Trousseau Queen: How to choose the best model in 2021
Few people are aware of the influence of bedding on well-being, sleep quality and disposition upon waking. The pieces that make up the queen layette must be chosen with care and attention.
To find the best trousseau queen, you need to know which pieces make up this set and learn how to choose them according to your needs, preferences and available budget. This and other information you find throughout this article.
First, the most important
- To assemble the layette for your double bed, you must analyze the dimensions of the mattress and pillows. The queen standard double mattress is 1.60m wide by 2m long, while the pillows measure 80cm long by 50cm wide.
- A queen trousseau can consist of 5 to 15 pieces. Among the main items are sheets, pillowcases, pillow and mattress protectors, bedspread, bed covers, pillows, cushions, rolls and other pieces.
- You will find queen layette options for prices ranging from R $ 100 to R $ 1200. The quantity of items, quality of the fabric, design of the pieces and brand influence the prices of the sets.
You may also like :
- Queen bed set: What are the best 2021 models
- Duvet queen: How to choose the best model in 2021
- Queen mattress: Meet the best of 2021
To choose the perfect layette for your room, you must consider the mattress and pillows measurements, fabric quality, quantity of pieces and available budget. If your double bed has a queen pattern, this Buying Guide will help you find the best set of pieces.
Who should buy a queen layette?
Do you know how important it is to invest in a layette for your double bed? First of all, the sheets, pillowcases, pillow and mattress protectors serve to protect the mattress and pillows.
The set also makes up the decoration of the room. You can find plain pieces in different shades, printed or embroidered, the choice should be based on the style of decoration of the room and personal preferences.
The queen trousseau consists of several pieces: sheets, pillowcases, bedspread, comforter, blanket, blanket and other items. These pieces must respect the following measures: 160cm wide by 200cm long (mattress) and 80cm long by 50cm wide (pillows).
What items make up a queen trousseau?
Do you know which items make up a queen trousseau? We will explain what these parts are and their respective features below:
- Bottom sheet is placed over the protective mattress cover. Generally, this piece has elastic at the edges that serves to facilitate the placement, removal and keep the piece in place.
- Top sheet is used to cover the bed and must be placed over the bottom sheet. It has no elastic, just a dividing line that indicates where the sheet should be folded.
- Pillowcase and pillow holder are used to cover the pillows. The pillowcases have the same dimensions, fabric and design. The pillow cases are made of thick fabric, with foam filling, flaps at the edges and sophisticated finish.
- Bed covers should be the last item to cover the mattress, placed on the top sheet and used on mild days.
- Blankets and comforters are usually purchased separately. The blanket is a thinner and more malleable piece, ideal for mid-season and should be folded at the foot of the bed. The comforter is a thicker piece that should only be used at bedtime.
Did you know that the tradition of setting up a trousseau before the wedding remains a trend? In the Middle Ages, a bride’s trousseau should consist of bed, bath and table items.
These pieces were made by hand by the women of the bride’s family, who used white fabric embroidered with the initials of the bride or groom or family crest. The number of pieces that made up the trousseau was directly associated with the financial condition of the bride.
What are the dimensions of a queen trousseau?
What differentiates a queen layette from other models are the measurements of the pieces that make up the bedding and that vary according to the pattern of the mattress and pillows:
What items in the queen layette should be purchased in what quantity?
If you are assembling a queen trousseau, it is important to add the following quantities of pieces to the list – This list is valid for both those who are setting trousseau for a traditional double bed, queen or king:
- Two complete bedding sets (one in simple fabric and the other in fine fabric)
- Four pillows and protectors
- Eight pillowcases
- Two quilts
- Two blankets
- Two duvets and two protective covers
- A blanket
- A mattress protector
- Two box bed skirts
- Two cushions
What are the differences between a queen layette and a queen bed set?
It is quite common for people to confuse trousseau queen with queen bedding. Generally, the queen bedding set consists of a sheet with elastic, a sheet to cover the bed and two pillowcases.
The pieces that make up a queen bed set serve to preserve the mattress and pillows. In contrast, the queen layette is made up of a greater variety and quantity of pieces.
Purchasing criteria: How to choose items from a queen layette
Who has never been in doubt about which trousseau to choose? These pieces are found in different dimensions, fabrics, shades and prints, and this variety of options increases indecision.
In order to purchase a quality product, it is necessary to observe some important aspects that can help you find a set that combines characteristics such as comfort, functionality, design and cost-benefit, such as those listed below:
- Number of wires
- Thermal comfort
We will detail each of the purchase criteria throughout this section. If you liked this article, don’t forget to rate it and leave a comment.
When choosing the items of a queen layette it is necessary to analyze the fabric used in the making of the pieces. You can find options in cotton, polyester, percale or a combination of textures.
- Percale fabric can be 100% cotton or a mixed fabric – 50% cotton and 50% polyester. Mixed fabric does not crumple easily, on the other hand, can form the dreaded pellets.
- Cotton offers a lot of softness, does not form pellets and lasts long. The greater the number of threads, the more expensive is the layette.
- Mesh is made of 100% cotton, the difference is in the weft of the threads – the options are “combed threads” or “carded threads”
Other fabrics used in making queen layette items are flannel, silk, satin and Egyptian cotton, but both materials are very hot and should only be used in winter.
Number of wires
When you touch different fabrics used in the composition of the pieces in a queen layette, you can see a big difference between these sets.
This is because of the amount of wires that is determined by the sum of the wires used in the vertical and horizontal direction, in a space of one square inch.
The greater the number of threads, the greater the softness and delicacy of the piece. You can find parts with 150 to 1,000 threads. The greater the number of threads in the pieces, the higher the price of the set.
The pieces made of fabrics with more yarns tend to offer greater thermal comfort, because the closed wefts reduce or block the passage of the wind.
In this sense, we recommend that you use pieces with a greater amount of threads in the winter and pieces in fresher fabrics such as cotton, linen, bamboo, percale, modal and natural silk in the summer.
When it comes to design, we can divide the queen bed sheets into two categories: plain and printed pieces. To choose the best alternative, consider the decoration of the room.
We suggest that you choose a plain queen bed linen in neutral tones to match the minimalist, classic or Scandinavian decor. While the printed pieces must be used to add personality to a simple room.
A tip is to think about harmonization, that is, choose sheets, pillowcases, bedspreads, comforters and blankets that match between them. In this sense, define a color palette that matches the printed pieces.
People Also Search For
wed me good gowns
wed me good artificial jewellery
wed me good blouse designs
bridal lehenga designs hd images
latest bride wedding dress
wedding lehenga pictures
wed me good lehengas
wed me good blouse designs
wedding shoppingi blog
indian wedding related blogs
blogs on marriages
indian bride magazine
trousseau l air du printemps
trousseau jogos de cama