Revolving grill: How to choose the best in 2022?
If you like the vast majority are passionate about barbecue, today’s article will please you. Throughout this Review we will help you choose the item that will make it much more practical to prepare a beautiful barbecue: the rotating grill.
Extremely practical and resistant, the rotating grill is the ideal equipment for preparing meats, chicken, large cuts like ribs and even vegetables on the barbecue. It allows food to bake evenly, without requiring constant attention from the grill.
Follow us on this reading and check out the best options of the product, in addition to the features you should pay attention to in order to make the best choice of rotating grill for your barbecue.
First, the most important
- The rotating grill is practical and simple to use, and can greatly facilitate the life of the grill to reach the perfect point of your barbecue. In order to guarantee all the benefits that this product can offer, the right choice is essential.
- The grill model, size, capacity and design must be defined based on the grill size and model. A good choice is decisive for the durability and efficiency of the product.
- The values of rotating grills vary according to the model, brand and product capacity. It is possible to find simpler versions starting at R $ 200. More sophisticated versions with special materials and designs can cost several thousand reais.
You may also like:
- Gas barbecue: What’s the best of 2022?
- Knife set: Which are the best of 2022?
- Rotating spit: How to choose the best model in 2022
Ranking: The 4 best rotary grills
That barbecue to gather friends and family is the program with guaranteed success at any time. Whether you are a more or less skilled barbecue, the rotating grill is the ideal product to guarantee a perfectly roasted barbecue, leaving you more free to socialize with the guests.
Check out our Ranking, where we will present the most interesting models of the product.
Many cool rotating grill options in our Ranking, right? But among so many options, how do you know which one will really adapt to your style as a grill, satisfying all your expectations and needs ?! That’s what we’re going to tell you in this Buying Guide below. Follow!
What is the rotating grill?
The rotating grill is a support for skewers that is usually attached to masonry or pre-molded barbecues.
Equipped with a motor and gears prepared to work with specific skewers, the grill promotes the rotation of the skewers over the heat source of the barbecue, providing even heat distribution over the food and uniform cooking.
What is the difference between a rotating and fixed grill?
Available in models with one, two or more stages, the grill can have a combination of rotating stages and fixed grill, among other possibilities.
The models can also vary among themselves in size and capacity of skewers. It is the ideal accessory to provide more practicality and efficiency to barbecue techniques. Want to know the differences between the rotary and the conventional grill? Check the table below:
What are the advantages of the rotating grill?
A good barbecue can demand a lot from the grill: in addition to seasoning the meats and knowing the appropriate cuts for each piece, he needs to devote a lot of attention to the moment of roasting the ingredients, to ensure that nothing goes over the point.This task often ends up making it difficult or even preventing the person responsible for the barbecue from enjoying the event and enjoying the barbecue with the other guests.
Therefore, the main advantage of the rotating grill is the automated way in which the skewers move, giving more freedom to the grill, who does not have to worry about turning the skewers constantly.
In addition, the constant movement of the skewers provides a roast equal to the ingredients, ensuring a perfect barbecue at the desired point
How to use the rotating grill?
Although practical, the use of the rotating grill requires some care to ensure the success of your barbecue and the durability of the equipment. Some tips are the key to this result:
- Start the motor of the rotating grill as soon as the flame is lit, only turning it off when there is no more hot coals. This is because the fan needs to be on during the entire period when there is heat on the grill, so that there is no damage to its plastic parts.
- If you need or want to leave the skewer immobile, position the skewer outside the grill gear, which will prevent it from rotating.
- Make sure to use the skewers appropriate to the chosen model.
- Position the food on the skewer without leaving loose parts, and so that there is free space between a skewer and another of at least 2 fingers, to allow the skewers to rotate freely without friction between the food and the heat can circulate between the spaces .
The price of rotary grills can vary widely depending on the make and model. You can find the simplest ones for values starting at R $ 200.
Models of more renowned brands and larger capacities can cost more than R $ 1,000.
Where to buy?
You can buy your barbecue skewer at physical stores that sell cooking utensils Etna, Camicado, Tok Stok, among others.
It is also possible to purchase online – where the greatest variety of brands and models of the product is available – taking advantage of the convenience of sites Amazon.
Purchase Criteria: Factors for comparing the rotating grill models
Because it is a product that will be used for years, choosing your rotating grill is a task that is far from trivial. Therefore, some care is necessary for you to choose well. Some characteristics are fundamental in a quality product, such as:
- Engine positioning
- Rotation directions
Check now in detail each of the mentioned criteria.
The capacity of the rotating grill is defined based on the number of skewers that it can accommodate simultaneously.
Domestic models usually vary between capacities of 4 to 8 skewers at each stage. Industrial or professional models may have much larger capacities.
The rotating grill grills can be made of aluminum, iron, stainless steel and other metals. Choose products made with quality metals in order to avoid problems such as rust and contamination of food with the release of metal residues.
Currently the best option on the market are those made of stainless steel, which are easier to clean and do not release waste.
The rotating grill motor, in general, is located at the bottom of the product, and the positioning side will vary according to the brand and model of the chosen product.
Some brands offer consumers the option of choosing the engine on the right or left side of the grill.
It is important that the engine side is chosen according to the design of the barbecue where the grill will be installed, as well as the arrangement of the power point where it will be connected.
The closer the engine is to the outlet, the better, as this prevents the crossing of wires by the grill, which can cause accidents, in addition to impairing aesthetics.
In rotating grills, there is not much standard for the direction adopted for rotating the skewers. However, most of the more modern models already adopt the technique of inserting the rotation direction of the skewers positioned side by side.
The interleaved movement provides better fluidity of movements, prevents friction between one skewer and another and ensures better circulation and distribution of heat.