Stapler: Which is the best in 2021?
In today’s article we will help you choose this stationery that is simple, but when poorly chosen it can cause a lot of headaches: the stapler.
Practical and easy to use, the stapler is the ideal tool for joining and fixing cut sheets or paper notes, in small or large quantities. Widely used in schools and offices, the stapler eliminates the hassle of loose pages, grouping the material to the user’s taste and preventing sheets from being lost.
Follow this Review to the end and check out the best stapler options, in addition to the features you should pay attention to to make the best choice.
First, the most important
- There are countless options for stapler models on the market. From the simplest to the most sophisticated, they are available in different colors, capacities and configurations. Choose based on your need, product design and size.
- Type, material, color, capacity and staples used by the product are some characteristics to consider when purchasing your stapler.
- There is a lot of price variation for the product, depending on the brand and model. It is possible to find simple versions from R $ 10, the most sophisticated and with different accessories can cost more than R $ 100.
You may also like:
- Régua: What is the best in 2021?
- Protractor: Which are the best of 201?
- Colored pencils: Discover how to choose the best model in 2021
Best staplers: Our favorites
A stapler is so commonplace in our home, school or work routines that it usually goes unnoticed. Except when it starts to malfunction, that’s a bore for sure. So if you want a quality stapler to avoid getting on hand, we will present the most interesting models of the product for sale in Brazil. Check out:
- Pink Stapler – CIS
- Professional Stapler 140 Sheets – Eagle
- Stapler Pliers – Grampline
- Professional Semi-automatic Stapler Cap – Paperpro
Choosing a stapler may seem like a simple task, but improper choice can render the product unusable. Now that you have checked our Ranking with the coolest staplers on the market, let’s go to the Buying Guide.
The guide will provide the most relevant information about staplers such as models and indications for use, advantages and disadvantages, values, where to buy, etc.
What is a stapler?
The stapler is a tool – made of plastic, metal, or a combination of the two – that serves to group or fix sheets of paper or other materials by means of a U-shaped piece of wire called a staple.
The stapler appeared in the format we know today in the 18th century. Since then it has been evolving and adapting to the usage needs of modern society. Today there are staplers of different shapes and capacities.
Some variations are the electric models, in addition to the sectored ones that are suitable for use in works, for stapling fabrics, wood, upholstery, and even surgical staplers, which replace points in medical procedures.
What are the advantages of the stapler?
The first big advantage, of course, is the ability to put papers together very simply. In addition, the stapler is very cheap. There are models for all budgets.
This is a stationery tool used by students, professionals from the most diverse areas or even at home.
In most cases, the stapler has weight and measures to be portable. Although some models are large and robust, ideal for the office, there are numerous small models with excellent quality.
The disadvantage is due to the need to replace the clamps. And, some very inexpensive models can present problems with the use and lock the staples, damaging the papers.
Simple or professional stapler?
Few things irritate more than a stapler that swallows or locks staples, leaves staples loose or worse, chews and damages paper without fixing the staple properly.
To avoid this type of headache, a quality product and suitable for the intended use is essential. Assess the volume of demand for your stapler, as this type of product has a predetermined useful life. If demand is high, it is worth investing in a better quality stapler, which will last longer.
The choice is based on a simple and professional stapler – in addition to other features such as capacity, staple and others that we will address in the criteria below.
Check the table to define the type of stapler that best fits the one you are looking for:
It is possible to find staplers for sale on the market with wide variation in price. The values change according to the product brand, model, material of manufacture, and capacity.
The more basic the stapler, the lower the price. There are models for more than R $ 100, but you can also find simpler types for less than R $ 10.
Evaluate the prices of the chosen model in the different brands available in the market to ensure that you make a purchase with the best cost benefit.
Where to buy?
You can buy your stapler at physical stores that sell school and office supplies. It is also possible to find the product in hypermarkets.
However, where there will be greater availability of established brands and models it will be in online stores, such as Amazon.
Purchasing criteria: Factors to compare the different stapler models
As we already mentioned, the correct choice of your stapler is essential to avoid frustrations and ensure that the product performs satisfactorily the activities you need. We are all subject to making bad purchases from time to time.
To help you make the right decision, we will present below some characteristics you need to pay attention to in order to choose the stapler that will best suit you:
- Bobby pins
Now check the determining criteria in detail.
There is a wide range of staplers on the market. To choose the ideal, consider what the product will be used for, and the main needs it should meet and choose the one that best fits these parameters.
The main types are:
- Mini : In small proportions, it fits in bags and cases. With a capacity of few sheets, it is ideal for students, teachers and people with little demand for use / capacity;
- Professional : With high capacity, you can staple up to 300 sheets, depending on the model. Ideal for stapling handouts, processes and other high-volume materials;
- Pliers : Activated with a plier-like movement, this type of stapler is ideal for those who need to staple without having the support of a table;
- Semi-automatic : It has mechanisms that demand less pressure for stapling. Some can be triggered with just one finger.
- Automatic : It can be the type that has a sensor that identifies the paper entry or with the push of a button, eliminating the traditional pressure movement with the hands to staple.
The capacity of staplers is measured using standard sheets of bond paper. There are models with the most diverse capacities, and you can choose according to your needs.
The capacity of the stapler can change according to the weight of the sheets and the type of staples used, but basically they are:
- Up to 25 sheets : Can be of the mini or traditional type. Ideal for school or home use. They use special staples in reduced proportions.
- Up to 50 sheets : Ideal for home and school use. It is generally safer, with the staples being fed from the top, to avoid contact with the staple outlet. Usually uses 1/4, 5/16 and 3/8 staples.
- Up to 100 sheets : Already moving into the professional category, these staplers are ideal for small businesses and schools. They can use staples of 23/6, 23/8, 23/10 and 23/13.
- Up to 240 sheets : Heavy, should always be used on support surfaces. It usually has a base and hand rest in adherent materials to prevent accidents. It is suitable for medium and large companies, printing and copying. It generally uses staples from 23/6 to 23/23.
Stapler staples are categorized by two numbers, where the first indicates the size of the die and the second the staple leg. The higher the number of the die, the finer the clamp.
Household staplers generally use staple strips between 24 and 26. Leg size is indicated in millimeters. The leg measurement will be proportional to the maximum leaf capacity of the staple. The 6 mm leg, for example, is one of the most used in the home and school environment, and is sufficient for up to 30 sheets.
To find the ideal size for your number of sheets, the calculation is simple: 3 mm are needed for the staple fold, and each extra 1 mm accommodates 10 sheets. For example, for 50 sheets you need 5 mm for the sheets + 3 mm for the fold, so you should use 8 mm leg clamps.
The most used measures of clamps are:
- 26/6 – Thin die and leg for up to 30 leaves;
- 26/8 – Thin die and leg for up to 50 leaves;
- 6/24 – Thick die and leg for up to 30 leaves;
- 24/8 – Thick die and leg for up to 50 leaves.
It may seem silly, but the stapler design is important. For a more formal office, a more classic model, in black and simple color will be ideal. Now if the work environment is cool, why not dare in more colorful pieces and cools?
The school stapler can be made of animals, colored or that matches the rest of the material. The important thing is to have quality and also to express a little of the personality of person or style of the environment in question.