastic in physical stores that offer bedding and bath products, decoration and home utilities,among others. It is also possible to purchase online, taking advantage of all the convenience and variety that e-commerce sites such as Amazon.
Purchasing criteria: How to compare double sheet types with elastic
Now that you have learned a little more about double sheets with elastic, let’s close this article with some more relevant information. Here are some features that may help you get the right choice of elastic sheet for your double bed:
- Number of wires
- Color and print
Below we will explain in detail each of these topics.
Double elastic sheets are manufactured in a wide variety of fabrics. Cotton and polyester are the most popular. Give preference to good quality materials, especially if you choose clear models. This is because they will need to be washed frequently, which can compromise the durability of bad materials.
There are also versions of sheets that mix two or more types of materials, with applications of lace and embroidery, or other patterns. Evaluate the characteristics of each of these components well, both in terms of durability and resistance, as well as washing and maintenance instructions.
Check out the characteristics of the main materials used in the manufacture of the product:
- Cotton: Durable and with good moisture absorption, this material is the most suitable for the climate. Soft and comfortable, it is very resistant to use;
- Microfiber: Made of synthetic fibers of polyester, acrylic or nylon, they provide good thermal insulation and dry quickly. Of moderate durability, they do not knead, which facilitates the washing routine and layette organization;
- Satin: In mixed fabric composed of satin and cotton, it has a velvety and soft touch. Demands more care in washing;
- Polyester: Synthetic, it is less breathable and, despite having a soft touch, tends to accumulate balls with washing and use.
Number of wires
Depending on the material of manufacture of the sheet with double elastic – especially cotton, satin and polyester – there will be variation in quality and quantity of threads in the fabric weave.
As with other layette pieces, the greater the amount of thread in the fabric weave, the better its quality. For double sheets models with wefts of 150 threads are considered good, while models above 300 threads are considered excellent.
Color and print
As the sheet with elastic is a piece that makes direct contact with the body, in general it is more basic – free of lace, ruffles and details that can bring discomfort during sleep. However, this basic constitution can be compensated for in the choice of colors and prints, which can have a great effect on the final result of your decoration.
Choose according to the desired effect. Smooth, light or dark colors are generally easier to combine. On the other hand, the prints also highly value the decoration, and can be the most missing touch in your bed.
As the double sheet with elastic is a model that “embraces” the mattress, it is essential that it has the compatible measures not only in size, but also in height, with your mattress. Models that are too small will not fit well and may move out of place during use.
Large models, on the other hand, will also have a bad fit, with leftovers and wrinkles, which also carries risks of the product going out of place in the middle of the night. For standard double beds, the ideal size is 140 cm x 190 cm, with a height of 22 cm.